Car-spotting thread

Anyone care to calculate the load on that poor hitch
You beat me to it. I own what is essentially the same vehicle, and I can tell you that the max tongue weight for a 1.25 receiver is 200 pounds.

2000 pounds max gross trailer weight.

Captured an accident on my car cams for the first time - not mine thankfully. Sitting at a red light on 202N where River rd/Dory Dilts intersect. Two cars collide at the median in 202 - one goes a little north on 202 and pulls over, the other guy takes off. Then the guy on 202 took off as well. Didn't seem to be much damage but they definitely collided.

Captured an accident on my car cams for the first time - not mine thankfully. Sitting at a red light on 202N where River rd/Dory Dilts intersect. Two cars collide at the median in 202 - one goes a little north on 202 and pulls over, the other guy takes off. Then the guy on 202 took off as well. Didn't seem to be much damage but they definitely collided.

Thank you for not calling it in.

A friend sent me this and its gotta be the craziest thing I've seen car wise, but Audi puts speakers and microphones in its exhaust systems I guess its to enhance or cancel out the exhaust noise?
View attachment 139829
View attachment 139830
View attachment 139831
That's just so ... German. "What's the most elaborate way we can make the car quieter?" A quick search tells me that there's a shop that repairs them for $750! That's a pretty niche thing - muffler speaker repair guy.

A friend sent me this and its gotta be the craziest thing I've seen car wise, but Audi puts speakers and microphones in its exhaust systems I guess its to enhance or cancel out the exhaust noise?
View attachment 139829
View attachment 139830
View attachment 139831
ok i actually went and looked this up bc I was certain that picture was a photochop....wow...they actually do this on the diesels so make they sounds more like v8s and not diesels.....has to be a European thing...in the US we love our diesels cars sounding like tractor trailers, and blowing out huge clouds of black smoke....While in Europe, diesels now have a bad rap.

i was gonna put this in frown thread, but more effective here I think.

I guess I will just park my '13 Santa Fe 2.0T in the driveway and wait for the Fire - New Car sequence.

*edit - park in driveway because they said so link*

ok i actually went and looked this up bc I was certain that picture was a photochop....wow...they actually do this on the diesels so make they sounds more like v8s and not diesels.....has to be a European thing...in the US we love our diesels cars sounding like tractor trailers, and blowing out huge clouds of black smoke....While in Europe, diesels now have a bad rap.
You should record your Mustang’s rumble and sell it to Audi for ...
C72ADF80-3F72-4F07-9DA0-F4675B933FDE.jpeg

Beware what you drive for work. My wife just texted that "some loud. black IROC Camaro pulled up to our house, better not be the tree guy." Followed by, "yup, not impressed." Translation. He's not getting the job.

Reactions: don
You should record your Mustang’s rumble and sell it to Audi for ...
View attachment 139857

1958 Plymouth Fury, Christine

How could we leave a horror movie centered around a 1958 Plymouth Fury—and directed by John Carpenter—off the list? Stephen King was so popular at the time and had enough clout that the film went into production before the book was even published. Anywhere between 23 and 28 cars were used in the film (sources vary), and not all of them were Furys. Columbia Pictures placed ads across the country looking to buy Belvederes and Savoys, too. The majority of the cars were used onscreen and the rest were used for spare parts.
The illusion of Christine’s ability to regenerate herself was created using hydraulic pumps located inside the car that were attached to the sides of a plastic-paneled body double. The pumps then sucked in the sides to create a damaged version of the car, and then the film was reversed. Some tricky special effects for 1983.
Another deceiving trick? The sound we hear from Christine’s engine isn’t actually a Plymouth Fury.

Filmmakers used a recording of a 1970 Mustang 428 Super Cobra Jet engine.

couldn't find a hemi, or 440 around somewhere......

Beware what you drive for work. My wife just texted that "some loud. black IROC Camaro pulled up to our house, better not be the tree guy." Followed by, "yup, not impressed." Translation. He's not getting the job.

Shit. I drive a straight piped Camaro to work and there's a line down the block for me to work on their bikes. What can I drive to stop that from happening?

1958 Plymouth Fury, Christine

How could we leave a horror movie centered around a 1958 Plymouth Fury—and directed by John Carpenter—off the list? Stephen King was so popular at the time and had enough clout that the film went into production before the book was even published. Anywhere between 23 and 28 cars were used in the film (sources vary), and not all of them were Furys. Columbia Pictures placed ads across the country looking to buy Belvederes and Savoys, too. The majority of the cars were used onscreen and the rest were used for spare parts.
The illusion of Christine’s ability to regenerate herself was created using hydraulic pumps located inside the car that were attached to the sides of a plastic-paneled body double. The pumps then sucked in the sides to create a damaged version of the car, and then the film was reversed. Some tricky special effects for 1983.
Another deceiving trick? The sound we hear from Christine’s engine isn’t actually a Plymouth Fury.

Filmmakers used a recording of a 1970 Mustang 428 Super Cobra Jet engine.

couldn't find a hemi, or 440 around somewhere......
Well in the movie...the car doesnt really have much of an exhaust sounds...its mostly the sound you would hear from the front of the car...sound of the carbs fully opened up, engine roaring....I can say that I have ridden in a car with a 428 and it sounds pretty much the same as my 390 (pretty much the same engine) and at no part in christine did i feel like I was hearing a ford FE.....Bullit on the other hand, there are several times where it sounds EXACTLY like my car, like spot on perfect.

Back
Top Bottom