• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 29 12.2%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters

Captain Brainstorm

There are ways to ride up Creek. There’s also an entire series of trails starting from South Peak that they built for enduro races not sure if that is technically closed to public or if people just don’t go over there because no lifts. I’d think that would be prime e-biking if it’s allowed.

Creek is the type of place where, as good as it is, I personally feel its not worth it to ride up. If I'm going to pedal up, there are plenty of places nearby (Ringwood, Wildcat, Wayway, Jungle) that are more rewarding to climb/descend.

T-Van

Happy to see this hasnt turned into an ebike bashing session yet. Surprised by some of the results.
50% have never ridden one but still have an opinion, lol
Very happy to see a lot realize ebikes have same impact on trails as acoustic bikes.

I have about 900mi on my ebike so far and heres what ive learned.

1-incredibly fun, up-down, doesnt matter. Every trail is fun on an ebike and you have to learn to let go of the idea that a trail is more fun in one direction or that you dont want to start or end on a climb etc...
2- It aint easy! If your a racer at heart, a motor wont make it less effort to ride fast. You will end up riding just as hard but the effort will be shifted a bit from pedaling to bike handling. For example, riding a climb that would normally take you 6min at like 4mph can now be done in under 3 min at like 8-10mph. You realize quickly how much more effort it takes to rail corners, jump logs etc... at that speed. Its kinda like riding Creek for a day, you feel super beat up and tired but you barely pedaled.
3- Chosen leader. When riding with non-ebike group you will always be chosen to scout out trails when unsure of what direction to go. Same when someone has a mechanical and needs to be retrieved via car.
4- No more excuses! You cant bail on a ride because you had a long day or are hung over, thats what Turbo mode is for!
5- Lighten up. Ride a 54lb ebike for a month and suddenly your 34lb trailbike feels like a feather
6- Recover quicker. Long ride yesterday? Grab the ebike, you gain more bike handling skills while giving your legs and lungs a bit of a break.
7- Catch me if you can! The fastest riders in your group will love chasing you. Ive led more than a few of my buddies to KOMs by being the rabbit on the track. Unfortunately, your KOMs wont count unless someone created alternate segments for E.
8- Learn new lines. Having amplified pedal power gives you the ability to try and conquer new lines. Some of these will transfer over to acoustic bikes once you get comfortable riding them over and over.
9- Faster on any bike. Ive found that after riding my ebike for a while, I get used to a certain speed (fast) and that carries over to my acoustic bike as well. I will normally get multiple PRs on my first few rides without the motor but then the effect starts to fade. I think it has to do with a regular bike feeling much slower which makes you push harder, also riding every trail at KOM speed for a while really boosts you bike handling skills. Ever notice how dirtbike guys are really fast on downhills? Being comfortable at speed carries over. Having pedal assistance allows your body and mind to focus on riding instead of pedaling.
10- Its more about skills than hills. Riding E lets you really focus on bike handling and working the trail. Having extra energy on tap will have you looking to challenge yourself in different ways. Try a climb thats impossible on acoustic. Turn rock gardens into rhythm sections. Learn uphill braking (yes, its a thing)
11- Acoustic can still be faster. For the most part, I'm way faster on E but there are trails where I just cant match my best times. Being restricted to 20mph of pedal assistance means a slower heavier bike anytime the speeds exceed 20. Its super difficult to get these bikes moving any faster by pedaling.
12- Not just for old, broken cyclists. I have my long term injury issues but I'm nowhere near old and broken. I can still crack the top ten here and there. I love having an ebike to grab whenever I want to switch up the ride. The point of every single MTB innovation over the years is to make riding easier. Think about it, suspension, disc brakes, dropper posts, slacker geometry, all make it way easier to ride over difficult terrain. In fact, trails that seemed impossible in my 20s are now a piece of cake in my 40s. Its not as much me as it is the bikes. Ebikes only take this a step further by amplifying your pedal power. A LOT of riders say they will consider E only when they are old and broken, but why wait? You can start saving your aching bones and joints now and have fun while your at it.
13- Two rides are better than one. Do the regular ride with your non E group and then stop for another ride on the way home.
14- A bike is a bike is a bike.... they are all fun but challenging in their own way. Its still pedaling on two wheels over tough terrain.

If you get a chance, try one. Whats the worst that can happen? Less money in your bank account.... lol!

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
Happy to see this hasnt turned into an ebike bashing session yet. Surprised by some of the results.
50% have never ridden one but still have an opinion, lol
Very happy to see a lot realize ebikes have same impact on trails as acoustic bikes.

I have about 900mi on my ebike so far and heres what ive learned.

If you get a chance, try one. Whats the worst that can happen? Less money in your bank account.... lol!

Counterpoint, because every great debate should have one:

1-incredibly fun, up-down, doesnt matter. Every trail is fun on an ebike and you have to learn to let go of the idea that a trail is more fun in one direction or that you dont want to start or end on a climb etc...
Can’t argue with this one, riding anything on 2 wheels is fun.
2- It aint easy! If your a racer at heart, a motor wont make it less effort to ride fast. I’ve done it, its totally easier, especially on the climbs. Its totally easier, I've done it. The only place its not really easier is on the descents (the ones with no pedaling). Also why old and injured riders use them.
3- Chosen leader. When riding with non-ebike group you will always be chosen to scout out trails when unsure of what direction to go. Same when someone has a mechanical and needs to be retrieved via car.
Depends on the ride. When I ride with others in a new place, someone either has the route on their Garmin, or we’re trying to get lost (sometimes that’s the point).
4- No more excuses! Bailing due to tiredness is lame. Riding hungover is also a right of passage, and how many epic rides have begun.
5- Lighten up. Ride a 54lb ebike for a month and suddenly your 34lb trailbike feels like a feather
Everything is lighter than a 54lb bike. If you actually want to get stronger, ride a 54lb bike without a motor.
6- Recover quicker. Long ride yesterday? Grab the ebike, you gain more bike handling skills while giving your legs and lungs a bit of a break. Wait, I thought you get just as hard of a workout?
7- Catch me if you can! The fastest riders in your group will love chasing you. Ive led more than a few of my buddies to KOMs by being the rabbit on the track. Unfortunately, your KOMs wont count unless someone created alternate segments for E. Maybe, can see how this would work.
8- Learn new lines. Having amplified pedal power gives you the ability to try and conquer new lines. Some of these will transfer over to acoustic bikes once you get comfortable riding them over and over. Learning new lines is the cornerstone of MTB and progression. Most people I know have been doing this since they’ve been riding. If you're so exhausted during a ride you can't see (thats whats required to find new lines), see a doctor.
9- Faster on any bike. Ive found that after riding my ebike for a while, I get used to a certain speed (fast) and that carries over to my acoustic bike as well. I will normally get multiple PRs on my first few rides without the motor but then the effect starts to fade. I think it has to do with a regular bike feeling much slower which makes you push harder, also riding every trail at KOM speed for a while really boosts you bike handling skills. Ever notice how dirtbike guys are really fast on downhills? Being comfortable at speed carries over. Having pedal assistance allows your body and mind to focus on riding instead of pedaling. Don’t buy this. Descending is descending, and if no pedaling is involved, then a motor doesn’t matter. And acoustic bike? Stop. A bike is a bike, one with a motor is a bike with a motor.
10- Its more about skills than hills. Riding E lets you really focus on bike handling and working the trail. Having extra energy on tap will have you looking to challenge yourself in different ways. Try a climb thats impossible on acoustic. Turn rock gardens into rhythm sections. Learn uphill braking (yes, its a thing). Bike handling is often limited by strength and fatigue. Learning to handle while your exerting yourself makes you better. And if nothing challenges you anymore, you’re either one of the freeride gods like Ritchie Schley or your just not trying hard enough.
11- Acoustic can still be faster. For the most part, I'm way faster on E but there are trails where I just cant match my best times. Being restricted to 20mph of pedal assistance means a slower heavier bike anytime the speeds exceed 20. Its super difficult to get these bikes moving any faster by pedaling. Willing to bet most good desenders will be just as fast or faster on their non e-bikes.
12- Not just for old, broken cyclists. I have my long term injury issues but I'm nowhere near old and broken. I can still crack the top ten here and there. I love having an ebike to grab whenever I want to switch up the ride. The point of every single MTB innovation over the years is to make riding easier. Think about it, suspension, disc brakes, dropper posts, slacker geometry, all make it way easier to ride over difficult terrain. In fact, trails that seemed impossible in my 20s are now a piece of cake in my 40s. Its not as much me as it is the bikes. Ebikes only take this a step further by amplifying your pedal power. A LOT of riders say they will consider E only when they are old and broken, but why wait? You can start saving your aching bones and joints now and have fun while your at it. A lot of what the industry has offered has made biking more fun, but you still have to do the work of pedaling. Trails that were hard in my 20s are now easier in my 40s, because practice and experience. Harden the fuck up.
13- Two rides are better than one. Do the regular ride with your non E group and then stop for another ride on the way home. But wait, I though you get just as much of a workout, shouldn’t you be too tired?
14- A bike is a bike is a bike.... they are all fun but challenging in their own way. Its still pedaling on two wheels over tough terrain. True, depending on what you value most about the sport.

