Going through riding/racing withdrawl...

xc62701

This weather we're having is so annoying! I just had to vent. I'm trying to ramp up my hours and get some decent training in and it's forcing me to have to use that stoopid trainer. I hate that thing! It's time to move to a nicer climate. I need to get in shape to race! That's brings me to another point, I miss the race scene. These races need to get here quicker!!! Ok I'm getting off the soapbox now...

Glancing Aft

I must say I can't agree more. I've been so depressed this past week or so. If I can't bike or ski what's there left to do? Looks like another miserable night in the gym for me.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Wonder Twins, it's freaking 55 degrees out. Go ride your road bike.

Form of, a big whining elephant!

Form of, the world's smallest ice violin.

So where's your monkey?

Wazu

If you ride your road bike I hope you have good rain tires. I dispise the rain. I find rock climbing is an awsome way to build up your core and your outer extremities too. Ice skating is a great too if you turn it into a workout. Burns so good! Can't deny winter sucks though. Can't.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Seriously, stop being a weather wimp and get out there. If you are concerned with traction on the road bike, hit the road on the mtb if it is bothering you that much.:getsome:

NJ Jess

I love the off season

I get so much house work done,...which I totally neglect with racing, riding, clinics, and TM every spring through fall weekend. Go read a book Ryan,....work on your mental skills,...Flow.

BiknBen

Earlier today, I received an email announcing that registration was opening for a race. It was the first email of that type this year. My initial reaction was NOT "Sweet!!!" It was much more like, "Already???"

The off-season is a great time to chill while on the bike. Soon enough each weekend on the calendar will be filled with stuff that is out of your control. I like this time of year when I can wake up and just get on the bike and do/go whatever thrills me that day.

Personally, I enjoy Fall most. Great fitness combined with more moderate weather and free weekends. Nice!

xc62701

Hey Wonder Twins, it's freaking 55 degrees out. Go ride your road bike.

Form of, a big whining elephant!

Form of, the world's smallest ice violin.

So where's your monkey?

Don't start briging out the whining BS. I'm the first one out there in adverse conditions. My schedule is making it hard to get out in daylight and the roads in Jersey are bad enough where I need to ride nevermind at night. If things freeze up a bit I"ll be in the trails in a heartbeat but I will not do trail damage. For the meantime I'm going to have to suffer on the trainer... I know...blah blah blah...

xc62701

I get so much house work done,...which I totally neglect with racing, riding, clinics, and TM every spring through fall weekend. Go read a book Ryan,....work on your mental skills,...Flow.

Books? What are they? They aren't gonna help me climb a hill harder ;)

xc62701

Earlier today, I received an email announcing that registration was opening for a race. It was the first email of that type this year. My initial reaction was NOT "Sweet!!!" It was much more like, "Already???"

The off-season is a great time to chill while on the bike. Soon enough each weekend on the calendar will be filled with stuff that is out of your control. I like this time of year when I can wake up and just get on the bike and do/go whatever thrills me that day.

Personally, I enjoy Fall most. Great fitness combined with more moderate weather and free weekends. Nice!

Yea the off season was nice but that was December for me. I've got 26 weeks of races coming up starting April 19th and I"m jonesin bad... I don't know what it is but I just wanna torture myself again :D

Wazu

Ry tomorrow at 3 I'll be at the Randolph Climbing Gym. Don't neglect your core and your upper body. It DEFINATELY helps with biking man. Hope to see you there! Ger

xc62701

Ry tomorrow at 3 I'll be at the Randolph Climbing Gym. Don't neglect your core and your upper body. It DEFINATELY helps with biking man. Hope to see you there! Ger

I've been climbing so I'm working on the core/upperbody. I've been at NJRG a day or two a week. No good for me tomorrow. I've got meetings and stuff to get done after work so I probably won't get out til 5 tomorrow. Maybe another day...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i'm gonna have to agree that you're being a little nickdavid:)D) here on the riding on the road issue. my entire morning commute is in the dark, and any miles on top of my afternoon commute are as well. get a little blinky light and a safety vest, an led for the handlebar and you're set. there are plenty of good roads for cycling around. i use big tires by road standards. 32+. throw some 1.5" bontrager skinnies on your mtn bike and get out there.

Last edited:

xc62701

Fine I'll just take off my wuss pants and go ride at night now. :p Actually I was checking the weather and Thursday and Friday are shaping up nicely...wohoo!!:D

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
You can't change the weather. So, this weekend sounds like a good time to go out to Ray's.

Mr pixy and I sometimes send the boss out for a long lunch and pull out the pallets and skinnies in the warehouse at work, for some playtime.:) We will still need to get on the trainer or rollers at some point, but a little fun goes a long way.

NJ Jess

Yes, word

Word. Cut a rap album.

To Norm,...yes word. The word and title is "Flow" by mihaly csikszentmihalyi

Books? What are they? They aren't gonna help me climb a hill harder

To Ryan,...yes,...it will help you climb hills faster and with a smile

Top Bottom