Fishing Thread

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Came back yesterday with a bunch of porgies and sea bass. Any suggestions on how to prepare for dinner?

Bread it and pan fry in loads of butter. Squeeze of lemon when done.

On the sea bass - there’s three little soft bones that usually make it into the filet. Easily pulled out with a tweezer before cooking.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Bread it and pan fry in loads of butter. Squeeze of lemon when done.

On the sea bass - there’s three little soft bones that usually make it into the filet. Easily pulled out with a tweezer before cooking.
Thanks, but long gone.

rick81721

Lothar
As chairman of our community's Ponds & Preserves committee, we have enlisted guys to net the tilapia out of our 68 ponds to improve the ecological health of the ponds. These fish are very dirty, foul the waters, plus they eat plants and algae that oxygenate the water. They started today - and they don't charge us because they sell them to turtle and alligator farms for animal feed (yes Pat these are trash fish!). They were using cast nets and pulling them out by buckets. Some big ones, too

20221115_122931.jpg

20221115_123051.jpg

20221115_123246.jpg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
As chairman of our community's Ponds & Preserves committee, we have enlisted guys to net the tilapia out of our 68 ponds to improve the ecological health of the ponds. These gush are very dirty, foul the waters plus eat plants and algae that oxygenates the water. They started today - and they don't charge us because they sell them to turtle and alligator farms to feed them (yes Pat these are trash fish!). They were using vast nets and pulling them out by buckets. Some big ones, too

View attachment 200432

View attachment 200433

View attachment 200434

it all eats. ask the alligator.

qclabrat

As chairman of our community's Ponds & Preserves committee, we have enlisted guys to net the tilapia out of our 68 ponds to improve the ecological health of the ponds. These fish are very dirty, foul the waters, plus they eat plants and algae that oxygenate the water. They started today - and they don't charge us because they sell them to turtle and alligator farms for animal feed (yes Pat these are trash fish!). They were using cast nets and pulling them out by buckets. Some big ones, too

View attachment 200432

View attachment 200433

View attachment 200434
If live, they go for $15 a pound in Chinatown. Not a fish I particularly like but popular for some reason

qclabrat

I've been a FW angler for most of my life with jetty fishing sprinkled from time to time. I'm planning to try out kayak fishing at Sandy Hook in the spring but would like to give surf fishing a try as well. Looking for suggestions on a beginner kit and eventually getting a flyfish outfit as well.

Captain Brainstorm

View attachment 200432

View attachment 200433

View attachment 200434
Unfortunately that probably doesn’t even put a dent in it. I would even go as far as to say those ponds are good candidates for rotenone. Once you’ve wiped out the invasive species you can reintroduce sunfish, bass, and different species of minnows. In that climate the fisherie will be back in a year and a half.

Top Bottom