Biggest loser

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Good shit! That’s a lot of time to shave... 23.07% if you hit 5hours on the dot. The headwind is real on that route at the time of year. No negative splits happening if it fierce. Autobus is definitely favorable.

Besides you know how i roll...Who the fuck rides 27.5😆😆

6 Hours. 5 hours!!?? What am I Bill Russell?

Steve Vai

FB_IMG_1641905384578.jpg

w_b

I’mma gon KIS. 205lb now. Downslope to March 31, with 180 or less being a walkoff grand slam, and 189 or less a 51 yd FG in OT (after both teams have had a chance to possess the ball.)

Ride more, incorporation of BIYF goal of finishing in top 10 and at least 1 hr/ day.

Eat less, especially after dinner late night snacking and especially CHEESE. Better portion control on PASTAs.

Drink less, especially my signature “doubles” erry night.
Updated weigh in 1/9: 199lb. -6lb. since 12/29

The Good:
Drinking less of the caloric liquids. Attempting to consume 1 gal of water/ day.
Late night snacking reduced. Christmas Cookies are done. Cheese consumption reduced. Swiss Colony mixed nuts almost gone. Must resist….
Exceeding biking goal of 7hrs/ wk. So far.
Increasing yogurt, oatmeal, and fruit consumption.

The Bad:
Cooch took me over to Jughandle the other day for a couple flights, and we came back dancing with the czars at 13% abv, yum. Day drinking will get you nowhere even if you are in Tinton Falls.
Another night I fell off and housed half a bag of Spicy Queso Tostitos, also yum.

The Ugly:
I’m back to work so the shitty lunches may start back up. Maybe not.

They say the 1st 20lb are the easy ones, so I should be paved with rice cakes for another 14lbs. Keep up the good work, those who are. Those who aren’t, well, do better.

iman29

In the spirit of maintain don’t gain I was Testing the limits a little more today now I am 2+ weeks post COVID. I didn’t have any major breathing issues but did have slight shortness of breath which is lingering a little.

Did a few varied short intervals on zwift to see how it would effect my breathing and coughing.

Not terrible but not great either. I do feel like today I was coughing less and I was able to do a whole hour of a decent workout without overdoing it too soon. Hoping by next week at this time I can try some more intensity efforts.
1A9BF05D-C1EB-4356-84EF-78BC61D55FD6.jpeg

HiFiGuy

Down three pounds to 211. Guess dry January is helping because definitely had a few junk food binges over the past five days as my team was riddled with covid, stress eating, have to find a work around for that. Have been good getting in workouts on the kickr, it’s soo much better than the dumb trainer. also got out at Dickerson mine today, the cold burns more calories, right, should be skinny as heck after that amount of cold.

Fat Trout

Motivation weaning this week, discipline taking the reigns. Saddle up boys and girls, it's going to be a long winter.
Discipline is key and my worst fear long term. I'll admit I eased up a bit after some early sucess. I even had a set back...although In my mind i'm telling myself it was a planned test. I ate a whole bunch of pizza and beer...and chips and yeah the next weigh in went up. I'm allowing for some more things at dinner but better than before. The discipline for me on one thing remains. Fruit for lunch at work and putting time on the bike or weights. Riding Saturday in the snow (vs trainer) I felt the difference big time and tonight I felt it with the weights finally. This is especially pleasing as I had a light rotator cuff pain that has nagged me for 6 months or so and light strength training seems to have made that dissipate. That was from being out of shape and I consider that one a warning if it does go away fully.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Something is up with my digestive system - been a couple days now.
Sparing you the details, the solution may be a 1/2 jar of miralax in a 1/2 gallon of water.

Weight has been steady for 3 days - and i've had this feeling like a dehydration headache. Still pounding the water,
but it won't relent. I don't see anything in the list of detox symptoms to explain it, and i'm not too low on calories.
Maybe something in the fridge was on the edge? I'm 100% sure this is not a problem.

Hopefully a temporary situation!

Lots of good results!

Keep going! Get those spouses on-board to reduce the stuff that knocks you off the diet.
Think about it - if they buy cookies, and YOU eat the whole box, they are not buying if for their enjoyment.
Speaking of, my w1f3 asked that I pick her up some decent IPA. She isn't on-board with the NA stuff,
and playoff football is on-deck!

Make those good choices - see results, celebrate with new bike parts.

Steve Vai

Week 2.

I go back to Dr Mike this morning to get the all go. Or, mostly go because I'd say my back is at 40% Day-to-day feels good but I'm not doing Deadlifts anytime soon...I have a ridiculous bikepacking trip planned this weekend either way.

I'm down 5 lbs and tracking in the right direction.

Screenshot_20220112-073205_Health Mate.jpg

iman29

Lots of good progress but as noted by many the early days are easy as you body adjusts to you skipping the bad stuff.

I have committed to ignoring/skipping the candy and cookies around here every day (my main weakness) and also to get back to keeping my 28oz sport water bottle with me to drink and refill at least 4-5 times a day. One trick I learned was to think about when I am looking for that "snack" to take a drink of water instead. Im also a big believer of several small meals during the day so I'm not coming to lunch or dinner 100% starving. I realize this is not always possible with everyone's own personal schedule but something to think about. As I am increasing the workouts, I can give myself some small rewards per week (i.e. donut, pizza) as long as I have put in the time.

As noted above, if its not already in the schedule, I like the "Wednesday Weigh In" idea - is that an official thing here?. Also Wednesdays are probably good in case someone had a bad weekend (i.e. football playoffs with beer wings and chips).

you can do it.jpeg

Steve Vai

Just got back from Dr. Mike. I have a protruding disc between L3/4. I'm not really supposed to do much activity for about 6 weeks, but he knows that's never going to happen so we came up with a plan to deal with my training load. Hopefully it works or I'm pretty F'ed.

xc62701

Just got back from Dr. Mike. I have a protruding disc between L3/4. I'm not really supposed to do much activity for about 6 weeks, but he knows that's never going to happen so we came up with a plan to deal with my training load. Hopefully it works or I'm pretty F'ed.
Yikes. That's not good. Does that mean your training ride for this weekend is good to go?

The Kalmyk

Go see Joey G. fir some Rolfing

Top Bottom