Ian F

VT is not e-bike friendly, most of the trails managed by VMBA or in partnership with them don't allow e-bikes. Most of the locals up there will give you the stink-eye. I hardly see e-bikes here, have never seen one up in VT. Don't see that changing any time soon, especially in light of recent events.

I am not familiar with VT e-bike rules. Since I don't have one, I've never really thought about it. I was just using Victory Hill as an example of how a bike park for e-bikes could be set-up.

Although I've heard about them, I'm not familiar with the trails on the South Peak at Mtn Creek. I haven't ridden at Creek in a few years for various reasons.

JORBA Stephens

I find it to be a different activity not really mixing with mountain biking. Going with a group out to PA on like equipment sounds like a great time. As it also is with motorcycles.

What I want is a super light fixed-peg longer lasting electric that I can put on the back of my car or in the suv. They-re coming.

I could probably get the park to ok e-use for me to carry tools into the park but I don't want to cheat myself out of the sweat equity. When I can't ride the tools in, someone else is going to have to take over.

Captain Brainstorm

I am not familiar with VT e-bike rules. Since I don't have one, I've never really thought about it. I was just using Victory Hill as an example of how a bike park for e-bikes could be set-up.

Although I've heard about them, I'm not familiar with the trails on the South Peak at Mtn Creek. I haven't ridden at Creek in a few years for various reasons.

VT is a unique place, with a unique attitude. There are lots of people between 70-80+ still skiing and riding. Not a very sympathetic place for e-bikes.

Creek is a fun place to ride, but all the trails are rough, even the flow trails, trail maintenance does not seem to be a big priority. The bike parks up in New England manicure their trails way better, if railing berms like you see on YouTube are your thing. The best trails at Creek are the old-school trails, plenty of gnar to be had. Your trail/Enduro bike will take a beating at Creek, I've started renting a DH bike instead of beating the piss out of my bike. .Having said that, if I'm going to pedal, I'm going to the surrounding parks, which is where some of the best riding in NJ/lower NY is.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
Not yet for me but eventually. We ran into and spoke with some folks on ebikes when we were in Moab last fall and that really peaked my interest. They let one of the guys in our group try it out and he was immediately impressed with it.

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I find it to be a different activity not really mixing with mountain biking. Going with a group out to PA on like equipment sounds like a great time. As it also is with motorcycles.

What I want is a super light fixed-peg longer lasting electric that I can put on the back of my car or in the suv. They-re coming.

I could probably get the park to ok e-use for me to carry tools into the park but I don't want to cheat myself out of the sweat equity. When I can't ride the tools in, someone else is going to have to take over.

You just described it perfectly, sweat equity. Everyone is trying to avoid any type of sweat equity these days, and are coming up with creative rationale to justify it.

Ian F

VT is a unique place, with a unique attitude. There are lots of people between 70-80+ still skiing and riding. Not a very sympathetic place for e-bikes.

Creek is a fun place to ride, but all the trails are rough, even the flow trails, trail maintenance does not seem to be a big priority. The bike parks up in New England manicure their trails way better, if railing berms like you see on YouTube are your thing. The best trails at Creek are the old-school trails, plenty of gnar to be had. Your trail/Enduro bike will take a beating at Creek, I've started renting a DH bike instead of beating the piss out of my bike. .Having said that, if I'm going to pedal, I'm going to the surrounding parks, which is where some of the best riding in NJ/lower NY is.

I spent most of my park riding last year at Highland and Thunder, with trips to Burke and Killington as well, but I cut my teeth riding at Creek, so I know it well and it has claimed a few body and bike parts over the last 20+ years. While the parks in New England have plenty of trails that can kill your bike, they also have nice flow/jump trails if you just want to have fun. Something it seems the Mid-Atlantic parks are lacking in from top to bottom.

I only mention Victory Hill because the way the trail system is designed would be well suited to e-bikes, which is something prospective e-bike park builders could copy. Thinking about it, Glen Park would be a good e-bike park as well.

Captain Brainstorm

I spent most of my park riding last year at Highland and Thunder, with trips to Burke and Killington as well, but I cut my teeth riding at Creek, so I know it well and it has claimed a few body and bike parts over the last 20+ years. While the parks in New England have plenty of trails that can kill your bike, they also have nice flow/jump trails if you just want to have fun. Something it seems the Mid-Atlantic parks are lacking in from top to bottom.

I only mention Victory Hill because the way the trail system is designed would be well suited to e-bikes, which is something prospective e-bike park builders could copy. Thinking about it, Glen Park would be a good e-bike park as well.

The obvious advantage that VT has when it comes to trail building is they have elevation to play with. Most of the trails built in the last 10 years are designed to maximize descending terrain and time, while making the ascent as painless as the terrain allows. Some of the descents that I ride are as long or longer than any bike park up there, with of course a long climb to get to the top. There’s one descent I ride that takes almost 20-25min., it’s a quad burner. To get to the top, think lots of switchbacks going up, and smooth terrain, so technically its e-bike friendly. However, the signs at all of the trail heads in the area say no motorized vehicles of any type, or explicitly say no e-bikes. Given how quickly the sport is exploding up there, they’re trying to minimize conflict between/amongst users and also land-owners/stake holders. There is also a strong “earn your turns” mentality at play as well, the rationale being that there are many easy to intermediate trails in the area if you don’t want to commit to any of the bigger rides. I don’t see any of this changing in the near future.

MannyL358

You just described it perfectly, sweat equity. Everyone is trying to avoid any type of sweat equity these days, and are coming up with creative rationale to justify it.

I read these kinds of comments all the time and here’s my opinion. Keep in mind I’m not looking to start a flame war.

If a person chooses to climb steep terrain to feel good, or feel like he’s earned his ride, I say more power to you!... I’ll cheer for you! But when that person starts knocking or looking down on others who choose to use an ebike, because somehow they are weaker, or “haven’t earned the ride”, or are somehow “cheaters”, it throws into question the very manhood or pride they’re aiming to defend.

My take is, you do you and I’ll do me. But I’m not going to knock you because you're not doing it like me. In fact, I’ll cheer you on and hope you have a ton of fun because the truth is mtbing to me is about having fun. I don’t measure the size of my junk by what I can do better than others. So there you have it, my 2 cents. No refunds!

Last edited:

T-Van

Counterpoint, because every great debate should have one:

Can’t argue with this one, riding anything on 2 wheels is fun.
2- It aint easy! If your a racer at heart, a motor wont make it less effort to ride fast. I’ve done it, its totally easier, especially on the climbs. Its totally easier, I've done it. The only place its not really easier is on the descents (the ones with no pedaling). Also why old and injured riders use them.
Depends on the ride. When I ride with others in a new place, someone either has the route on their Garmin, or we’re trying to get lost (sometimes that’s the point).
4- No more excuses! Bailing due to tiredness is lame. Riding hungover is also a right of passage, and how many epic rides have begun.
Everything is lighter than a 54lb bike. If you actually want to get stronger, ride a 54lb bike without a motor.
6- Recover quicker. Long ride yesterday? Grab the ebike, you gain more bike handling skills while giving your legs and lungs a bit of a break. Wait, I thought you get just as hard of a workout?
7- Catch me if you can! The fastest riders in your group will love chasing you. Ive led more than a few of my buddies to KOMs by being the rabbit on the track. Unfortunately, your KOMs wont count unless someone created alternate segments for E. Maybe, can see how this would work.
8- Learn new lines. Having amplified pedal power gives you the ability to try and conquer new lines. Some of these will transfer over to acoustic bikes once you get comfortable riding them over and over. Learning new lines is the cornerstone of MTB and progression. Most people I know have been doing this since they’ve been riding. If you're so exhausted during a ride you can't see (thats whats required to find new lines), see a doctor.
9- Faster on any bike. Ive found that after riding my ebike for a while, I get used to a certain speed (fast) and that carries over to my acoustic bike as well. I will normally get multiple PRs on my first few rides without the motor but then the effect starts to fade. I think it has to do with a regular bike feeling much slower which makes you push harder, also riding every trail at KOM speed for a while really boosts you bike handling skills. Ever notice how dirtbike guys are really fast on downhills? Being comfortable at speed carries over. Having pedal assistance allows your body and mind to focus on riding instead of pedaling. Don’t buy this. Descending is descending, and if no pedaling is involved, then a motor doesn’t matter. And acoustic bike? Stop. A bike is a bike, one with a motor is a bike with a motor.
10- Its more about skills than hills. Riding E lets you really focus on bike handling and working the trail. Having extra energy on tap will have you looking to challenge yourself in different ways. Try a climb thats impossible on acoustic. Turn rock gardens into rhythm sections. Learn uphill braking (yes, its a thing). Bike handling is often limited by strength and fatigue. Learning to handle while your exerting yourself makes you better. And if nothing challenges you anymore, you’re either one of the freeride gods like Ritchie Schley or your just not trying hard enough.
11- Acoustic can still be faster. For the most part, I'm way faster on E but there are trails where I just cant match my best times. Being restricted to 20mph of pedal assistance means a slower heavier bike anytime the speeds exceed 20. Its super difficult to get these bikes moving any faster by pedaling. Willing to bet most good desenders will be just as fast or faster on their non e-bikes.
12- Not just for old, broken cyclists. I have my long term injury issues but I'm nowhere near old and broken. I can still crack the top ten here and there. I love having an ebike to grab whenever I want to switch up the ride. The point of every single MTB innovation over the years is to make riding easier. Think about it, suspension, disc brakes, dropper posts, slacker geometry, all make it way easier to ride over difficult terrain. In fact, trails that seemed impossible in my 20s are now a piece of cake in my 40s. Its not as much me as it is the bikes. Ebikes only take this a step further by amplifying your pedal power. A LOT of riders say they will consider E only when they are old and broken, but why wait? You can start saving your aching bones and joints now and have fun while your at it. A lot of what the industry has offered has made biking more fun, but you still have to do the work of pedaling. Trails that were hard in my 20s are now easier in my 40s, because practice and experience. Harden the fuck up.
13- Two rides are better than one. Do the regular ride with your non E group and then stop for another ride on the way home. But wait, I though you get just as much of a workout, shouldn’t you be too tired?
14- A bike is a bike is a bike.... they are all fun but challenging in their own way. Its still pedaling on two wheels over tough terrain. True, depending on what you value most about the sport.

Youre kinda missing my point about it not being much easier. Its only easier if you want it to be, Ive done easy rides in boost mode letting the motor do most of the work and Ive done 40mi rides in the lowest power mode with me doing most of the work. Thats whats great about ebikes, you have a choice of how hard you want to work. If you ride full on as fast as you can on an ebike, its just as much of a workout. What I'm saying is if your fitness is your only limiting factor, its just like riding anything else. Have you ever ridden moto or enduro? Ive done rides on a 300 two stroke that were physically tougher than any MTB ride Ive ever done. It shouldnt be, but we are idiots who go looking to ride the hardest trails we can find. Adding a motor, to me just means I can ride faster or ride more challenging trails. Either way I normally push myself to the limit.

