I drank the Kool-aide ...and it was good !

Stocky

I found one of my old threads .

I feel it's necessarry to BITCH slap myself a few times.

1. 2 years ago my buddy tried to get me to buy a bike and ride with him....
I said I never would do it . Now I own a Hi-Fi Deluxe 29'er.

2. I swore I would never get a Camelback.... I GOT ONE.

3. I swore I would never go clipless .... just got the Specialized Pro carbons and pedals.

4. I told my buddy " why do ya need a bash guard "
Yesterday while putting on my pedals, Jim Vreeland put on an Uber cool bash guard.

What does this tell everyone about me ? That I tend to be a doofus and eventually get/do whatever I said I wasn't going to do .

I rode Mahlon for a casual "getting to know your new shoes and pedals ride" this afternoon.

Only one boo-boo at the top the the Wall re-route, before it actually get's sketchy. Other than that , I'm a DOOFUS for waiting so long to get shoes and pedals.
Also the bash guard ROCKS !

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I found one of my old threads .

I feel it's necessarry to BITCH slap myself a few times.

1. 2 years ago my buddy tried to get me to buy a bike and ride with him....
I said I never would do it . Now I own a Hi-Fi Deluxe 29'er.

2. I swore I would never get a Camelback.... I GOT ONE.

3. I swore I would never go clipless .... just got the Specialized Pro carbons and pedals.

4. I told my buddy " why do ya need a bash guard "
Yesterday while putting on my pedals, Jim Vreeland put on an Uber cool bash guard.

What does this tell everyone about me ? That I tend to be a doofus and eventually get/do whatever I said I wasn't going to do .

I rode Mahlon for a casual "getting to know your new shoes and pedals ride" this afternoon.

Only one boo-boo at the top the the Wall re-route, before it actually get's sketchy. Other than that , I'm a DOOFUS for waiting so long to get shoes and pedals.
Also the bash guard ROCKS !

Didn't I hear you swear you'd never win the lottery?!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
WTF JIM?
He was trying to tell me I should shave my Legs too....

Panhead

Take a bigger gulp of the Kool-aide and ditch the gears. It'll take a while before you want to get rid of the fork, but that will happen it always does:D.

jontotman

Sweet!! Great to see more Fisher 29ers out there:D

-Jim.

PS-You have any questions about set-up, etc, I'll hook you up, just stop by;)
Stocky Nice Bike! I love my GF too! Although I converted my Rig to 1X9, it should be back to original before the Singlespeed-a-palooza.
Here's my fisher before and after photos:
IMG_0066.jpg

IMGP7536.jpg

IMGP7537.jpg

IMG_0199.jpg

Last edited:

BiknBen

Take a bigger gulp of the Kool-aide and ditch the gears. It'll take a while before you want to get rid of the fork, but that will happen it always does:D.

I went from 27 gears, FS, 26" bike to a rigid SS 29er. BTW, there was no overlap. Sold one, bought the other a week later.

I guess you could say I did a 30-Second pitcher of Cool-Aid :getsome:

BTW: I shaved my legs this morning while thinking of Mare. I don't own argyle bike socks but agree they are the Shizznit. I just can't find any that match my team colors.

Stocky

I went from 27 gears, FS, 26" bike to a rigid SS 29er. BTW, there was no overlap. Sold one, bought the other a week later.

I guess you could say I did a 30-Second pitcher of Cool-Aid :getsome:

BTW: I shaved my legs this morning while thinking of Mare. I don't own argyle bike socks but agree they are the Shizznit. I just can't find any that match my team colors.

I shaved my .... oh never mind .

Start your own team and make your own colors.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have bought (2) 29ers in the past 3 months, drank the kool aid and love it. However, leg shaving and tights is where I pack my bags and get on the first truck out of Jonestown :D

Stocky

I have bought (2) 29ers in the past 3 months, drank the kool aid and love it. However, leg shaving and tights is where I pack my bags and get on the first truck out of Jonestown :D

there's a difference between tights , for cold weather riding and spandex shorts for what purpose I have no idea. None that you're gonna convince me are worthy of me suiting up and looking like Nacho Libre.

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat

Got the 29'er. Last weekend I got the tights - SOOO much better than baggies, IMHO. I was looking for a liner chamois to wear under un-chamoised craft long pants and was convinced to just get a set of bib shorts.

I never had big problems with my Fox shorts catching on anything, but the improved mobility and ZERO chance of saddle snags made me a believer in lycra. Now I just need to get a codpiece to impress the ladies.

No thoughts of leg shaving, but I've been rolling over like a beat dog for my other taboos, so who knows.

In summary:
26" is dead
baggy shorts are dead
leg hair may or may not be dead :D

Top Bottom