Going through riding/racing withdrawl...

off season sucks + Cross training sucks:mad:

I pulled my Achilees heel running Suicides..... Winter blows

I'm not going to give you another "Just go out and ride your bike bitch" comment, you've got a few of those already I see...A suggestion to get your race on a little earlier, the road season starts in just a few weeks...Or, come down and ride with us, it may not be racing, but it is close to race pace...

-Jim.

I'm not going to give you another "Just go out and ride your bike bitch" comment, you've got a few of those already I see...A suggestion to get your race on a little earlier, the road season starts in just a few weeks...Or, come down and ride with us, it may not be racing, but it is close to race pace...

-Jim.

Yea I've been debating about jumping into some of the road races. I think they'd benefit me. But what I really need more is just a lot of time on the bike. I'd like to get some 5-6 hour days in on the mtb. My first couple 100 milers are coming up quickly and I want to be ready. I'll ride with whomever. Where do you ride Jim? I'm actually seeing if my schedule allows me to sneak out tomorrow and friday after work to get on the road bike for a couple of hours each day. Hopefully it will.

Ry - long, hilly road rides have always been helpful for me in the winter. I've been trying to get one 50+ miler a week. Weather is looking good for the rest of this week. The days are starting to get a little longer. I may do half day Friday as well.

Good new is: I think we are over the hump, and a little break or change of pace in the middle isn't a bad thing. ...and then the real frustration comes in spring, when it finally is warm, and in our minds it should be spring, but trails need 1-3 weeks to fully thaw.:(:mad2::mad2::mad2: Not a bad time to try road racing, I guess??

This weather we're having is so annoying! I just had to vent. I'm trying to ramp up my hours and get some decent training in and it's forcing me to have to use that stoopid trainer. I hate that thing! It's time to move to a nicer climate. I need to get in shape to race! That's brings me to another point, I miss the race scene. These races need to get here quicker!!! Ok I'm getting off the soapbox now...
Easy keep things in perspective. It's the first full week of Feb, and we've been rather lucky (for biking) so far for the winter of '07/'08. Sometime in the near future you'll be wishing for the cold days of Feb. Most likely around mile 76 at the W101 when it's 98 degress and 86% humidity. Remember grasshopper "it's the journey and not the destination"
Ryan thanks for the heads up on the Leadville list, I was wondering if I made the cut this year. It will be the 5th year for me.

Back
Top Bottom