I drank the Kool-aide ...and it was good !

TonyC

I bought a Camel Bak today, "Mule" I believe it's called 100oz of liquid.
I just couldn't stand the look of that water bottle on the lower tube.

let's see how I like the ride after 3 days on my back .

Good choice.. on the Mule.. IMO it's the best model.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Looks good! I was hesitant when you mentioned this bike, but didn't want to rain on your parade.The newer model year looks much better than the last one i took for a test drive.As for the previous peanut gallery.........I'm pretty sure i could crush all but the mighty Ben and I am not and will not clip in, so don't bow to any pressure just do what you want..............

Stocky

Looks good! I was hesitant when you mentioned this bike, but didn't want to rain on your parade.The newer model year looks much better than the last one i took for a test drive.As for the previous peanut gallery.........I'm pretty sure i could crush all but the mighty Ben and I am not and will not clip in, so don't bow to any pressure just do what you want..............

Newer as in the 09' looks better than this model. I like the 09' white, but it would show every nick, chip , ding etc..
I also couldn't beat the price since it was now "last years model".

I will love it !

platforms all the way !

I did however cave on the Camel-Bak, but that was almost a given.

dualfisted

u caved, and will again.....

You're Kool-Aid tasting days aren't quite dun yet,son.... You tried a 29er and caved, u wanted water bottles, then said maybe a small Camelback and here u are with 100 ozs. Of water on yer back (which I commend u for, stay hydrated, ride longer and carry a pump/ patch kit to save yer ass). Now, it's time for the clipless petal cave/ Kool-Aid taste test. You'll love every minute of you're continuous cave-in.

Stocky

You're Kool-Aid tasting days aren't quite dun yet,son.... You tried a 29er and caved, u wanted water bottles, then said maybe a small Camelback and here u are with 100 ozs. Of water on yer back (which I commend u for, stay hydrated, ride longer and carry a pump/ patch kit to save yer ass). Now, it's time for the clipless petal cave/ Kool-Aid taste test. You'll love every minute of you're continuous cave-in.

LMAO !

warcricket

Like a Jerk
i had long hesatations about going clipless but it's definietly worth it. honestly, i worry more about unclipping when i don't want to as opposed to not being able to unclip.

Stocky

my next "thing" will be weather to go tubeless or not. I wanna get some hours under my belt on this bike and then take it from there.

It seems like a no brianer to go tubeless.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Rig1.jpg

Sweet!! Great to see more Fisher 29ers out there:D

-Jim.

PS-You have any questions about set-up, etc, I'll hook you up, just stop by;)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

just wait the voices will try and tempt you to get a road bike and machie-machies next but be stronger then me and don't give in..

sixseven

Nice looking bike. I am with you on the platforms for the same reasons. I put on the 50/50's a few weeks ago and love them after having ridden on 12$ pedals for a year. Its a bit ridiculous on a XC bike, but they work for me for now.
Eventually I will cave in too and go clipless, I can see the progression. Then again you see plenty of crashes with clipless riders going down with the bike, I much prefer the bail out and away from the bike method of crashing.
Stirrups on a horse saddle are platform, that makes sense to me.
I love my Camelbak. Room for everything and comfortable. And it doesn't look like a square dingleberry hanging from the saddle.

don

I'm another platform user. I'm running a set of Wellgo MG-1's that are wicked light and the pins are long for great grip. I have to admit clips are very nice for climbs and I run them on my rigid SS but for the type of riding I like to do on the suspension bike the flats are the best all around solution.

I like a hydro-back as I can just grab it and go. I've been running a DaKine which has some nice feature and fits well.

But there is something to be said about not having something on your back. For really quick rides I won't take anything save for a small multi-tool in the short's pocket. It's feels nice not to have that extra weight.

Congrat's on the rig - looks great!

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
You guys are killing me! :getsome:

OK my car is going up for sale, and I'll start driving a KIA so I can afford to buy one of these 29er things. :D

Seriously, Nice bikes. Are they both Deluxes? I want to hear if the Pro is worth the extra $$.

Tim

walter

Fourth Party
Why is better in quotes?

well, the pro comes with XT as opposed to X9 on the deluxe. A rp23 and rlc compared to a rp2 and rl. the brakes and crankset are different as well. So, to the average joe, they are all just parts. Some may argue the XT and X9, can someone actually tell the difference performance wise between a rp23 and a rp2, or a fox rlc and a rl. Probably not. So, I put better in quotes to symbolize the fact that they are both nice bikes, but do you really want to splurge for "better" parts. Like an Easton carbon post perhaps:D

Top Bottom