Hardtail or full sus.

walter

Fourth Party
Walter, awesome! Maybe we'll get some road rides in this year too. Sweet. Congrats!

Thanks norm, I'm pretty damn excited and as soon as I decide on the roadie Im gonna pull the trigger. Like I said, my first road bike as an adult so it should be interesting at first, even today on on the quick ride I took with J next to me, it felt weird, well different than what Im used too.

J-Dro

So you let us slug it out between full sus vs. hardtail and then bought a road bike instead? Bastard!:D

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
So you let us slug it out between full sus vs. hardtail and then bought a road bike instead? Bastard!:D

I am sure that is some jealousy I detect.

Walt looked stunning in the pink Halter top I had him wear.

You can be next if you like.

j;)

J-Dro

I am sure that is some jealousy I detect.

Walt looked stunning in the pink Halter top I had him wear.

You can be next if you like.

j;)

The xxix is only a couple months old so the thrill of pink spandex is going to have to wait a while in my house. But you might see me tooling around the backraods of Hillsborough with slicks on my MTB over the next couple of weeks.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Sounds good!

just keep an eye out on the road for the hairy legged, tattooed and pierced guy, dressed like a hobo.
This could be any number of people I already consort with, so you'll fit right in.

Glad to hear you decided on your next fun-machines. You're opening up a whole new world with the road bike. That thing will feel like a rocket under you.

walter

Fourth Party
This could be any number of people I already consort with, so you'll fit right in.

Glad to hear you decided on your next fun-machines. You're opening up a whole new world with the road bike. That thing will feel like a rocket under you.

Thanks Chris, I know what you mean, I was impressed with how responsive and agile the roadie was, a real different feeling after pedaling the 29er ss around for the past 7 months. The whole gear thing was interesting too, thank goodness J was there to remind me what lever went in what direction

jdog

Shop Keep

Good stuff today.

Walt got to see how a little tweak of body postion can really mak a big change in pedaling power.

Road bikes are fun too. Don't knock em' till you try em.

j

walter

Fourth Party
Good stuff today.

Walt got to see how a little tweak of body postion can really mak a big change in pedaling power.

Road bikes are fun too. Don't knock em' till you try em.

j

It was the knickers, all the way, and my huge legs

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
just keep an eye out on the road for the hairy legged, tattooed and pierced guy, dressed like a hobo.

um, why would you be following me?

btw, great decision walt. i'm currently drooling over a few road rockets, none of which are in the budget until next season especially since i already played my 'i need a new bike' card this year.

walter

Fourth Party
um, why would you be following me?

Glad to see I will be amongst some non-traditionalist roadies, however I'm sure in due time I'll clean up

Jake, were you hinting at putting gears on sweet mary earlier in this thread?

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Glad to see I will be amongst some non-traditionalist roadies, however I'm sure in due time I'll clean up

I started out the hobo route too. Once you get over the whole "I look and/or feel gay" thing, lycra is a no-brainer.

Also, I applaud you for filling out the edit field.

jdog

Shop Keep
I started out the hobo route too. Once you get over the whole "I look and/or feel gay" thing, lycra is a no-brainer.

Also, I applaud you for filling out the edit field.

If you go out on a group road ride and you wear your Mt bike kit you will soon feel out of place in a hurry.

Road gear is all about function.

I do own a set or 2 of baggies but i almost never wear them on the mt bike. Especially if it is hot.

Wait till you jump in bed with you wife with legs smoother than hers..

j:)

ArmyOfNone

i will never shave my legs! I have been told to just man up and do it because is the cool cyclist thing to do. NEVER!

But I also swore i would never be seen in Lycra on a bike.

jdog

Shop Keep
i will never shave my legs! I have been told to just man up and do it because is the cool cyclist thing to do. NEVER!

But I also swore i would never be seen in Lycra on a bike.

You also said that you would never find love outside your species..

What happened to that rule??

:D j

Top Bottom