Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

Rode today. Conditions were perfect
I dont believe you.
20220128_110210.jpg

I read on Strava that its the Worst of both. Icy in the Shade and Muddy in the Sun

I read on Strava that its the Worst of both. Icy in the Shade and Muddy in the Sun
Yup. True. Was there at 4PM. Wouldn’t touch the place until Wednesday at the earliest and more likely Thursday. Grease mud in the sunshine and compacted snow and ice in the shade.

1644187528634.jpeg

Last edited:
I was there this morning at 7:30 and did all of Hartshorne and Huber. Everything was frozen and awesome with just a couple of tiny icy spots on the Grand Tour Trail heading down to the cabin and again towards the monmouth hills. Everything else was awesome. I am sure as it thaws, it will be pretty crappy throughout.

I was there this morning at 7:30 and did all of Hartshorne and Huber. Everything was frozen and awesome with just a couple of tiny icy spots on the Grand Tour Trail heading down to the cabin and again towards the monmouth hills. Everything else was awesome. I am sure as it thaws, it will be pretty crappy throughout.
Figured as much if in and out early- thanks. Wasn't sure if it was worth the 1hr drive but sounds like it would've been since Allaire was pretty much the same Sat morning.

Freeze thaw is in full effect. Cold nights, sunny days above freezing = greasy trails.

Ride early and avoid trails when it gets above freezing.

Rocky point and the water tower flow line are getting rutted up from people riding in poor conditions.

Huber tends to be better, it's more shaded, less southern exposure.

20220209_114122.jpg

Freeze thaw is in full effect. Cold nights, sunny days above freezing = greasy trails.

Ride early and avoid trails when it gets above freezing.

Rocky point and the water tower flow line are getting rutted up from people riding in poor conditions.

Huber tends to be better, it's more shaded, less southern exposure.

View attachment 178360
Just did a gravel ride, cut through Cuesta Ridge, western half is peanut butter. Hartshorne is going to be a mess this weekend.

Dawn patrol tomorrow, 10ish miles, OOS pace. Prolly climb up into Huber from the Locust Point Rd. “lot” then hit Harts for a quick loop after that. Can’t dawdle, gotta work regular time.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions