• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

JerseyPete

This may seem sad, but kids are the biggest E Bike Segment in our area. The whole town is on rolling death traps from Amazon. They've replaced the wheelie bike as the cool trend.
My town too. Lots of them riding everywhere with no helmets. Same for the electric skate boards as well.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You want to see crazy just head to central park for a day. While doing bike patrol for a run race last week with @jmanic and @Patrick I was amazed at the amount of electric platforms rolling the park. Not at all as I remembered since my days of doing laps. Outlaws everywhere. The craziest were those one wheel stand up things doing like 35mph.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
1655134104447.png

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Still waiting for my Rise that I ordered in Dec '21. In hindsight, it probably wasn't wise to order something that will become obsolete soon.

I like this new emtb from Transition because of their easily removable small battery and slim downtube.

Haha came here to post the same thing

I don't know where you ordered your rise but you will not be disappointed, it seems the folks who ordered when you did are just now starting to receive them.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Still waiting for my Rise that I ordered in Dec '21. In hindsight, it probably wasn't wise to order something that will become obsolete soon.

I like this new emtb from Transition because of their easily removable small battery and slim downtube.

It's worth the wait to get a Rise. Oh, wait.... what did I say? Besides, you'll have to wait another year for that and having "2 bikes in 1" is like having a cross trainer. Remember those from 30 years ago?

Last edited:

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone else notice that Pole bike company are now only making their e bike at home, the evolink and the hard tail are made in Not China.

That Voima would be on my short list if I was in the market for full fat enduro. Intrigued by the suspension design.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring

I love Transition bikes and a sub 40lb eBike is what I’d want. Now if they can keep the price below $7K, I might have to dig in my sock draw. Doubt it though. This will probably be over $9K.

Reactions: don

Ironjunk

Imo Transition is price gouging with the Repeater. $8,200 for a sram nx build is outrageous.
It's not a sram NX build, it's an ebike build first. Keep it simple because the components arguably will get more beat up. My 750w 29er runs 48 up front and 11-34 in the rear and it can handle any hill. These new bikes have 34 front and 50t rear come on that's like great great granny gear.

Last edited:

scott62

It's not a sram NX build, it's an ebike build first. Keep it simple because the components arguably will get more beat up. My 750w 29er runs 48 up front and 11-34 in the rear and it can handle any hill. These new bikes have 34 front and 50t rear come on that's like great great granny gear.
The drivetrain is nx, the hubs are Novetech(good luck with that) and you get the Shimano drive unit that is not in the same class as Bosh and Broz….for $8,200.
Look, the way bikes are made today, a ebike should only be at max $2,000 more than a comparable mountain bike. Ask yourself how much the extra stuff costs that they are mounting to a modified mountain bike frame. How much does a carbon Sentinel with a nx build cost? Is that 2k less than the Repeater? That’s all I am saying.

Top Bottom