July 4th AM Ride (BiscoJosh's last ride b4 Bar Exam)

How about the soccer field on Rt. 27 at 10:00 AM? I've never been there before so hopefully there will be people there who are familiar with the trials.

Last edited:
i am familiar with the trails . lets hope the rain ends soon or tomorrow we will need a canoe. round valley drains well ,lots of climbing .

I know the trails and I will be there unless I bail out at the last minute due to inclement weather.

Man I stink...

Good ride

It was a good ride today - a bit humid and the foilage was still pretty wet, but the trails were in good shape. Started out a bit on the slick side - like a thin layer of wet stuff on top of hardpack, but as the day went on the trails firmed up nicely. Normal muddy areas were muddy - rest of the trail was in really good shape.

We rode the blue all the way out and hit all the new stuff. In the interest of time on the way back, we took a few shortcuts that shaved off ~ 1.5 miles (skipped the 2 little piney sections opposite the hunting trail just east of south middlebush, took the old south side trail instead of the "pine maze" between the log bridge/a-frame and the power line cut, and went up the gravel road instead of the last section of singletrack near the soccer field parking lot).

Tony - I know you were riding SS today, but it wasn't a fixie, was it?

Will it ever end???

diethreaddie.jpg

for those trying to catch up:
Some guy thinks that he has to hang his bike up for an eternity to study for an exam. It took ten pages of replies just to figure out where to go. 57 people said they were going to show up. There were two drops of rain the morning of the ride. Everyone pussed out and bailed. Even the guy who created the thread didn't show up.

Holly crap. Start a new thread. This is why party lines failed in the '80s. No one knew what anyone else was talking about!!!!!

Last edited:
the mascot lives....and is by the looks of it pissed that this thread won't die...
I wonder how many pages of this will go on until it does.. :)

ill ride friday...i get out of work at 4-4.30...i can be there for 5-5.30 whenever people want to start...that is as long as i dont see a cloud...i was kinda pissed i didnt pull the trigger and come friday...worked late thursday night im one of the F'n pusses biknben speaks of...ahahahahah...f*ck it...but im in...think we should start a new thread.?.

I was kind of hoping to string it out until "July 4th ride" becomes pertinent again, next year :p

So what's everyone's take on monkeys? I like monkeys. Monkeys are funny.

was it the monkeys that put the thorns in the trails? I got a couple of flats when I was there on July 4th.:D

Back
Top Bottom