Homebrewers

Shaggz

A strong 7
Who out there brews? I have been in and out of the hobby for the last 15 years, and am sitting on a ton of equipment at home. We threatened to get a brew club going when Sean was still around, but that fell apart. Might be fun to resurrect the concept.

The Kalmyk

I would be down...With responsibilites and kids it is hard to stay consistent...I was into it with a buddy of mine (he is the mastermind not myself) but our last batch of Ginger Ale went to crap...I too have some equipment and 2 oak barrels

Glancing Aft

I've been wanting to start for ions. Perhaps this winter things will get off the ground, so I will be avidly keeping an eye on this thread for info.

bozizle

Me 2

I have been brewing for the past 3 years and actually just made a nice Honey Ale and Dark Wheat....sometimes the results are not so good. I would have interest but also echo the kid / family obligations come first...maybe a meeting twice a year or at least brew something for the picnic next year??? Or maybe even have a homebrewing tasting.

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I was interested in brewing my own Cider. I've been drinking a lot of Ciders recently. I've read that making Cider is a little more easy than beer. I was planning on asking for some brewing equipment for xmas.

bozizle

I was interested in brewing my own Cider. I've been drinking a lot of Ciders recently. I've read that making Cider is a little more easy than beer. I was planning on asking for some brewing equipment for xmas.

Idbrian it is much easier and I would say less time consuming for sure to make cider. Check out some links below for what I think are good sources for getting a "starter kit". Also don't be afraid to add some honey in your cider it helps smooth it out.

www.morebeer.com
www.northernbrewer.com

SpartaBard

Who out there brews? I have been in and out of the hobby for the last 15 years, and am sitting on a ton of equipment at home. We threatened to get a brew club going when Sean was still around, but that fell apart. Might be fun to resurrect the concept.

You can still use my basement. :rolleyes:

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Thanks for the links.

From what i've read Cider is a 3 week process so i was thinking of running two batches, one every other week.

bozizle

Nice!

Jersey Girl hooked me up with my own keg for homebrewing for xmas....now I can forget bottles and have my beer ready sooner.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i can donate two glass carboys and brew bucket to the mtbnj brewclub in brad's basement. i'm not about to ship em up to alaska, so first come first serve.

joeschaar

HomeBrew

I'm looking to brew once in a while. I have tons of experince but no equipment, any more. It was grage space for bike or brewing. Bikes won. Now I just drink a lot.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I made Root Beer once in science class. It was fun. Sorry, I don't drink so it's as close as I can get:D

86-LRG.jpg

-Jim.

Glenlivet12

Hey guys, any pointers for someone just getting into homebrewing? I picked up John Palmer's book "How to Brew" and have been reading through that. I'm going get a brewing set up soon, probably from Brewers Apprentice. Any pointers from experience that wouldn't be totally obvious to a newbie?

Top Bottom