Getting to Know You...Question #13...

My Niece is autistic, Aspherger's syndrome to be exact. It's the most screwed up thing in the world. When she was like 5 she was the most capable smartest little kid on the face of the planet. She was reading entire novels when kids were reading highlights magazines. She's a walking encylopedia on everything zoology. But thats the autism, she has this INSANE ability to memorise and learn certain things. Her thing is anything animals. But it comes at a price. She has zero concept of behaviour and is deathly deathly afraid of spontaneous or loud noises. Even at 12 years old we can't take her to most places in the fear someone might have a balloon. It's a shame because if you met her you would just thing she's a terribly behaved child. But really she has the mental capacity of a grown genius, but the social capacity of a 4 year old.
It doesn't help that her mother is a space cadet either.
393022786_jzpoh-L.jpg

I wouldn't call my sister insane...a bit of a challenge, most definitely.

See why did you have to go and kill the good buzz that we had in here? Everyone's describing their F'd up relatives and you go and tell a touching story about a truly, handicapped person that you care for. Way to go man. Party's Over....Everybody Out!!! :D

Let me say it again...I LOVE THIS POST.

I think it's time for a big group hug.

Ok, feeding off of MIG's post. I'll add a little to that.

I LOVE both of my brothers to death. They're just COMPLETELY different people. Oil and water. I get along with both of them, on different levels.

MIG, he's just one of the best friends I've ever had. The best little bro anyone could ever want. He's 8 years younger, so I really helped to raise him, and we have TONS of stuff in common, such as music, MTB, sense of humor, personality type, we just always have a good time together. Also, neither of us is ever wrong. EVER. Which can lead to some real trouble.
We can fight, big time. Like, all out "if I can get close enough you will bleed" type fights. We do that about once every couple of years.

Our brother is different. We've always called him the "golden boy". Which means, basically, that he was the one that never got caught doing anything wrong. I can relate to him on the "grownup" or "parent" level, meaning we're both married, with kids, homes, etc. So, we can talk about that stuff. BUT that's about it. LIke MIG said, he's a roadie. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with roadies, but he seems to think he's umm.....better.

OH, for the record, my brothers had a slap fest with some Hot Wheels tracks this past Thanksgiving. Yep, they're 29 and 34 years old. None of us has really grown up. And Hot Wheels tracks still make that same sound when contacting skin. ;)

ok. You people scare the crap out of me. I am starting to think I had a normal childhood. Can't believe I never pulled out the hot wheels track on my brother. I will have to borrow my son's track for when I see my brother on Christmas. It will be an ambush for the ages.

Fogerson and Luke: I hope you know the blessings that were bestowed on your families. Take care of those that need your love the most and I am sure it will come back to you when it counts. I can think of nothing more satisfying in life. All the best to you and your sister, niece, etc...

My sister and Neice live seriously 1/4 mile from me. My girlfriend always drives past their house and then has to call my sister.
The windows in your car are down and it's raining
You're front door is wide open and its the middle of the winter
haha

See why did you have to go and kill the good buzz that we had in here? Everyone's describing their F'd up relatives and you go and tell a touching story about a truly, handicapped person that you care for. Way to go man. Party's Over....Everybody Out!!! :D

If you want a story about f'd up relatives, we need to move onto my 40+ first cousin's on my mom's side of the family...

If you want a story about f'd up relatives, we need to move onto my 40+ first cousin's on my mom's side of the family...

Go for it. We're going to need a lot of material today with the snow and people antsy to get out of work and go home.

Some quick math. I have 2 brothers. I have 9 nieces and nephews. I have 3 ex-sister-in-laws with a fourth on the way. Only one of my brothers has kids. Only one of my brothers likes girls. How many Springer shows can we make? Ok go:rofl:

-Jim.

I have a good one about my real sister......

When I was about 9ish and she was 7 she used to love to bite people. Like is she was fighting with someone, she might bite their arm. Used to make my mother go insane when she would do it. So one day were were beating the crap out of each other as usual, all the while my mother was in the kitchen on the phone. My sister decided to up the stakes and smashed me in the head with one of her roller skates. So rather than hit her with a lamp or somthing, I had a stroke of genius!!! I bit my own arm! Enough to make it bleed. I then proceeded to run in and tell my mom (who was still on the phone) that my sister bit me. She instantly told the person on the line "I HAVE TO GO!!!" She then ran down the hall and whipped my sisters ass! :rofl: Ahh what justice.

Tim and Luke!! I don't know if I should yell at them or laugh uncontrollably!!!

Back
Top Bottom