If you think for a second that only practice and experience has made you faster over the years, I challenge you to get on a 20yo bike and go ride your normal loop. Wear a good helmet, thers a reason "going over the bars" used to be a thing. Bicycles used to try to kill us.
Not sure how long youve been riding but I started in 1991 on a fully rigid GT with 1.9" tires, cantilever brakes, mega long stem, narrow bars and actual toe clips, the stirrup kind. Ive been here for all the advancements in the sport and can say beyond doubt that there is no comparison between those early bikes and what we ride now. Most gravel bikes are probably more capable these days.
I will guarantee that theres a bigger time gap between an old hardtail and modern trailbike than there is a modern trail bike and ebike. (ok, maybe not on long climbs) I would love to actully test this if I could get my hands on an old school bike without having to buy it.

Oh, and "acoustic bike" is easier to use than non ebike even if it sounds douchey. lol

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
I read these kinds of comments all the time and here’s my opinion. Keep in mind I’m not looking to start a flame war.

If a person chooses to climb steep terrain to feel good, or feel like he’s earned his ride, I say more power to you!... I’ll cheer for you! But when that person starts knocking or looking down on others who choose to use an ebike, because somehow they are weaker, or “haven’t earned the ride”, or are somehow “cheaters”, it throws into question the very manhood or pride they’re aiming to defend.

My take is, you do you and I’ll do me. But I’m not going to knock you because you're not doing it like me. In fact, I’ll cheer you on and hope you have a ton of fun because the truth is mtbing to me is about having fun. I don’t measure the size of my junk by what I can do better than others. So there you have it, my 2 cents. No refunds!

As a cancer survivor, I think that you're situation very clearly justifies your choice of riding an e-MTB. I think this is the perfect use for the e-MTB, keeping those us who love to ride on the trail when poor health conspires to keep us off. I just question a perfectly healthy persons choice of riding an e-MTB. Its not a big-dick contest, most of us were weak when we first started, but got stronger. If you're healthy, whats gives you the greater feeling of accomplishment; doing a 20-mile ride under your own power or with an electric motor? Everyone can live their "best life", just don't try to sell me that the work out is just as good, or you're working on your bike handling skills, etc. You're doing it because it makes the climbs easier, shortens the time it takes to get to the good stuff (the descents). Nothing to argue then really.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
The hardest ride I’ve done in the last year was with an all ebike group. This was by far the deepest pool of talent on bikes that I could hang with. The ebike made that possible. We all had the same bike and the antics I saw that day were unforgettable.

The dynamic of an all ebike bike group is a bit more like a group moto ride than a bike ride.

I’ve never had so much fun climbing in my life

Perhaps you might see some familiar faces.

I’ve enjoyed the back and fourth in this thread and we may find it interesting a decade from now (2030!) to look back on we were thinking..

The bike industry is putting all (or most) of its eggs for future development in ebikes.

Our corner of the world is frankly was off the back on ebikes. I spoke to a shop in Cali that sold over 250, off road ebikes last year.

I don’t have a strong agenda here and I’m all about everyone picking their own poison to ride what they like.

I do think these will become more commonplace, legal or not.

Attachments

• C30F42B7-DCA6-42B7-9B51-FC303878D46B.jpeg
    C30F42B7-DCA6-42B7-9B51-FC303878D46B.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 57E738D7-B83B-4EB4-8295-18D5F67890E6.jpeg
    57E738D7-B83B-4EB4-8295-18D5F67890E6.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 134
  • 9C31E904-75F6-4036-B931-323C815C1A5C.jpeg
    9C31E904-75F6-4036-B931-323C815C1A5C.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 145
  • F2C6E72F-B817-4074-89E3-ACDB3B10615E.jpeg
    F2C6E72F-B817-4074-89E3-ACDB3B10615E.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

T-Van

Agreed, its all how you choose to use the ebike. Ride your normal loop at the same speed and it will absolutely make it way easier. Trying for the eKOM is a different story.
As far as earning anything by climbing, then those who arent climbing on a single speed arent earning as much and should be forced to walk down part of the descent. lol!

As far as those who would say its cheating, first off I didnt even know we were racing, and second the only thing I'm cheating is gravity and it feels soooo good.

Top Bottom