Fishing Thread

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I once caught a fish...

48851636-9EDF-43C7-AD12-FECDC5639D6D.jpeg

This big.

This was from my last trip out which was a few weeks ago (May). Went out on the “Sea Beast” with Captain Dustin Strehl out of Leonardo NJ. Had a great time. Highly recommend him.

We pulled in three stripers (kept two, this one was over the limit - probably over 40 pounds), 57 sea bass that were keepers (probably 75+ in total), 3 small sharks (threw back), and some ling (all I can say is yum). Plan on going out again for ling once I get through all the fish I have in the freezer.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I once caught a fish...

View attachment 159047

This big.

This was from my last trip out which was a few weeks ago (May). Went out on the “Sea Beast” with Captain Dustin Strehl out of Leonardo NJ. Had a great time. Highly recommend him.

We pulled in three stripers (kept two, this one was over the limit - probably over 40 pounds), 57 sea bass that were keepers (probably 75+ in total), 3 small sharks (threw back), and some ling (all I can say is yum). Plan on going out again for ling once I get through all the fish I have in the freezer.
That’s a good day!

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
That’s a good day!
Definitely! Dustin doesn’t come cheap, but he won’t think twice about burning fuel to get you to fish. And if you hit your limit on one fish, he will move to where there is something else to catch if you’re not done. A one pound bag of frozen sea bass at the grocery store is over $20 right now, so you get your money’s worth and then some.

qclabrat

Definitely! Dustin doesn’t come cheap, but he won’t think twice about burning fuel to get you to fish. And if you hit your limit on one fish, he will move to where there is something else to catch if you’re not done. A one pound bag of frozen sea bass at the grocery store is over $20 right now, so you get your money’s worth and then some.
I've noticed sea bass prices down at the fish monger over the past year, so not surprised you were able to catch your limit quickly. Now if we need to get the tautog population back up. I haven't caught a keeper for some years. Also completely agree with you about ling. I don't understand why more don't eat them. There's tons out there and are delicious. Maybe cause they look moray eelish...

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
my son caught a blue gill that finally killed his minion fishing pole....RIP
1628869310032.png

So we went and got him a new pole...while I was there I picked up a live target swim bait that was on sale.......worked.....of course I have caught bass in my lake on worms, rapalas and now this...so whatever.

1628869231265.png

w_b

We have not had a single Sea Robin all season in the Raritan Bay and nearshore Ocean. Would be a first if it continues.

Top Bottom