Homebrewers

jklett

Very loose interpretation of Bell's two hearted with what grains I had on hand. I used 2 row, Maris Otter, and melanoidin(more for color than anything) . About the only thing I did the same was I had plenty of Centennial hops and the ABV is about the same at 7%. It's not exactly the same but still very good, has the pine and grapefruit but the malt character is different and the yeast attenuated it a little more so it's not as sweet. I also accidentally left it too long at high CO2 so it's a bit on the foamy side, just shy of overcarbed but not quite. I'm not unhappy at all!20221029_145625.jpg

jklett

I brewed a double IPA a few days ago and it was time to take a gravity reading and dry hop. I always taste the sample but this time I drank the whole vial. This one is shaping up to be my best so far. I'll let you all know for sure in about a week but so far wow!

jklett

The melanoidin darkened it a little(I mixed up and put in 8oz instead of the 4 I planned on but it still is only like 2.5% of the grain bill) and it could use a few more days to carb and settle(12 oz dry hop so the first few pulls are a little greenish) but wow. Complex hop flavors hit every part of my palate and just the right amount of bitterness to carry the maltyness from the huge(for me) amount of grains. This one will go in my brew again notes for sure.20230107_191017.jpg

Top Bottom