Getting to Know You...Question #13...

Ok......when I was 14, my father married a mormon women with TWELVE KIDS. 8 boys, 4 girls. Now my dad lived to ski, restore cars, shoot guns, ride motorcycles, snowmobiles.....pretty much anything fun you can think of. We did everything together all the time. We moved to park city for one reason.....to not have to take an airplane to the ski hill anymore. (that and real estate was um FREE there in 1989). So to go from a life of just me and my dad, to a life of brady bunch X 2.....well I dont think I could put it into words. Probably best described as the game "grand theft auto" but inside of a house rather than all of LA. Everytime I see the show brady bunch I am overcome by the urge to put my foot through the TV.

I do also have one real sister who is about as much of a pain in my ass as 12 step brother/sisters.

This is a topic I can get into. Here is a list of my brothers craziness in no particular order:

1. Threw me out in the snow naked. Locked the door behind him
2. Threw M-80 firecrackers in our pool when I had friends over and we were all in the pool.
3. Had me lay down in the driveway and jumped me and my friends with his ATV
4. When I got my first bb gun he chased me around the yard shooting me with it
5. Had to have staples in his head from getting hit with a bat, and to save money, had me remove the staples in the garage with a pair of pliers.

This is not even half of his craziness.

It was an interesting childhood.:D

My sister is the typical blond hair blue eyed divorced Long Beach Island house mom. About a year ago she started doing the online dating thing and found some guy she really liked. Unfortunately for her, he was "working" in "England". He then "misplaced" his visa and passport and quickly turned to my sister for help. To make a long story short, my sister got conned by a con artist, then fell in love with him. Turns out his some nice young fellow from Nigeria.:rolleyes: She has been there twice in the last 6 months to visit and is currently trying to get his visa approved so he can come here.:whoopdedo

I also have a half brother who is in his early forties who I didn't find out about until this time three years ago. He was dying to meet me so I agreed, and have been sending him Christmas cards for the last two years with no reply. I guess there is a reason why my mother took his existence to the grave.

My sister is the typical blond hair blue eyed divorced Long Beach Island house mom. About a year ago she started doing the online dating thing and found some guy she really liked. Unfortunately for her, he was "working" in "England". He then "misplaced" his visa and passport and quickly turned to my sister for help. To make a long story short, my sister got conned by a con artist, then fell in love with him. Turns out his some nice young fellow from Nigeria.:rolleyes: She has been there twice in the last 6 months to visit and is currently trying to get his visa approved so he can come here.:whoopdedo

I also have a half brother who is in his early forties who I didn't find out about until this time three years ago. He was dying to meet me so I agreed, and have been sending him Christmas cards for the last two years with no reply. I guess there is a reason why my mother took his existence to the grave.

No shit...... Im speachless...

Dare I exploit? I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters. I will ease into this by sharing about my one sister who wins the prize - she is divorced 4 times already, has multiple children with different fathers, and her one-sided conversations go something like this:

"I need colonics because my colon is all backed up from the first divorce 27 years ago. I prayed with the children for 4 hours and asked for help cleaning the house and for my nail beds to change color. Halleluiah. I am down to a size 8. I met a really nice man on match.com. Amen. He was flying in from Africa last week to meet me, but when I waited at the airport, he never showed. I didn't know his name, so I couldn't even have him paged. He said he loves me, so I would stil like to meet him. Oh man, my skin is the best it's been since I was a teenager because I started drinking more beet juice mixed with mushrooms I found at Jockey Hollow. That mushroom is awesome! If you ever find anymore, send them to me in FL. I can test it for evil spirits before I eat it."

She's been Catholic, Christian, and I believe she is currently Jewish. FYI, I am not knocking anyone's religion...just sharing my sister's diversity with and dedication to religion.

You mean there's more of them out there?

It could be the same person. I know she was in Florida for a while, where my dad (presumably) lives. Yeah, I'm not entirely sure where my dad lives. She was also in Washington (as in routes 31 and 57 not the township down south).

My family is a bunch of divorced people. My grandfather who passed away this year was actually a step-step grandfather.

This thread will now begin Vitamin MTB Group Therapy sessions. Don't forget - group therapy @ Allaire this Saturday!! Woo hoo!!!

So you come from a stable family too?

It wasn't as bad as it sounds. My parents were separated very early, so my step-father was (and is) my real father. I'm indifferent on the whole biology thing so it really makes no difference to me.

I want to party with all of your sibs.

My brother is pretty cool, but I definately have my share of drama with cousins.

My younger sister was definitely off her rocker in her late teens. There was a period of like 2 years where she was the most insane person on earth. See I had gotten her this mint 89 Mustang GT, and between her horrible choice in boys, the car being stolen THREE times, totaled THREE times she had pretty much just lost her mind. She was also convinced that I was deliberately keeping the car from her and taking a long time to fix it. The last time she totaled it she crashed it twice in one day and I didn't even know what to do at that point. I couldn't get her away from the car, she loved it to death. I think she just loved beating the snot out of every boy's car in high school with it. I had modded it a bit here and there with my leftover parts :D 5.0 5spd 3.73 mustangs are damn quick cars. I gutted the cats and did the other easy 5.0 mustang mods too.
Well it got stolen AGAIN in totaled form (wtf) and when I got it back yet again, I sold it. I sold the car after ALL of that for more than I paid for it.
fast forward 7 or 8 years and her and I are the only members of our family with stability. Good jobs and mental stability. We are the middle children, she's really the only one I talk to. When my parents threw me out a few years ago she was hysterical. She knew it would be a long long time before anyone saw me again. It was a little over 2 years before I spoke a word to anyone in my family again.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call my sister insane...a bit of a challenge, most definitely.

My sister is learning disabled (LD). She was in Special Ed and still lives with my mom (my sister is 45). She'll probably live with me when my mom is gone.

We sometimes think she could make it on her own, but other times no. She sometimes focuses on things (TV, needle point, whatever) so much that it almost takes a bomb going off in the room to get her attention. She sometimes gets upset blabbering off about stuff that makes no sense. Mostly she is somewhat detached. Occasionally I think she has some form of autism, but back in our day, there was no such thing.

She has always been this way. Pammy age 45 is little different than Pammy age 15 or Pammy age 5. My sister is a constant of the universe.

There were many challenges growing up with her; ranging from her raging and babbling "going off", to defending her and her Spec Ed classmates at school, sometimes being embarrassed (I'm embarrassed to say), and her lack of, uh, filter.

But ya' know, it is all okay.

I've watched my parents love and care for her with all of the intensity and fervor they loved and cared for me...my sister was adopted by the way. In fact, in 1970 we were just finding out that Pammy had issues. My paternal grandmother, while visiting her in Missouri, bashed my father for "adopting a retarded girl". My father's response was basically "Go to hell, mother. She is as much your granddaughter as Tim is your grandson...if you don't feel that way, I'll never set foot in this state again!". All I remember is leaving for home sooner than I thought.

Well, my dad kept to his promise. He *never* went home again. Not for either of his parents or two brother's funerals. I think it had been 31 years since he'd gone home when he passed away.

I can't remember a time I didn't admire my folks for what they did, and my mom is still doing, for my sister.

Some of the best moments of my life were when I was a kid working with Pammy and her classmates prepping for the Special Olympics. These kids have more heart than you can imagine.

And though Pammy has her issues, I'm glad she is so close to my mom. She does help her out a lot...which is great 'cause I'm 3000 miles away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom