How Many Races are you Planning on doing in 2009?

How Many Races are you Planning on doing in 2009?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 5.4%

Votes: 3 8.1%

Votes: 3 8.1%

Votes: 4 10.8%

• 6-10

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • 10-20

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • 20-40

• more than 40

• Total voters
With MTB and full Cyclocross racing season ... 40+ Last year I did 30 races combined, fractured my collarbone in June. I'm planning on a few of the new East coast Nationals, MTB Nationals in Colorado as well Cyclocross in KC. Game on.

RC

I think I'll try one or two for beginners starting with waway. Are there any rules as to what you ride? I'm 29er.

I think I'll try one or two for beginners starting with waway. Are there any rules as to what you ride? I'm 29er.
Hey Rob you can race your 29r. If I decided to stay in the Beginners cat. this year we might be riding side by side in Waway, if you don't dust me right away.;)
I raced twice last year in Ringwood and Blue Mountain and I must admit this thing is kinda addicting. I'm planning to do all H2H races this year and probably add the darkhorse 40 and the singlespeedpollooza.

Last edited:
Hey Rob you can race your 29r. If I decided to stay in the Beginners cat. this year we might be riding side by side in Waway, if you don't dust me right away.;)
I raced twice last year in Ringwood and Blue Mountain and I must admit this thing is kinda addicting. I'm planning to do all H2H races this year and probably add the darkhorse 40 and the singlespeedpollooza.

Yeah...look who's talking, I can't keep up with you riding singlespeed:D

If I can manage to get to 4 races this year, I'll be happy. More would be great, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Most if not all H2H.
DH40 as I really was looking forward to that last year but hand had just come out of cast.
Might try the singlepalooza if I can get the bike together.
Moutain man again.
Leadville 100 :rofl:(might not get to this until next year)

Forgot if road counts... I will try my legs at the Thursday night crits in Rockleigh for a way to get in a weeknight workout. May also try some kind of road race just because I have never done one. Anybody have any suggestions taking this into consideration? Something in Bergen county or even lower NY state that could be fun?

Forgot if road counts... I will try my legs at the Thursday night crits in Rockleigh for a way to get in a weeknight workout. May also try some kind of road race just because I have never done one. Anybody have any suggestions taking this into consideration? Something in Bergen county or even lower NY state that could be fun?

While I "never say never", that's about close as I can say are the chances of me ever racing on the road... I'd rather race an entire season on the Mt Snow pro DH course (and I hated that course) than race road... I just look at road racing... all those guys... jammed together elbow to elbow... in their underwear... no fricken' way... Racing DH is much safer...

For Thursday night crits - if you're close to Philly, there's Belmont Plateau. XC pick-up races that have been going on for almost 20 years (now that's scary... the 20 years part... :rolleyes: ).

If you want an introductory road race check out the Tour De Lake Hopatcong. My teammate helps put it on and there's a 20 and 40 mile option. It's all on open roads(not a crit) and has lots of climbing and chilling in the peleton is awesome. It's usually at the end of April. He also put on a fall one last year. I'll keep ya posted when I get the info.

Wilderness101.jpg
Anyone doing this one?

I'm in for this one. 3rd time's a charm right???

Back
Top Bottom