I drank the Kool-aide ...and it was good !

there's a difference between tights , for cold weather riding and spandex shorts for what purpose I have no idea. None that you're gonna convince me are worthy of me suiting up and looking like Nacho Libre.

They aren't tights if they're worn under shorts in cold weather. :) They then just become "leg warmers". And if you're wearing pants over them they're "long bike underwear". They aren't tights until they're worn on the outside.

Damnit.

-Steve

They aren't tights if they're worn under shorts in cold weather. :) They then just become "leg warmers". And if you're wearing pants over them they're "long bike underwear". They aren't tights until they're worn on the outside.

Damnit.

-Steve

Leg warmers...Long Underwear??? :rofl:

You can twist it however you wish. In the end, they are thick panty-hose just like your mom wears. You are just putting shorts over them. :rofl:

Calling them by a new name doesn't make them manly. Being comfortable in whatever you want to wear make you a man. :getsome:

Got the 29'er.
In summary:
26" is dead
baggy shorts are dead
leg hair may or may not be dead :D

You are on a roll Tommy. I say just go for it. You may just like it all.
Sooo, does this mean Kool-aide now comes in 4 flavors? ..... SS, 29, lycra and shaved ?? or is it THE flavor?:hmmm:

You are on a roll Tommy. I say just go for it. You may just like it all.
Sooo, does this mean Kool-aide now comes in 4 flavors? ..... SS, 29, lycra and shaved ?? or is it THE flavor?:hmmm:

Maybe I'll shave one leg to start, so I can do a direct comparison. :rolleyes:

I think its 4 flavors. But you're only a true kool-aid afficionado if you mix all 4. I guess. Maybe.

Truth be told, I've only dabbled in the wonderful world of lycra, having worn the bib shorts under lycra pants so far....I need to reduce it to a single layer of spandex between me and the rest of the world to really be indoctrinated.

My objection to spandex is that I care about people! I care that I will be causing people to have the god awful image of me in a sausage casing burned forever into their heads! Its not right I tell you. :D

I have drank the kool aid on cycling shirts with the 3 pockets in the back.

My objection to spandex is that I care about people! I care that I will be causing people to have the god awful image of me in a sausage casing burned forever into their heads! Its not right I tell you. :D

I have drank the kool aid on cycling shirts with the 3 pockets in the back.

people in my office love it when I walk around in my kit. I didn't change this morning until around 8:30...

I tried clipless for the 1st time the other day. My initial feeling is that they give me much more control/power/evenness in pedalling. Makes me much better on flat parts and on climbs. But I'm not very comfortable with them on heavily rocky situations and my confidence level suffers. I think as I become a better rider and don't have to put my foot down as much in difficult parts, I will be using them all the time. But for now, I think I'll pick and choose which trails to ride clipless on. I think I would be fine with clipless on 6MR and Lewis Morris, for example.

I tried clipless for the 1st time the other day. My initial feeling is that they give me much more control/power/evenness in pedalling. Makes me much better on flat parts and on climbs. But I'm not very comfortable with them on heavily rocky situations and my confidence level suffers. I think as I become a better rider and don't have to put my foot down as much in difficult parts, I will be using them all the time. But for now, I think I'll pick and choose which trails to ride clipless on. I think I would be fine with clipless on 6MR and Lewis Morris, for example.

just stick with it and you wont even have to think about it after a while. I was the same way.

just stick with it and you wont even have to think about it after a while. I was the same way.

Today was the second day with the new shoes and pedals. Besides all of the obvious positives.I'm loving them .

Try not to be afraid about the rocks, if anything ,the shoes and pedals will help you power through those situations where you might normally just put your foot down..... because you can.

Back
Top Bottom