Chain Stretcher ...

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Engignar - what is your intended pace? I race beginner and I don't want to hold you up!!

Engignar

I plan to do an intermediate pace...don't worry about holding me up. I need to catch my breath too ya know! I have a little bit of a time crunch so I can't wait around too long before getting started.

I'm no blue mountain pro so it remains to be seen if I get lost or not...

Mare

BikeReg is open till 5 pm tonight. Save 5 bucks.

When I pre-register, my total comes to $27.80. Am I the only one that questions how I save $5? Anyone I ask doesn't seem to get my point...I am only saving $2.20.

Mare

When I pre-register, my total comes to $27.80. Am I the only one that questions how I save $5? Anyone I ask doesn't seem to get my point...I am only saving $2.20.

I am not trying to be too anal-retentive...just wondering.

BiknBen

It's $25 to WMBA and $2.80 to BikeReg. The racers pay the on-line processing fee.

gtluke

The Moped
i just did the preride with the montclair crew. blue is better than i remember from last year. what an awesome place, and awesome race course.
see everyone tomorrow.
i THINK i'll be at the rock burm taking pictures tomorrow. you'll see it, and its awesome.

NJMX835

Just got back from pre-riding it, great course!

The rock berm is def pretty cool, lots of other fun features too, can't wait to ride it again tomorrow!

Pokgirl

Spork
I need to just finish and most likely will be 5th overall in the H2H final standings. I missed 2 races because of breaking my collarbone at Stewart, I may have finished 4th overall if it weren't for Dirt Points :hmmm:

Hey RC -

With a finish tomorrow and some paydirt points, you may be able to pull out 3rd in the series.

I can't freakin' believe it, but I am not racing tomorrow. I was imitating Superman on a totally non-tech downhill at Blue on Tues. Really - hard-packed dirt at the beginning of Yang, what did I hit? It may have been the troll hiding under the bridge that I sailed over horizontally (watch out for him! Make sure you pay the toll!). I messed up my hand, I think on that tree I was trying to avoid plowing into with my head or shoulder. I hope to be up and running again by the time for Walnut Mtn.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!!!

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Hey RC -

With a finish tomorrow and some paydirt points, you may be able to pull out 3rd in the series.

I can't freakin' believe it, but I am not racing tomorrow. I was imitating Superman on a totally non-tech downhill at Blue on Tues. Really - hard-packed dirt at the beginning of Yang, what did I hit? It may have been the troll hiding under the bridge that I sailed over horizontally (watch out for him! Make sure you pay the toll!). I messed up my hand, I think on that tree I was trying to avoid plowing into with my head or shoulder. I hope to be up and running again by the time for Walnut Mtn.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!!!

Heidi, I just read your post! :mad2:
Geez I hope that it's nothing serious, I'll miss seeing you at the starting line (the only time till the race is over) To me it's really not important where I finish tomorrow just as long as i do, but not to have you at the race really stinks. Please keep me posted on how your feeling,

RC ... :(

Pokgirl

Spork
Heidi, I just read your post! :mad2:
Geez I hope that it's nothing serious, I'll miss seeing you at the starting line (the only time till the race is over) To me it's really not important where I finish tomorrow just as long as i do, but not to have you at the race really stinks. Please keep me posted on how your feeling,

RC ... :(

The hand is starting to return to regular size. I'm going to give it a try on the bike tomorrow (road). Maybe some easy singletrack Mon or Tues.

Let's just plan on seeing each other at Walnut Mtn, huh? :)

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
The hand is starting to return to regular size.

Let's just plan on seeing each other at Walnut Mtn, huh? :)

The hand is starting to return to regular size. ! ! ! ! Oh thats wonderful, jesus that must have been some Superwoman stunt! (still shaking head) Walnut Mtn it is.

RC ... :hmmm:

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Disneyland is fun in the rain. :getsome:

kush

Disneyland is fun in the rain. :getsome:

got 3rd ....wahooo

not as slick as i thought.

PS - here is a pic of my feet :D

2916935782_18e888ecf9.jpg

Last edited:

xc62701

Here's my report

I just got back from the race and it was a fun one as usual. Quietly to myself I was wishing for rain since I think I have an advantage in the sloppy conditions and I got what I was wishing for. The course received a nice amount of rain early this morning which slickened things up and made the rocks just a little more dicey. Much thanks goes out to the crew that ran and organized the event as the Expert race went off on time and we had nice 3 minute gaps between groups to help sort out the madness. For a change it went Pros - 30/39, 40/49, and me - 19/29 with JR's and 50+'s. Which was nice to not have the 30's and 40's big guns fly through within the first couple of miles.

The first laps was good and we set out on a hot pace. The climbs were grimy and power sapping as you could feel your tires sliding out especially when out of the saddle. I settled in 3rd place after a little shuffling and was fighting back and forth with Geoff Lenat and the junior Cody K. <---- what a fast dood. Anyway it was good and we settled into a pace and heckled each other as we swapped positions and grinded out the climbs and we were all solid. Things stayed the same for the remainder of lap 1. Then I realized that there were two more laps to go :drooling:

On lap 2 I caught Allistair(#1) as he had some issues but as I had forseen, about a 1/2 mile later he came flying through. At one point I passed Geoff and then he took it back a little while later and then came his downfall. He pulled off to be a nice guy and got a stick in his derailleur and his day was over. Sheared it right off. So now I was sitting fine in 2nd for the remainder of lap 2 - still feeling good and putting some nice power down. Then I reminded myself that we had one more lap to go...ugh... :drooling::drooling:

So through the start/finish I went and took it down a notch to maintain and I just told myself not to be fast but to be smooth and the rest would fall into place. I was trying to catch Allistair but I knew it would be a tall task. I didn't see anyone in my own category on lap 3. I did start passing some of the 40/49 guys and then I started cramping. My left hammy and my right quad fired. I instantly downshifted, sat, and spun hard to get them to go away and they did. So trail by trail I worked on staying smooth and finally I got to the finish. I maintained to stay in 2nd with a time somewhere right around 3 hours. It was a great day as I love that course SOOOOOO much. Definitely my favorite park in the area. So I got my stuff together got my medal and some $$$ and got out of there. :D Now for some football and beer....mmmm.

Top Bottom