• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you don't mind the questions, you have the Orbea correct? How does it handle compared to your previous bikes?
One of the great things about Orbea because it's labeled as a light weight ebike compared to full fat enduro types is it rides more like an anolog. It clearly is more trail/all mountain at 140mm in the rear. Now I haven't ridden the carbon rise but one assumes that's even more so as its almost 10lbs lighter then my Hydro Rise. I really have no complaints at all and connected to this platform immediately, mind you I transferred over all my touch points as soon as I got it. I did upgrade my suspension front and rear. My only complaint if and is probably personal was crank length which I changed. Battery life is really good haven't come close yet and if I did die its good to know I can pedal this out unlike some of the beast available.

The Kalmyk

There is a kid in my town that rides around on an an e-bike on full auto- so pretty much the equivalent of a moped. No helmet, just one of the mirrored face covering. He passed me in a neighborhood while i was driving my car around 25mph.

Its matter of time before law catches up. E-bike manufacturers can’t be the only one cashing in; once our universal partner finds out there is a profit center in licensing and ticketing.

The word “Bike” has fleeced them for now

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
There is a kid in my town that rides around on an an e-bike on full auto- so pretty much the equivalent of a moped. No helmet, just one of the mirrored face covering. He passed me in a neighborhood while i was driving my car around 25mph.

Its matter of time before law catches up. E-bike manufacturers can’t be the only one cashing in; once our universal partner finds out there is a profit center in licensing and ticketing.

The word “Bike” has fleeced them for now

The throttle bikes are going to see something soon. We build one a day pretty much now. All the 70's moped looking one. I can't get these parents to drop $800 on a Rockhopper but they'll drop 2k on a death trap all day 🤔

Reminds me a little bit like the wheelie bike trend. No $800 Rockhopper, but a $1,500 Walmart Quality SE is the BOMB!!

Ian F

I like the Orbea Wild FS M-LTD. While $11K is still a butt-load of money for a bike, at least in this case all of the components are top-spec (full XTR).

one piece crank

The throttle bikes are going to see something soon. We build one a day pretty much now. All the 70's moped looking one. I can't get these parents to drop $800 on a Rockhopper but they'll drop 2k on a death trap all day 🤔

Reminds me a little bit like the wheelie bike trend. No $800 Rockhopper, but a $1,500 Walmart Quality SE is the BOMB!!
Yeah, NJ is missing out - put a motor on a non-powered boat and you have to register it.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Is that what those stupid things are called? Wheelie bikes? I saw some kids with one and this local homemade pump track by me and I was wondering WTF it was. Useless on a pump track, sucks at doing just, cant use it on trails, but it wheelies.....so I guess its like a 2 wheeled unicycle?

Anyway...I was dying to try out one of the nicer e-bikes at the jam on saturday, but I just got too busy all day.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
d46f22d6-673d-4dd8-94d1-c4ccbd447f2c.057d0113d43599c680842a71cde936c4.jpeg

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Wow, I had no idea a wheelie bike was a thing. So they make a bike that's good at doing just one thing and that is to draw attention? That explains the annoying paint scheme but what's the point of the front brake then? I would equate that to a dropped Civic with a loud exhaust system without any real muscle behind it but I can't because a Civic didn't come out of the factory that way. Some idiot had to do some heavy and expensive modifications to turn it into a "look at me" attention getter. My mind is blown.

Ironjunk

I've been trying to wheelie on and off for the past 20 years. The front end goes up then i just keel over. Sometimes i hit the spot right away but never consistent.

mfennell

I've been trying to wheelie on and off for the past 20 years. The front end goes up then i just keel over. Sometimes i hit the spot right away but never consistent.
I've never learned to modulate the rear brake while on one wheel. Really annoying!

Last edited:
Top Bottom