Chain Stretcher ...

xc62701

You're Superfly seems to be missing one of it's chainrings;)

-Jim.

PS-Sorry to have missed this event. I know Jamie does awesome work putting races together, and I also LOVE to climb. But I like cyclocross more so:p

There wasn't a lot of climbing...just greasy rocks ;)

NJMX835

I'm not going to lie and tell you it was easy. Three laps was challenging for most of us, but just like fixing your chain, you figure it out and make it work because you want to finish. Congrats on your first chain fix and not giving in to quitting! :getsome:

Thanks much! :)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I managed to black out, fall over, get up, and not loose any postitions somehow. Took me 3 sport class races, but I found out how hard I could push myself from start to finish before utter collapse. My big mistake was battling with a friend of mine for 1.5 laps. Just pushed way too hard. After getting a 4th at Jungle and Ringwood, I really wanted to try and get on the podium at this race so I tried staying with the leaders in the beginning. DUMB! But good lessons for next season.

fasterthanliam

I managed to black out, fall over, get up, and not loose any postitions somehow. Took me 3 sport class races, but I found out how hard I could push myself from start to finish before utter collapse. My big mistake was battling with a friend of mine for 1.5 laps. Just pushed way too hard. After getting a 4th at Jungle and Ringwood, I really wanted to try and get on the podium at this race so I tried staying with the leaders in the beginning. DUMB! But good lessons for next season.

i think i was behind you when you blacked out. what bike do you ride ?

xc62701

Where the Halloween night TT?

Dood it's so much fun. Taconic Hereford State Park/ 909 Recreation Area. About 10 minutes further north from Tymor(Lagrangeville NY). It's a 9 mile TT start(1 minute intervals) where it's just balls out under your lights. SOOO much fun. Costumes are welcomed and the beers around the campfire are nice afterwards. It's a great scene. Just be prepared for the cold/wet weather as it seems it is each year. It's called the Darkness @ 909.

NJMX835

Dood it's so much fun. Taconic Hereford State Park/ 909 Recreation Area. About 10 minutes further north from Tymor(Lagrangeville NY). It's a 9 mile TT start(1 minute intervals) where it's just balls out under your lights. SOOO much fun. Costumes are welcomed and the beers around the campfire are nice afterwards. It's a great scene. Just be prepared for the cold/wet weather as it seems it is each year. It's called the Darkness @ 909.

Oh, I am soooooooooo there bro, I've never raced at night, this is gonna' rule!

Edit:

Just an FYI guys, I looked at the website & it's actually on Sat night NOV 1st.

Last edited:

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I know Jamie does awesome work putting races togetherp

This was a WMBA race- all the credit is due to Chris, Tim, Matt and the rest of the WMBA folks who put on the race. My only contribution was that map.

Fantastic race. Love it every year. My goals were to beat NJ XC Justin, Dave P from Crankfire, and Genaro (one of our NYC guys), not crash, and not flat. I hit every one of my goals. ;)

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i think i was behind you when you blacked out. what bike do you ride ?

this is me, asleep at the wheel :D

http://gtluke.smugmug.com/gallery/6150941_RftG5#387397511_QhAub-A-LB

Could have been you. I know someone was right behind me and asked me if I was ok, then reminded me that there was only a mile and a 1/2 left. If it was you, thanks, because thats exactly what made me get my ass up and finish. That and of course the thought of being made fun of for quitting. :D

xc62701

Oh, I am soooooooooo there bro, I've never raced at night, this is gonna' rule!

Edit:

Just an FYI guys, I looked at the website & it's actually on Sat night NOV 1st.

Yea November 1st. Sorry it looks misleading. I meant Halloween - night time trial, not Halloween night - time trial ;)

wmbarace

results are up in crude format on the forum. should be able to download the xl sheets off wmba.org shortly.

thanks to all who came out and raced.

chris

fasterthanliam

this is me, asleep at the wheel :D

http://gtluke.smugmug.com/gallery/6150941_RftG5#387397511_QhAub-A-LB

Could have been you. I know someone was right behind me and asked me if I was ok, then reminded me that there was only a mile and a 1/2 left. If it was you, thanks, because thats exactly what made me get my ass up and finish. That and of course the thought of being made fun of for quitting. :D

glad to see all worked out for you. i was using the same mile and a half motivation speech on my self.

Top Bottom