Fishing Thread

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Saw a guy out on Shepard lake the other day. Thought to myself, "It's too early and cold. Fish are still sleeping." I rarely get action this early in the season. Right?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I take the boys out to the lake for some evening fishing only to realize I forgot the drain plug to my jon boat. 😟 After some quick CubScout ingenuity involving a camelbak water bottle cap and potato chip bag, we make it out onto the water.

In the middle of the lake, on our way to our favorite fishing spot, one of the battery terminal wires comes undone. Now we're dead in the water and I can't get the stupid wire back into the end piece. After some cursing and wire trimming, we get moving.

2 hours later, we're getting skunked and my kids have eaten all the snacks, including my sandwich (my dinner) and theirs. At least the weather is beautiful and the boys aren’t bickering ...too much.
IMG_0951.jpeg

We get ready to head back to the launch. "One more cast dad!"
And...

IMG_0948.jpeg

:thumbsup:

JerseyPete

I take the boys out to the lake for some evening fishing only to realize I forgot the drain plug to my jon boat. 😟 After some quick CubScout ingenuity involving a camelbak water bottle cap and potato chip bag, we make it out onto the water.

In the middle of the lake, on our way to our favorite fishing spot, one of the battery terminal wires comes undone. Now we're dead in the water and I can't get the stupid wire back into the end piece. After some cursing and wire trimming, we get moving.

2 hours later, we're getting skunked and my kids have eaten all the snacks, including my sandwich (my dinner) and theirs. At least the weather is beautiful and the boys aren’t bickering ...too much.
View attachment 187367

We get ready to head back to the launch. "One more cast dad!"
And...

View attachment 187368

:thumbsup:
Always tie the plug to something on the boat. You'll never forget it and never lose it in the water.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Always tie the plug to something on the boat. You'll never forget it and never lose it in the water.
:Ugh::hugs:

Thanks. So freaking obvious. Duh on my part! 😁 The funny thing is that I keep a spare in my truck but had to use it for a project. I forgot to put it back. 🙄

Last edited:
Top Bottom