Chimney Rock Conditions

Off The Road Again

I rode Sunday in the pea soup of humidity. Stuck to White, all of Red, and Orange and Ballfield. Rocks were really slippery on Red, overall good conditions with very little mud/puddles anywhere. Avoided notorious wet areas like Blue and lower White. Thanks to those who trimmed out White, really nice work. Sorry I couldn't make it to the last TM day, I'll look for future TM's.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I rode Sunday in the pea soup of humidity. Stuck to White, all of Red, and Orange and Ballfield. Rocks were really slippery on Red, overall good conditions with very little mud/puddles anywhere. Avoided notorious wet areas like Blue and lower White. Thanks to those who trimmed out White, really nice work. Sorry I couldn't make it to the last TM day, I'll look for future TM's.
That was definitely a day for soft rubber compound tires. Those rocks were glistening. Perfect day for an Ebike too, since you can relax on the climbs instead of burning up.

Jrzjoe

Tree down on the wooden bridge by the frisbee golf course. It’s significant and the bridge is damaged. @cafedave found it first.
Tree down on orange where I marked it red.
Did blue, white behind frisbee golf, orange and red. Surprised at how perfect it was. Even middle blue was ok. Lower blue had some splashes but it was all good to go. I’m sure yellow is fine too but didn’t make it over today.

Attachments

• 026FB7E2-FC59-4E4F-A582-AD4D5A858295.png
    026FB7E2-FC59-4E4F-A582-AD4D5A858295.png
    420.2 KB · Views: 77

Cafe Dave

Tree down on the wooden bridge by the frisbee golf course. It’s significant and the bridge is damaged. @cafedave found it first.
Tree down on orange where I marked it red.
Did blue, white behind frisbee golf, orange and red. Surprised at how perfect it was. Even middle blue was ok. Lower blue had some splashes but it was all good to go. I’m sure yellow is fine too but didn’t make it over today.
Hey @Jrzjoe - thx for posting this - and it was great to catch up with you this morning! I also reported the tree in Trailforks.com app.

I totally agree with Joe's condition report. The weather was perfect, too. One of the best days of the year. Watch for pricklies though.

I brought a small garden pruner.. then saw this :oops:
1625323951671.png
1625323975957.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hey @Jrzjoe - thx for posting this - and it was great to catch up with you this morning! I also reported the tree in Trailforks.com app.

I totally agree with Joe's condition report. The weather was perfect, too. One of the best days of the year. Watch for pricklies though.

I brought a small garden pruner.. then saw this :oops:
View attachment 161009View attachment 161010

looks like you have most of it pruned away.......;)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
New Green trail? And I've never seen that bridge. I ride here from time to time. Where are these ?

bridge is behind the ball fields down the disc golf course.
If I did it correctly, end of this trail.
I’ll add the bridge marker and photo later

Chimney Rock Park\Orange Trail - Ballfield Climb Access on Trailforks

kidzach

oh, ok. Just didn't recognize it for some reason. The angle and pic itself make it seem so much older. And where do you catch the Green Trail ?

thegock

3.88/4 Rode 13.5 miles Red, White, Blue, Orange, Yellow/Green.

Great trimming. Thanks. Tiny puddles.

This 11-12" log is 0.18 miles from Gilbride on Orange:

PXL_20210704_201808236-01.jpeg

UPDATE: 7/8/21 12:48pm heard that this is gone now.

Last edited:

Cafe Dave

oh, ok. Just didn't recognize it for some reason. The angle and pic itself make it seem so much older. And where do you catch the Green Trail ?

My bad. Not 'new' trail; rather trails south of Millers Lane were recently marked as green (prev. yellow). I'm not sure when/if the maps will reflect this, but it should help people report issues/emergencies with more specifics if they're not familiar with the trail system.

1625442971055.png
1625443231497.png

CNJRider

Joker
Took a hike in from the ballfields. Started off mostly dry with the expected puddle or two. Just when i started regretting leaving the bike at home it began drizzling. One hour of steady but light rain has undone yesterday's drying. Would not recommend two wheels today. 3/10.

CNJRider

Joker
Red and orange were ok today. White was wet in the low spots. I did not check blue but assume it is still a mess.

Bridge behind the ball park was cordoned off. Guessing it is because of the lack of hand rails? Structurally still seemed fine to me.

20210713_164054.jpg

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions