Fishing Thread

RobW

Anyone avail for a trip next Monday? My buddy backed out. BYO gulp and buck tails out of Belmar on the lock n load.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went out again with bob and the row boat.....same spot, same lure, same time of day....got a couple more

tjiE0dK.jpg

PoKZwRM.jpg

Bob wanted to hold one of them
NQeqp29.jpg

RobW

As I was looking back at what I thought my PB was for a fluke and a few posts back I posted it as 9lb. I was wrong, it was 7.1lbs. Friday, it was a bad day with hardly any drift. Storms were everywhere and we didn’t have many options for drifts. Between the 5 of us, we boated 10 fluke and 8 sea bass. My buddy Mark landed a nice Lunker at 7.0lb even.
Today was my second trip I had booked. We headed out and we knew it would be a scorcher but there was the perfect west wind. If you fish the ocean you’ll know that “west is best”. Started out slow but kept picking away at the short life with a few keepers mixed in. We bounced around and found some life and kept hitting it. Every drift pulling one or two. Consistency was key today and it really paid off. Many jigs were lost in the sticky icky bottom and my lighter tackle was dwindling. I re-stocked my line with a jig n gulp. This time using a new color, I thought wth can go wrong now... well, nothing short of wrong happened. Line drops, hit bottom; bounce it; set up my slack, then I had a slight sticky feel to the bottom so I bounce once more, as my jig was headed back down into the depths of coral, there it was! The moment you wait for, the pole bending, the excitement rushing over me as I establish my game plan and execution of reeling in the whatever size it may be. All I knew was it was big and a massive head shake. Captain is silent, the rest of the boat in awe as my ultralight pole is curled over like a cheesedoodle and my drag slipping. The excitement is near, and then we all see it. The beast of the day, everyone in awe and the excitement continued as a successful netting and weighing. And Then the pic! Every doormat needs this picture.

28” long, 8lb 14oz FCA26C03-63A3-425C-A497-A79A917512F1.png

rick81721

Lothar
Annual Canada fishing trip - no go due to covid. Been going since 93 - the guys I go with have been going since the 80s. So plan B, we are doing a shorter trip on Oak Island in Lake of the Woods, starting Oct 2. Late trip for us, we usually go around Sept 20. Picked up some new rain gear, have a feeling it will come to good use - grundens downrigger:

20200826_134828.jpg

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Annual Canada fishing trip - no go due to covid. Been going since 93 - the guys I go with have been going since the 80s. So plan B, we are doing a shorter trip on Oak Island in Lake of the Woods, starting Oct 2. Late trip for us, we usually go around Sept 20. Picked up some new rain gear, have a feeling it will come to good use - grundens downrigger:

View attachment 138029
Fly into Minneapolis early and ride Cuyuna or go cray and ride Copper Harbor in WI. Trip saved!

rick81721

Lothar
Fly into Minneapolis early and ride Cuyuna or go cray and ride Copper Harbor in WI. Trip saved!

I'm flying into Chicago then we are spending a few days at my friend's cabin in upstate Wisconsin. Just checked, it's still another 4.5 hr drive from his place to Copper Harbor. Will have to check it out some year

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I cant tell if I have caught this guy before....but the green worm wasnt working last night so I switched to my old blue rapala
oOyajnY.jpg

my son caught this perch...and i swear like 15min later I caught it a second time
cbKZYQD.jpg

I did catch a decent sized pickrel on my old green worn tho
hheIC3p.jpg

Captain Brainstorm

Went up to my favorite spot on the Delaware to see if the trout would play. Had the entire place to my self as usual since it’s so remote. Caught over a dozen, lost and broke a few off. Caught the first few nymphing to wash the skunk off early, got the rest dry-dropper and dry fly fishing. The fish were stacked in every riffle, it was lights out. All rainbows since the browns are moving up-river to spawn.

Attachments

• 4FDF15E5-F4B5-43C5-9A36-D7A40ADAD207.jpeg
    4FDF15E5-F4B5-43C5-9A36-D7A40ADAD207.jpeg
    109.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 9C09418A-2791-4445-94AE-7FA20EE01A37.jpeg
    9C09418A-2791-4445-94AE-7FA20EE01A37.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 4

pkovo

Been getting back into bass fishing the last few months while waiting for injuries to heal. Forgot how fun this is.

Still, glad I’m back on the bike again. Spending my free time siitting in a kayak fishing hasn’t exactly been great for my fitness.

Got a bunch last weekend including these two. My first “blotchy bass”. Looked like someone spilled ink on him.

D4EE5383-5597-47A0-9D03-04F103995E5E.jpeg8411F3AA-E9DD-461E-9F0D-E068720978DA.png

Top Bottom