Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Dirt is tacky, little-to-no standing water.

Two (2) trees are still down on the backside of Laurel Ridge since a couple of weeks ago. Neither is "passable" without a dismount.

Dirt is tacky, little-to-no standing water.

Two (2) trees are still down on the backside of Laurel Ridge since a couple of weeks ago. Neither is "passable" without a dismount.
Trees are still down. I did notice Huber had a more recent tree fall and it was already cut up. Hopefully the trees in Harts get taken care of soon.

3.8/4 Sunday.

Amazing trail build on Grand Tour north of Cuesta Ridge. Thanks, all.

PXL_20211212_155057964.MP-01.jpeg

Amazing conditions yesterday. Someone (riding, two unleashed dogs running behind) complained to my friend that climbing up to the water tower was "ruining the trail". :rolleyes:

Met @rottin' in the claypit lot. How we have never met before given how many times I've ridden past his neighborhood is one of life's little mysteries.

Trees down on grand tour a little ways from where it meets back with upper grand tour. Thickest diameter is about a foot.
C89AC059-D7AD-4BBE-9E1C-EFE8DAC65D81.jpeg

Also big thanks for all the work done by the water tower.

Getting greasy in spots. I was there today on Rocky Point pruning back trails, the ground is starting to thaw. Looks like above freezing Temps tomorrow as well, looks like it will be good Saturday when it gets cold again.
Thank you!

I rode Huber this morning. It was frozen. There a few spots that will be mud if there’s a thaw. It looks like people have been riding it regardless though. I tested my new folding saw on a downed tree on Many log run. Amazon special it worked great.

Attachments

• 12175EA2-D5DE-48D3-B67E-F6548CDB53C3.jpeg
    12175EA2-D5DE-48D3-B67E-F6548CDB53C3.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 169F6905-9B91-4DC0-9E38-63A8F049ABC2.jpeg
    169F6905-9B91-4DC0-9E38-63A8F049ABC2.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 90
I rode Huber this morning. It was frozen. There a few spots that will be mud if there’s a thaw. It looks like people have been riding it regardless though. I tested my new folding saw on a downed tree on Many log run. Amazon special it worked great.
Corona brand has been around a long time. Not surprised it did the job...have some of their tools as well.

Amazing conditions yesterday. Someone (riding, two unleashed dogs running behind) complained to my friend that climbing up to the water tower was "ruining the trail". :rolleyes:

Met @rottin' in the claypit lot. How we have never met before given how many times I've ridden past his neighborhood is one of life's little mysteries.

Just seeing this now. SMH - if I'm reading this correctly the guy actually said you guys pedaling up GT to the water tower is ruining the trail? These complainers need to get to a TM and get a clue on how trail design works. We spent more time planning for 2 directional traffic on that trail than dig time. If anything the slower climb speeds will help firm up/pack/groove many of the sections.

And I've only seen Rottin at TM's and running errands around Red Bank lol

Iggy and I (and some others) were at Hartshorne yesterday doing some pruning. It wasn't laying out buff sniggle but it is an important process to having good sustainable and riding trails. If we can get a jump on it this winter (especially in that Rocky Point) area it should make the summer riding more enjoyable and better for the trails to dry out this spring.

Conditions wise it was greasy in spots yesterday. That will all change once this storm hits and then some warm temps next week :oops:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions