Fishing Thread

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I always had good results with all black yamasenkos. I don’t know why though, I would have thought the sparkly ones would be better.

RobW

Went out on a charter today. Boxed up 60 sea bass by 9:30. Afte that we took a ride to see what stripers were under all the bait. A whole mess of boats on the bunker. Nobody was catching anything so, we picked a spot and started snag & drop. 3 minutes later, my friend mark hooks up, then another guy, finally I hook up. F9A66558-182E-4305-BEAB-0537014A1D7C.jpeg562ADF7A-67D1-47CA-BA9A-0527A7C4DDED.jpeg

Captain Brainstorm

Went out on a charter today. Boxed up 60 sea bass by 9:30. Afte that we took a ride to see what stripers were under all the bait. A whole mess of boats on the bunker. Nobody was catching anything so, we picked a spot and started snag & drop. 3 minutes later, my friend mark hooks up, then another guy, finally I hook up. View attachment 130884View attachment 130885
Those are some nice hogs, what did they take?
beautiful fish!
Cross between a brook and a brown. Lots of Delaware tribs have wild Brookies, and they spawn the same time as browns, so who knows. My initial thought is that it’s a stockie that must have swam 40miles up stream (they can do that), but it didn’t fight like a stockie. I thought it was a monster brown at first, and it’s fins were all in tact. Stockies are usually weak fighters, this fought like it was a local. I put it back, so maybe it’ll put on a few more pounds and give someone else a good run.

rick81721

Lothar
Snagged bunker with a weighted treble hook. Then live lined until the fun began.. best way to catch these big cows imho. Sure surf fishing is fun and relaxing but hardly ever does baitfish come that close...

we would catch bunker with a throw net. pretty easy in those big schools

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Had a fun night out with my son looking for some bass in the shallows... After having one snap my line, I got this one about 10 minutes later.... My son kicked ass as my net man.... Also caught pickerel.
20200630_205656.jpg

20200630_202810.jpg
20200630_210420.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The easiest thing you can throw for small pond bass is a 1/8 oz or 1/4oz spinnerbait. Cast, reel, pick off any weeds and repeat. Its hard to screw it up and hard(er) to hang it up on a snag
White, White and Chartruse or chartruse. Walmart will have this.

Spinnerbaits and rubber worms were my go to as a kid riding my 10speed through the woods to every pond and drainage ditch in the area. Problem with Rubber worms is it takes a little more skill to know what to do.

View attachment 128445

I always had good results with all black yamasenkos. I don’t know why though, I would have thought the sparkly ones would be better.
So I have a similar spinner bait that I have tried over and over and I never catch anything with it at my lake....for me...green power bait worms seem to get me the best results. Of course, I also only seem to have any luck after 8pm....But this same green powerbait worm...I catch everything...Crappie, largemouth, white perch, green perch, pickrel and occasionally a sunfish big enough to get the hook in its mouth.

RobW

So I have a similar spinner bait that I have tried over and over and I never catch anything with it at my lake....for me...green power bait worms seem to get me the best results. Of course, I also only seem to have any luck after 8pm....But this same green powerbait worm...I catch everything...Crappie, largemouth, white perch, green perch, pickrel and occasionally a sunfish big enough to get the hook in its mouth.
I distinctly remember using these colors as a kid- sparkly purple, black, maroon, green. at dusk was a stellar combo for the sparkly purple worm.
now If on a boat I would put a jighead on it and jig for the lunkers..

Top Bottom