Car-spotting thread

qclabrat

Okay how does the oil get way up here to the filter. Some sort of pump?
IMG_20200919_175353.jpgIMG_20200919_175408.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200919_175353.jpg
    IMG_20200919_175353.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20200919_175408.jpg
    IMG_20200919_175408.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 2

mfennell

Seen near my house. There was a very clean early Mustang convertible on the side of the house too.
four-cars.jpg

You have to be a real wagon nerd to like this. Lowered Audi Allroad. I think the flairs are normally black plastic.

I was driving my wife's '91 318is for the first time in months. We both gave each other the thumbs up and he asked if it was for sale. Less than 5 minutes later, someone else asked if it was for sale. It will be - once I have it all working again.

audi.jpg

iman29

Seen near my house. There was a very clean early Mustang convertible on the side of the house too.
View attachment 139702

You have to be a real wagon nerd to like this. Lowered Audi Allroad. I think the flairs are normally black plastic.

I was driving my wife's '91 318is for the first time in months. We both gave each other the thumbs up and he asked if it was for sale. Less than 5 minutes later, someone else asked if it was for sale. It will be - once I have it all working again.

View attachment 139707
Are those all for sale?! Wonder whats under the hood of the Z28.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
View attachment 139702

View attachment 139707
Looks like a ~75 torino wagon, ~38 willys coupe, ~70 cutlass, 80s F body

Are those all for sale?! Wonder whats under the hood of the Z28.
probably a dead 305

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Anyone care to calculate the load on that poor hitch @Patrick

sum of Mass x Gravity x perpendicular distance - i'd avoid complicating it with CG, since we are talking about loading it with bikes....
:D

unlike a trailer - this is more a torque load (@UtahJoe is ME? or @shrpshtr325 ) so it has it's unique problems.

i'm always amazed the rack doesn't bend without some sort of triangle structure = although angle iron is tough.

How ya feeling?

Dingo

sum of Mass x Gravity x perpendicular distance - i'd avoid complicating it with CG, since we are talking about loading it with bikes....

unlike a trailer - this is more a torque load (@UtahJoe is ME? or @shrpshtr325 ) so it has it's unique problems.

i'm always amazed the rack doesn't bend without some sort of triangle structure = although angle iron is tough.

How ya feeling?
I'm healing... Hip feels like the Dr left a block of wood in there. Getting around pretty well with crutches, and I start official PT Monday. Hard to believe it's been 4 weeks already.

Andypowerful

Some stuff from my ride yesterday with 3 of my buds we went north west for a change. Allamuchy and Great meadows what a perfect weather day for 70 miles.

then after my ride had to stop by and bring the older two some lunch at work and this nice GS vette was parked next to me. Totally would drive.

View attachment 138432
Where was this place selling the Porsches?

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

How ya feeling?

the frame is probably al, which is relatively light, cant tell what size hitch, but look at tongue weights for a given hitch and you can get an estimate of torque load, i believe a class IV hitch (2 inch) can handle up to 1200 lbs of tongue weight (rated for 12k lb trailer, 10% tongue loading is typical recommendation) average hitch sticks out past the vehicle approx 8-12 inches, how far from the hitch structure is that? its all simple math really.

Andypowerful

Some stuff from my ride yesterday with 3 of my buds we went north west for a change. Allamuchy and Great meadows what a perfect weather day for 70 miles.

then after my ride had to stop by and bring the older two some lunch at work and this nice GS vette was parked next to me. Totally would drive.

View attachment 138432
My last post didn't show correctly. Just wondering where this dealer is that is selling the Porsches.

Top Bottom