• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You sure about that? The whole reason it comes off from the drive side is so the derailleur can be removed easily without tools? I've never seen the Orbea bolt loosen from the non-drive side on any model. 🤔
Now you gave me an excuse to leave work, I do have mild dyslexia so that could be a thing. But I'm almost certain but now questioning myself.

iLuveketchup

My thoughts after 1 local ride with the Rise and 2 long rides with the Heckler at Downieville CA.

It's cheating. There is no way around it. The climbs are effortless. I was looking through Trailforks and sending texts waiting for a clearing to pass other riders on analog bikes. It wasn't fair and I felt really guilty passing on the climbs. What should have been an epic climb to the top of Gold Valley Rim trail became just a regular ride. More about this below.

I ride mountain bikes because I want to get high. Instead of MDMA releasing serotonin or mushrooms giving a psychedelic release, I am chasing the dopamine rush you get after a grueling mtb ride. I'm not a runner. Maybe this is the same as the runner's high? Anyway, emtb takes away the struggle and makes the climbs too easy. Just speaking for myself, without any effort to overcome hurdles, I do NOT get a sense of accomplishment. Which robs me of my fix.

Granted, I could have run eco mode or shut the motor off. I'll give that a try next.

Overall, the analog bike is more fun. This is just my initial impressions and can change with time. I look forward to lapping the Rise at Frederick Watershed and other long climbs with descents.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
My thoughts after 1 local ride with the Rise and 2 long rides with the Heckler at Downieville CA.

It's cheating. There is no way around it. The climbs are effortless. I was looking through Trailforks and sending texts waiting for a clearing to pass other riders on analog bikes. It wasn't fair and I felt really guilty passing on the climbs. What should have been an epic climb to the top of Gold Valley Rim trail became just a regular ride. More about this below.

I ride mountain bikes because I want to get high. Instead of MDMA releasing serotonin or mushrooms giving a psychedelic release, I am chasing the dopamine rush you get after a grueling mtb ride. I'm not a runner. Maybe this is the same as the runner's high? Anyway, emtb takes away the struggle and makes the climbs too easy. Just speaking for myself, without any effort to overcome hurdles, I do NOT get a sense of accomplishment. Which robs me of my fix.

Granted, I could have run eco mode or shut the motor off. I'll give that a try next.

Overall, the analog bike is more fun. This is just my initial impressions and can change with time. I look forward to lapping the Rise at Frederick Watershed and other long climbs with descents.
You're not the first I've heard to say this. I guess different people ride for different reasons, some ride for the "high" as you said and others such as myself ride for the fun. I get the high you get but that's not necessary for me to have fun. If I want that high I still have my analog bike but if I just want tons of fun I go E.

Reactions: don

goldsbar

Maybe this is the same as the runner's high?

MTB is much better. My experience with runners high is it just makes the pain/torture from running go away. Never felt anywhere near high. You get that on a mountain bike followed by a shot of adrenaline, repeat x10.

I did have some hallucinations/mental breakdown when I raced a marathon. Much easier ways to get that.

Reactions: don

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You're not the first I've heard to say this. I guess different people ride for different reasons, some ride for the "high" as you said and others such as myself ride for the fun. I get the high you get but that's not necessary for me to have fun. If I want that high I still have my analog bike but if I just want tons of fun I go E.
It's simple if you ride boost for your entire ride it's easy to say it's easy. I barely touch boost and ketchup man will figure that out. My first ride was all boost and felt the same, once you learn the balance of your modes you can show pretty much same heartbeats avg as analog.

The Kalmyk

To your point, my perspective is much different, lol. Think about it...

There are lot of people not having fun if we all used this logic.🤷🏼‍♂️👊🏻

Cafe Dave

Why did the tomato get an emtb? So it can ketchup with everyone else. But in heinz sight, emtb made the climbs too easy! 🤣

JPark

My adrenaline rush comes more from the downhill trails. Granted, there is a sense of accomplishment when completing a tough technical climb but that's different than an adrenaline rush. Technical climbing on an ebike can still be challenging.

With the e-bike I can get many more downhill runs in because I can climb so much faster.

Maybe to fully enjoy an ebike you need to like speed?

The Kalmyk

E-Bikes follow the same rule as all of cycling - "It never gets easier, you just go faster"

Ebikers should take that on! On this forum and others, the explaining is not needed is getting old and actually draws unnecessary attention.

Last edited:

The Kalmyk

My adrenaline rush comes more from the downhill trails. Granted, there is a sense of accomplishment when completing a tough technical climb but that's different than an adrenaline rush. Technical climbing on an ebike can still be challenging.

With the e-bike I can get many more downhill runs in because I can climb so much faster.

Maybe to fully enjoy an ebike you need to like speed?

We gotch you! We know now! You’re having fun and no explanation needed!!

Keep hammering

rick81721

Lothar
MTB is much better. My experience with runners high is it just makes the pain/torture from running go away. Never felt anywhere near high. You get that on a mountain bike followed by a shot of adrenaline, repeat x10.

I did have some hallucinations/mental breakdown when I raced a marathon. Much easier ways to get that.

Pfft. Runner's high is from a high heart rate for extended time with no breaks, rest or coasting. Unless you are going all out for 30+ minutes straight on a bike, it's not the same.

Kaleidopete

Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye
Eye.jpg

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unless you are going all out for 30+ minutes straight on a bike, it's not the same.

How is that different from riding road in fla. Or south jersey for that matter?

At least that's what my sj road rides tend to look like, an hour at tempo + pace

Top Bottom