Hardtail or full sus.

My point was that Walter already has a 29er hardtail. Buying a 26" geared hardtail has too much overlap with the Mary. It won't open much if any new terrain to him. I totally agree with ChrisG that an FS rig will help him become a more aggressive rider.

I think that a hardtail will make you a better rider you can get lazy when it comes to tech. when you have a f/s you need to be on the ball with a h/t no room for error when you hang up you rear wheel on that log when you bunnyhop with a h/t with a f/s will take up the hit. just my thought. but to each is own.

seperated at birth?

ww_pulstar_front_gy.jpg

en-silv-front-close-600.jpg

thanks everyone for all the ideas/advice, I know its going to have to come down to myself making the desicion on what I'm going to benefit most from, also, I am trying to factor in a roadie or a cross bike as well, so money becomes an issue, not that I mind spending it, just the fact that I dont want to get punched in the face by my wife.

You guys brought up great points on both sides of the spectrum, and I have been asking some of you on the side opinions on different bikes and terrain, and the help and thoughts have been great, thanks.

hey walt i was just thinking. If your wife would get mad at you for spending all that money, you can by me one and say it was a charitable donation. She cant get mad then right? :D :D :D

hey walt i was just thinking. If your wife would get mad at you for spending all that money, you can by me one and say it was a charitable donation. She cant get mad then right? :D :D :D

Fred, that may be a good idea, when I borrowed the Rush from J, I almost had to have her call him to prove to her that I didnt buy it

Fred, that may be a good idea, when I borrowed the Rush from J, I almost had to have her call him to prove to her that I didnt buy it

Not a week goes by in the summer without someone asking me for a second receipt of a lesser value to show their spouse.

Not a week goes by in the summer without someone asking me for a second receipt of a lesser value to show their spouse.

And we wonder why the divorce rate in this country is over 50% these days!

And we wonder why the divorce rate in this country is over 50% these days!

the good thing is she knows that the next bikes are on the way, I just dont know if I want to bring her along or just come home with the bikes on the back of my car

Honestly I don't think price should be an issue. Well, this assumes that you still pay your mortgage that month. I think the argument that it's better to buy something solid for a little extra $$ than to buy something that's going to crap out for 75% of the same price.

Made my decision

I've been doing alot of thinking about this, and today I made up my mind. In my head, I had already bought the rush 3, but for some reason, I just wasnt really looking forward to it. I have also been thinking that for the money I am going to drop on a f/s bike that isnt going to be my primary ride, I can supplement other aspects of my riding.

After a lot of thought on my own and some insight from you all, I spent some time with J at Halters today and decided on a 29er ht and a roadie. Within a few short minutes of being there, I was in knickers, shoes, helmet and jacket and we were out the door for my first road ride in about 15 years, it was fun. My first time wearing spandex and really good shoes, I didnt understand the pink tank top, but J said it was mandatory, so I went with it.

I havent officially purchased anything yet as I am still working out what road bike I want, but I am confident in saying that this year the easter bunny is going to be carrying a big ass basket to my house.

Thanks again to you all for the insight and help, just keep an eye out on the road for the hairy legged, tattooed and pierced guy, dressed like a hobo.

99% sold on the F29, the geared mary has a remote chance, but I dont think its gonna happen. I rode a Caad 9 optimo 1, only because it was what he had handy in my size, but I'm looking more towards a Caad 8 optimo 1, or a Synapse 1 aluminum. I saw your future ride there, pretty sweet.

Thanks Shaggz, and what made the day that much better is that when I got home, Nicole was actually excited to hear what I had decided on. Cant wait, just a couple more weeks.

Walter, awesome! Maybe we'll get some road rides in this year too. Sweet. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom