Clean Start

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
previously updated.....

The results while "reading something" have not been extraordinary, nothing to report.

I feel like if you have time to grab something to read, it isn't working. You may be 1 bad piece of sushi away from your dreams coming true.

jackx

I feel like if you have time to grab something to read, it isn't working. You may be 1 bad piece of sushi away from your dreams coming true.
Unless that day's newspaper is a requirement, it is easier to keep various periodicals near the throne.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unless that day's newspaper is a requirement, it is easier to keep various periodicals near the throne.
Man...do you really expend that much time there? A whole newspaper? I'm so busy it's in and out...most times I can't even check MTBNJ from phone ;) And that can be in a hospital on east side or west side of gotham

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Yeah that's just water loss/gain. The longer-term trend is more important, Pat is going in the right direction.

are you sure? the documentation says it is their dramatic fat burning system, and the toxins leaving my body. :D

i weighted myself straight out of bed this morning - after taking a leak every hour last night.
172 - down 8lbs since monday morning. that is 72 hours. I better drink something.
i'm already into it for about 2lbs of water. time to go read and relax!

Last edited:

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good job Pat....
Pro tip.... go to bed early tonight on Day 2 of cleanse, and keep up the H2O intake.

Patrick

Staff member
After weighing in this morning, Fitbit sent me a participation medal!

Screenshot 2017-06-23 at 07.23.21.png
This is from my recorded high from Dec 2015

Tape measure says i've lost about an inch around the abdomen. Feeling noticeably thinner.

I'm a little groggy this morning, and looking forward to my shake. I wouldn't make any important
decisions, or get into any heated debates.......

A/C guy comes this morning, to render the verdict on the old system.

If all goes correctly, i'll ride my bike today. Also have a friend coming in from out-of-state, and he is bringing his MTB.
He rides in the Kingston, NY, area, so I know he can climb. Hopefully the rain is minimal this afternoon, so we can hit CR.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2017-06-23 at 07.30.27.png
    Screenshot 2017-06-23 at 07.30.27.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Serious question? How do you ride without eating anything? I feel like I would bonk pretty hard. Or, are you just so slow you don't notice the change?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Careful on the bike. You're energy level is gonna be nowhere near normal today, or for the next few days, as your body adjusts. Good work so far...

Patrick

Staff member
Serious question? How do you ride without eating anything? I feel like I would bonk pretty hard. Or, are you just so slow you don't notice the change?

haven't gotten on the bike - been busy with work (excuse, we are all busy)

I'm with ya, no way to do anything with effort in this mode. Even the material says, "light workout" -
The next 5 days are 1200-1400 calories, with an extra protein bar for longer workouts (my longer, not your longer)
Will see how it goes.

7 days to go, then launch into some sort of routine. riding/running/eating!

Patrick

Staff member
Day 9 of 11 is here. This is the last "shake" day - (breakfast/lunch shake, light dinner), then two more cleanse days (nada)

This morning, straight out of bed, the scale read 170.4, which puts me down 10 lbs from the start.
Went with a little bigger dinner the last two nights, added additional protein, cause keto. Maybe closer to 8 oz than 4,
but otherwise, i've stuck to the plan.

Had a bit of a dehydration hangover yesterday, it cleared up with coffee and water. Even tho i'm drinking about a gallon a day.

Still haven't done anything to raise and sustain the HR, but I have been on my feet all day for the last week,
and have lugged a bunch of fire-worthy material around. So haven't been a slug but i am missing the trails. Sucks, cause we are
having a string of top10 days here.

----

Project Condo - Gutted the kitchen

IMG_6578.JPG
IMG_6875.JPG

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
All I did was cut out alcohol, milk and Christmas cookies and dropped from 217 to 189. Been hovering around 196 for a month or so enjoying some beer. Will cut that out as I want to drop 15lb for wilderness and Shen.

xc62701

Nice work Pat!

I have still been hanging in the upper 160s and with racing I usually want to eat more the day before the day of and the day after. So that doesn't help move the scale at all. So now I'm doing two just shake days as a penalty to myself but hopefully give me the right direction with the scale.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Also, I did one of those 9 day cleanses as well but eliminated coffee. Holy crap, that hangover was the worst thing ever.

Mountain Bike Mike

For the money, the dura ace c24's are hard to beat. I had a set of 7900's and they stood the test of time so I got the 9100's in the spring. Considering they can be had for well under a grand, puts them at the top of my list.

Mavic wheels are bomb proof but they just seem sorta meh at this point. There is a reason they bought ENVE because mavic brand became stale.

+1 on the C24 7900

Top Bottom