I drank the Kool-aide ...and it was good !

Stocky

We rode Sat ,Sun and this morning at Mahlon probably against my better judgement. I somehow tweaked my right wrist while riding on Saturday and it was killing me all day Saturday.
I told the guys I was going to take a pass for Sunday in hopes that it would feel better. ( sorry Utah Joe )I told Joe I would meet up with him so he could take the bike for a ride. At 5:30am on Sunday I wasn't going and I sent him a text, by 5:45am I was called every name in the book to my face and via text and there was no way I would ***** out on this.

So I think 3 days of Mahlon has put me and the bike through the paces.I have now ridden all the hills with virtual ease that I had walked or struggled with in the past.
The bike is just smoother to pedal than my Trek4300. It's like driving a fine car.
I rode that section at the bottom of the wall , it's the rock>rocky river bed>small bridge > to climbing up the big rock. I literally roll over that shit now.
The tricky section on Stone Gate where ya go over the log ( rocks on both sides) > then a tight turn to the right, ( it'sa very compact section) tight to the left up the rocks etc.. than down that large rock ledge and a little drop to your left . I rode that this weekend with confidence.
I have no technical knowledge like most of you guys do. I don't know what alot of the bike talk means.
What I do know is this bike rocks and ROLLS !

I let my buddy who was the first one to buy a new bike this year, he bought the Fisher Piranah HT.
He couldn't believe the difference.
He's hooked, he rode it for a mile or so.
Damn I hated riding his bike for that mile.

I did loose one of the plates on my Crank Brothers pedals, not sure if it fell of while driving or it's lost on the trail.

Onece ya go 29, you'll never go back.

The Kalmyk

I've never been a fan of the whole GF "First and Last name of mtbing" crap but I will say that Stocky's bike is Sexy...

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Damn son!! That bike looks awesome outside!! This picture was obviously taken BEFORE your ride at "The Rock":D

-Jim.

That was taken about 10 minutes after i left High Hear... before the ride...

That new "Diamond" camera phone takes pretty sick pictures.

Stocky

so sexy that I named her Jill ( after an old girlfriend ) , because my bike is so much fun to ride .;)

of course my wife doesn't know I have a name for my bike.:D

The Kalmyk

so sexy that I named her Jill ( after an old girlfriend ) , because my bike is so much fun to ride .;)

of course my wife doesn't know I have a name for my bike.:D

it's funny how often you think of old gfs when one is married...were paddling the same boat:topic:...

Stocky

Stocky and Jeremy, welcome to the club, it is now your duty to convert at least one person you know to a 29er:D

-Jim.

Jim,
Thanks for guiding me to the light.
There is a 99% chance that my buddy who rides with us each week will ditch his Piranah and get one.
I'm trying to convince him to get the Hi-Fi 08' model that they have in the Millburn shop.
I just want him to put some money on it ,so nobody will buy it. Then he can pay it off.

One mile test ride on my bike today and he was converted.

Jim, I needs your thoughts on "Stans"
I will PM ya .

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stocky and Jeremy, welcome to the club, it is now your duty to convert at least one person you know to a 29er:D

-Jim.

When i was out on Sunday morning, I was referred to as "Mr. sudden burst of f***ing energy".... I tried to explain it was the big wheels that just made the terrain easier to clear.... :D

It may take a few more rides, but I think there is a good chance i will convert a few.

xc62701

I've drunk the kool aid and I might be going back...

Don't get me wrong...I love the 29'er! It rocks on flowy stuff and in tight techy stuff and in most situations but the climbing has been suspect lately. I've been doing some really long extended climbs and the 26'er has the nod on that it seems. That's where it counts for a lot of the stuff I do anyway. So I'll have one of each in my quiver for whatever it suits best.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
so you will be having a 29"er for sale real cheep???? :) (i hope it is a large)

Stocky

Ya know clearly ya can't just say it's a 29'er and it climbs hills better. For me it's obviously a case of a different frame style/geometry from my Trek 4300. As well as a better drive train.

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I find myslef climbing better on the 29'er.

Maybe its because its so much lighter...

Stocky

I find myslef climbing better on the 29'er.

Maybe its because its so much lighter...

I'm sure lighter has something to do with it.On the Trek I found myself sliding my body almost to the front edge of my seat during climbs, in order to center my body over my bike better.
With the new bike I'm sliding forward ever so slightly ,but the climbing other than I 'm still sucking wind is almost with out effort.

Liv2Ride

My 29er Stable

Love the whole 29er thing that I just had to pick up a second one to add to my bike stable(my other is a 08 Felt Nine Elite).Got this 08 Fisher HIFI PRO for cheap from a friend of a friend who gave up mountain biking.Didnt tell me how much he paid for it but what I paid was more than half off what the retail price was brand new.Just picked it up from bike shop and they said it is in great shape still just a couple of scratches,cable rub,thats it.:D

Attachments

• 1006081803a.jpg
    1006081803a.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 105

jShort

Team MTBNJ Halter's
sweet ride. I love my Fisher more and more after every ride.

Top Bottom