Chimney Rock Conditions

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Question for locals and frequent fliers: Are weekends still generally a crowded mess here?

I want to ride somewhere that’s not in Monmouth County and has rocks, and this place is my closest option.

Thanks!

I rode there last weekend and I left early because there were too many hikers snd I was really just being a nuisance to them.

CNJRider

Joker
Yeah get there before 830 and you should still find a spot even at Newman's. And if it happens to be full, yeah ball field lot is another spot that usually is open and is my preferred parking spot. Can share some routes if you are interested. One thing to keep in mind is most trails take some time to dry out so good to check this thread for the latest news.

Have fun!

rick81721

Lothar
As good (and as dry) as it gets. Who said the covid hiker crowds are gone - I saw more hikers on blue and white than I've ever seen. Had to stop on the steepest part of the blue climb and wait for a few yahoos to come down. Then on white, I had to scream at some clown with earphones in to pass him.

PS somehow I ended up on an old section of blue by the creek that had tons of trees down and then faded into the weeds. Had to bushwhack up to the real blue trail.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
As good (and as dry) as it gets. Who said the covid hiker crowds are gone - I saw more hikers on blue and white than I've ever seen. Had to stop on the steepest part of the blue climb and wait for a few yahoos to come down. Then on white, I had to scream at some clown with earphones in to pass him.

PS somehow I ended up on an old section of blue by the creek that had tons of trees down and then faded into the weeds. Had to bushwhack up to the real blue trail.

Was totally empty yesterday. Only person I saw was on an old Enduro with a DIY ebike kit, throttling thru the woods.

rick81721

Lothar

Forgot - RIP my wahoo roam. My rear tire kicked off a rock on that little climb from yellow back to the road and I almost tumbled down the side to the creek. Sheered off the mount!

20210805_124227.jpg

Also, was it my imagination or have the trails been significantly de-baby headed? In any event, my back says thanks.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Forgot - RIP my wahoo roam. My rear tire kicked off a rock on that little climb from yellow back to the road and I almost tumbled down the side to the creek. Sheered off the mount!

View attachment 164542

Also, was it my imagination or have the trails been significantly de-baby headed? In any event, my back says thanks.
Check this site out... I fixed an Edge 500 back in the day using their product...

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 164542

I did the same exact thing on the same computer. Ended up superglueing back together and it's seems to be holding up.

CNJRider

Joker
rode CR today, and man was it awesome! kudos to the folks doing all the TM there! the new "middle blue"...not sure what else to call it...but it was fantastic. trails are in phenomenal shape! hopefully we don't get too much rain this wknd

We did get rain early this am but not enough to spoil conditions. The parched soil must have soaked it up like a sponge because it was preemo by late in the afternoon. Get it while it lasts!

CNJRider

Joker
Tree was down beyond the arch bridge behind the frisbee golf course. Could not tell if somebody was trying to block a shortcut or start a clumsy-looking log over. Anyway, it did not hinder me since I never ride that connector but figure I'd post JIC.

20210814_063904.jpg

aviary-image-1628959597078.jpeg

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
HT Paul and I trimmed much of Orange and the upper part of Black today. Should be very noticeable. Tonight’s rain should wash most of it off the trails, at least hopefully, as some was pretty thick. Trails are pretty dry so the rain should help in more than one way.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Conditions were as good as it gets this AM.

Newmans was packed by 9. There were cars idling to wait for open spots. When it gets like this I would advise parking at the ballfields.

View attachment 165090

And I personally would never block the two trail heads. Facepalm! Why?

View attachment 165091

100% would "accidentally" drag my handlebar the length of that SUV.

Jrzjoe

Conditions were as good as it gets this AM.

Newmans was packed by 9. There were cars idling to wait for open spots. When it gets like this I would advise parking at the ballfields.

View attachment 165090

And I personally would never block the two trail heads. Facepalm! Why?

View attachment 165091
Wanna laugh? I was gearing up when that kid parked there. As he was walking away I told him that the police are to ticketing for parking there and that it wasn’t a spot, that he was blocking the entrance to the park. He told me that it wasn’t marked no parking and that it looked like a spot.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions