Clipless pedals?

bruce.b

Dickwad
>>i'm just curious what type of riding background the flat-zealots come from. my guess - bmx/trial/dh with a lot of years riding under their belt?<<

No backround in BMX/Trials/DH. I've ridden mountain bikes in NJ since 1983, most of that time with foot retention. When I first started riding singlespeed, probably in the late 90's, I went back and forth between foot retention or not for a couple of years. It actually took a lot of riding and several years before I felt as comfortable on BMX flats as clipped or strapped in. At that point I completely gave up foot retention. If I ever start riding multi-geared again I'll have to decide if I want to again try clipless, but for singlespeed it's a no brainer for me. (read my last post if you want to know why I prefer BMX flats)

Zealots...huh? That's what the clipless users are....a bunch of suzie boy, pantyhose wearing, dogmatic, believe anything the marketers write ZEALOTS! Religious fanatics, just like the riders who use multi-gears, suspension and deodorant.

bruce boysen.....does like his freewheel

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
This guy has restored my faith in humanity!! My background is full on xc,yall have just bought into the lies.If you're training 300 road miles a week for mtb competition than i understand keeping all your pedals the same, otherwise lose the tap shoes.................................and if you're attempting anything remotely "stunty"DO NOT CLIP IN!!

ArmyOfNone

This guy has restored my faith in humanity!! My background is full on xc,yall have just bought into the lies.If you're training 300 road miles a week for mtb competition than i understand keeping all your pedals the same, otherwise lose the tap shoes.................................and if you're attempting anything remotely "stunty"DO NOT CLIP IN!!

When i read brett's posts. i always get a mental picture of brett sitting behind the keyboard punching away at the keys and shaking his fist. Anyone else get this? I love it.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I can't imagine riding w/o spds in the woods. I also ride in a ballerina suit.

I rember when I go the 1st generation pedals in 1992. They were great unless they got muddy.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I really don't like riding with my spd's but do because everyone else does (I just want to fit in). I also avoid all technical sections, afraid I might fall.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I can't imagine riding w/o spds in the woods. I also ride in a ballerina suit.

I rember when I go the 1st generation pedals in 1992. They were great unless they got muddy.
Me too.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i like platform pedals. they're great for everything but climbing. clipless pedals offr huge advantages uphills, and are just as good in most other places as well. i rode platforms for about 11 years. my shins are testament to this. i've only been on clipless since last september.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When i read brett's posts. i always get a mental picture of brett sitting behind the keyboard punching away at the keys and shaking his fist. Anyone else get this? I love it.

I get the Gabby Johnson Fronteir Gibberish thing of Blazing Saddles.

No dang flarn dagnabit, I said the sheriff is a N-GONG!!!!

What'd he say?

He said the sheriff is a near.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
when i become obscenely wealthy, i'm gonna have an employee who's sole job is to whipe my ass for me. i hate it. it takes all the fun out of pooping.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
when i become obscenely wealthy, i'm gonna have an employee who's sole job is to whipe my ass for me. i hate it. it takes all the fun out of pooping.

Nobody wants to know this, but since I've started riding 5 times a week, a thoroughly agree.

bruce.b

Dickwad
>>when i become obscenely wealthy, i'm gonna have an employee who's sole job is to whipe my ass for me. i hate it. it takes all the fun out of pooping.<<

Make him use his tongue, it's the third world equivalent of a bidet.

A former supervisor of mine always used to say that if he won the lottery he was going to walk into the big boss's office, pull down his pants and crap on his desk and announce that he's quitting. I always thought that the announcement was unnecessary.

Wait.....how does this relate to pedals?

bruce boysen

anrothar

entirely thrilled
Make him use his tongue, it's the third world equivalent of a bidet.

that's hovering somewhere around the line of what i'm comfortable paying someone to do.... it would probably help if he were dressed up like a sheep....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
"This doesn't entail me dressing up as Little Bo Peep, does it?"

Top Bottom