Government considers disabling cellphones in cars

jdgang

<sarcasm>dont get me started on teachers my mom dad and sister are all teachers and everyday they sit back(while drinking crystal) and laugh at all of us private sector people. Toasting each other on how little work they do and how much they are going to collect in pension when its all said and done!!!!</sarcasm>

al415

Banned
As funny as I think this thread is, if I just wandered onto this website today and read it I'd never come back.

JerseyPete

As funny as I think this thread is, if I just wandered onto this website today and read it I'd never come back.

I see enough of this type of shit on the motorcycle forums. I didn't expect to see it here. The reason I ride a mtn bike is to get away from pavement and all that is associated with it.

Panhead

So like Rock lumping all LE together because of the run-ins he had you would lump the whole site in on one thread?

So Rock, at 30 you have 250K, how long did it take to gather that amount of coin? Multiply that by tha amount of future years.
Is that a 401, annuity, pension?
Who pays into it?

rockscaler

So like Rock lumping all LE together because of the run-ins he had you would lump the whole site in on one thread?

So Rock, at 30 you have 250K, how long did it take to gather that amount of coin? Multiply that by tha amount of future years.
Is that a 401, annuity, pension?
Who pays into it?

annuity, pension and what I put into my roth ira

annuity is directly related to hours worked while I have to a min. of hours for a pension credit.

My own finances are not my worry(I try to live a "lifezero" lifestyle to a degree)

That money from taxes go to the undeserving rather than being put to a purpose that might give a positive effect.
I know the argument with context but how could any one justify the grand theft which is this one persons retirement pay when people who in the same field of work in the same state are being laid off and taking pay cuts while they were only being paid 10-15% in the first place.

rockscaler

I feel sorry for someone who walks around all day worrying what others think of him and afraid to take a stand for what is right and keeps their head in the sand so they dont have to know the ugly truth of how bad things are

Panhead

annuity, pension and what I put into my roth ira

annuity is directly related to hours worked while I have to a min. of hours for a pension credit.

My own finances are not my worry(I try to live a "lifezero" lifestyle to a degree)

That money from taxes go to the undeserving rather than being put to a purpose that might give a positive effect.
I know the argument with context but how could any one justify the grand theft which is this one persons retirement pay when people who in the same field of work in the same state are being laid off and taking pay cuts while they were only being paid 10-15% in the first place.

OK, welcome to the slippery slope..

From the sounds of it you are Union Building Trades. Can you relate what that one individual PO is getting to the current state of the BT? At 30% higher (on average) than non union, how can you justify your total package over what is the current going rate for a majority of the work?

If you want you can take it PM.

herbn

cellphones in cars are here to stay

driving cars however will get dumbed down. Check out the new merc's or bimmers,that stop for you,it won't be long before cars can't even run into each other anymore.

Panhead

I see enough of this type of shit on the motorcycle forums. I didn't expect to see it here. The reason I ride a mtn bike is to get away from pavement and all that is associated with it.

I don't know. Not even 24 hours since the first post, 69 replies and almost 1100 views. This is the train wreck everybody is tuning into:popcorn:..

And we haven't even started on the lawyers yet.

rockscaler

For starters I am drug tested all the time(7 times this year for me so far) , we have a 4 year training program, non-union jobs are notorious for OSHA violations from massive safety issues(think tower cranes collapsing in NYC and thank the scabs) to things like not providing a john or clean water

Last edited:

Deezul

driving cars however will get dumbed down. Check out the new merc's or bimmers,that stop for you,it won't be long before cars can't even run into each other anymore.

I have heard that it doesn't actually brake for you, but rather pre-charges the brakes and gives a warning if its radar system detects there may be a collision.

It seems like a good feature to have, I don't think it is nearly the level of GUBBERMENT TAKIN AWAY MAH FREDUMZ!

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Will never happen because 1st time there is an accident, car company will get sued and then we can blame the lawyers.

MST.ESQ

I have heard that it doesn't actually brake for you, but rather pre-charges the brakes and gives a warning if its radar system detects there may be a collision.

It seems like a good feature to have, I don't think it is nearly the level of GUBBERMENT TAKIN AWAY MAH FREDUMZ!

Merc has one that comes to a complete stop. Pretty cool TopGear segment about it.

Panhead

For starters I am drug tested all the time(7 times this year for me so far) , we have a 4 year training program, non-union jobs are notorious for OSHA violations from massively safety issue to things like not providing a john or clean water

Still doesn't justify the 30% cost.

Don't throw stones if you don't know where they will land.

rockscaler

30% for added value and safety and we generally get the job done faster as long as we arent being held up by upper management or some political crap vs. a 90% difference for no added value is hardly a comparison

MST.ESQ

Will never happen because 1st time there is an accident, car company will get sued and then we can blame the lawyers.

Thanks Jimmy - you get the win.

In a further attempt to keep this potentially informative thread on topic - many vehicles in Europe are limited to 150mph by the on-board GPS system. You can only reach higher speeds if you are driving in certain areas such as racing tracks and airport runways. I would not be surprised if many of the manufacturers are already developing a system dealing with cell phone use in vehicles. Think of it this way, the less accidents that occur, the less likely they will be involved in wrongful death lawsuits. Car makers have incentives to make cars safer but are always afraid of making the issue worse.

Also, I just read an article about a kid who is developing a system that sends a beeping sound through a driver's radio when a bike is near. http://www.bikerumor.com/2010/11/28...r-to-alert-drivers-as-they-approach-cyclists/

rockscaler

with the union everyone is a citizen who is paying taxes, with the scabs you dont know if the whole crew just jumped the fence last month and is sending every extra dollar back to their home country

Top Bottom