Homebrewers

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I am in for a sack for sure. Any chance you can keep them living on the vine until late sep/early oct? I would prefer to not freeze them but am out of town until late Sep.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I am in for a sack for sure. Any chance you can keep them living on the vine until late sep/early oct? I would prefer to not freeze them but am out of town until late Sep.
I'll tell you what, I think I got enough to bag some up for you, and leave some on the bine and see if they last.
Let me know if you'll have representative at Allaire 9/17, and I'll pass along the first batch.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So I read about a fellow Monkish nerd harvesting yeast from their hazy IPAs for his home brewing- @jklett if that’s a style on your to-do list, I’ll see about doing the same. Lmk.

jklett

So I read about a fellow Monkish nerd harvesting yeast from their hazy IPAs for his home brewing- @jklett if that’s a style on your to-do list, I’ll see about doing the same. Lmk.
Absolutely on my list, I will be trying that at some point when I'm more proficient with my other processes.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Absolutely on my list, I will be trying that at some point when I'm more proficient with my other processes.
Right on, let me look into what’s involved, and I’ll try and set it up.
There’s a lot in each can, shouldn’t be too difficult.

BPaze

Right on, let me look into what’s involved, and I’ll try and set it up.
There’s a lot in each can, shouldn’t be too difficult.
I have not done it but have read about it a few times. Here is an article. Also once your brewing often and really like what your making it is important to cultivate and reuse your own yeast instead of buying. It will allow a more consistent and repeatable brew. Also can save $5-8+ a batch.

jmanic

Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I dub thee "lawn jawn". Still needs a little more time on CO2 to develop a head and clear up a little more but definitely tasty. This is one of those easy drinkers with a little bit of a malty punch. Gonna be perfect on a hot humid day.View attachment 155504
Don’t forget Irish moss if you want the clear clear.

Edit: and would drink while I watched you mow your lawn 10/10.

jklett

Don’t forget Irish moss if you want the clear clear.

Edit: and would drink while I watched you mow your lawn 10/10.
I did whirlfloc in the boil and gelatin fined it last night. I found out after the fact that K97 doesn't drop out well hence the gelatin. It should go crystal in another day or two, already a ton clearer than it was. If not, it doesn't matter 'cause it tastes good!

BPaze

I did whirlfloc in the boil and gelatin fined it last night. I found out after the fact that K97 doesn't drop out well hence the gelatin. It should go crystal in another day or two, already a ton clearer than it was. If not, it doesn't matter 'cause it tastes good!
I personally think clarity is overrated if it's good who cares I'm not trying to impress anyone and more for me lol

jklett

I personally think clarity is overrated if it's good who cares I'm not trying to impress anyone and more for me lol
While I generally agree, if a style of beer is supposed to be clear I figure it's worth a few extra minutes of my time to try and get there. It’s not like I'm not going to drink it if it's cloudy.

BTW, I just pulled a pint and the gelatin worked. Still needs more time on CO2 for head development but carb level tastes about right.

Top Bottom