Hardtail or full sus.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm not going to answer the wife question because I think you should have to be surprised at what you get. She might notice you're not me. But if you pay the bills she'll get used to you in due time. She does cook well, isn't obese, and allows me to ride my bike 5-6 times a week so what more can you ask for at our age?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just on weekdays. But that's because I have to go to work in Brooklyn. I was off today and rode from 2-4.

ArmyOfNone

Soooooooooooooo

Walt, How did you make out today? I didnt get up till around 2ish. I was hoping to see you in pink maybe.

walter

Fourth Party
Walt, How did you make out today? I didnt get up till around 2ish. I was hoping to see you in pink maybe.

Successful ride on the synapse, so thats the one its going to be for me. I felt much more comfortable on it compared to the caad 9 I rode last week, not only fit wise, but with the slightly more relaxed position, I didnt seem as nervous and jerky. I just have to decide if I want the compact crank or the triple, then I have to make up my mind as to what upgrades I want to make to the F29 before I give the go ahead.

Luckily J didnt force me into the funny outfit again, though he does enjoy making fun of my own wardrobe every time I stop in. New bikes soon, cant wait!!!

ArmyOfNone

sweet...congrats on coming to a decision.

Where the differences in the two really that obvious? I need to play around with them one day to see what its all about.

walter

Fourth Party
sweet...congrats on coming to a decision.

Where the differences in the two really that obvious? I need to play around with them one day to see what its all about.

Fred, to me the difference was noticable the second I sat on the bike on the trainer. J made a few adjustments with lenghth,rise, and width of the bars, found the sweet spot for the seat height and it was perfect. Like I said, even on the trainer I could tell it fit me better than the caad 9 geo.

When I went outside for a ride I was a ton more confident. The caad 9 felt really twitchy to me, but with the synapse I got right into a groove, got up out of the saddle and hammered away, very nice. Cant wait to go shopping.

ArmyOfNone

Fred, to me the difference was noticable the second I sat on the bike on the trainer. J made a few adjustments with lenghth,rise, and width of the bars, found the sweet spot for the seat height and it was perfect. Like I said, even on the trainer I could tell it fit me better than the caad 9 geo.

When I went outside for a ride I was a ton more confident. The caad 9 felt really twitchy to me, but with the synapse I got right into a groove, got up out of the saddle and hammered away, very nice. Cant wait to go shopping.

I dig the snappy responsiveness of the caad. However i dont have anything to compare it to.

Shaggz

A strong 7
the recumbent style and handbrake steering on the green machine put it head and shoulders above the big wheel.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
the recumbent style and handbrake steering on the green machine put it head and shoulders above the big wheel.
Zero radius turns, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

We had serious Big Wheel races in the cul-de-sac around the corner from my house when I was a kid. Big Wheels usually died through flat-spotting the front wheel with pedal-lock skids.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Zero radius turns, right? Or am I thinking of something else?

We had serious Big Wheel races in the cul-de-sac around the corner from my house when I was a kid. Big Wheels usually died through flat-spotting the front wheel with pedal-lock skids.

same one, Chris.

my cousins husband shot a "trailer" for an unmade movie when he was in film school, called "blazing big wheels of fire". the premise was an epic land race ("speedracer' style) of guys & gals on big wheels, and all of the related emotional and mental drama.

his dad is an engineer, and they bought a bunch of big wheels, chopped 'em, beefed up the axles and pedals, pimped them out to fit the spirit of the characters, and filmed the sequences on the back roads of sonoma county - absolutely fantastic.

J-Dro

same one, Chris.

my cousins husband shot a "trailer" for an unmade movie when he was in film school, called "blazing big wheels of fire". the premise was an epic land race ("speedracer' style) of guys & gals on big wheels, and all of the related emotional and mental drama.

his dad is an engineer, and they bought a bunch of big wheels, chopped 'em, beefed up the axles and pedals, pimped them out to fit the spirit of the characters, and filmed the sequences on the back roads of sonoma county - absolutely fantastic.

Now that should be on YouTube!

Shaggz

A strong 7
I know - I am trying to convince him to put it up:

BBWF.jpg

Top Bottom