Biggest loser

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
5A86CFEA-4764-42F8-AEAC-52B1A9B055E3.jpeg

Robin

My usual Tuesday weigh-in...not good. I actually gained. Granted, I did have a big serving of ice cream Sunday and my dinner last night had some salt...just frustrating when you've been tracking your calories in/out for the past 3 weeks...I'm just hoping that my running/CrossFit/riding will pay off come spring.

JDurk

My usual Tuesday weigh-in...not good. I actually gained. Granted, I did have a big serving of ice cream Sunday and my dinner last night had some salt...just frustrating when you've been tracking your calories in/out for the past 3 weeks...I'm just hoping that my running/CrossFit/riding will pay off come spring.
Stick with the plan. Don't look at the scale. Check measurements and how clothes are fitting, as well as how you feel.
I hit the 180's today! 189.8 but it still counts! First time I've seen the 180's in 2-3 years.
Keep it up.

thegock

PXL_20220125_120526635-01.jpeg

My biggest (how much do you weigh if u won't say the#?) friend dropped by Versailles in 2008 unannounced. Told him that we had just finished dinner and apologized for not having leftovers. We sat in front of the 🔥 talking about his diet/health issues for one beer B4 I remembered that my wif3 had baked a blueberry pie. He said "Pie, did you say pie?" and demolished half of it.

#me2

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
View attachment 177116

My biggest (how much do you weigh if u won't say the#?) friend dropped by Versailles in 2008 unannounced. Told him that we had just finished dinner and apologized for not having leftovers. We sat in front of the 🔥 talking about his diet/health issues for one beer B4 I remembered that my wif3 had baked a blueberry pie. He said "Pie, did you say pie?" and demolished half of it.

#me2
I'm having trouble understanding these posts. Am I missing something?

Fat Trout

I feel like I can finally report breaking through my resistance level. I've had some cheats but those days I have tried to offset with long trainer bike rides. I went from 175 to 165, then crept back up and yo yo'ed a bit so I didn't want to take credit until I saw moves down that stayed for a day or 2.
I started early and never really offered a timeline so to share (and clear it up in my own head) here's my info.

Dec 5th :175 (start)
Jan 5th : 170
Jan 11th (ish) : 165
Current Jan 25th: 161.8 (-3lb new)

the new only reliably held over the last 3 days so I held at 165 (ish) for a good week and a half. Looking back it took me around a month to really get any solid gains I felt I made and kept.

I've moved my trainer rides to 2 hrs time sort of every other day with light weight lifting in between (for the most part). I said I was going to do 7 hours a week but seems to have managed 6 to 6 1/2. 2 hours on the trainer is a bit mind numbing so I've made up for it by reading every magazine in the house and watching more dash cam crash/jerk driver videos on youtube than I care to admit.

thegock

2 hours on the trainer is a bit mind numbing so I've made up for it by reading every magazine in the house and watching more dash cam crash/jerk driver videos on youtube than I care to admit.

I did two hours once on the Kurt Kinetic, when I was racing, training and working for the Man, got off and said "Well, that sucked." and never did 2 again.

My go to on the trainer was binging series (e.g. The Wire) or race videos (Pantani ftw)

Your results and discipline are impressive. Congratulations.

PHAT KITY PXL_20220125_120647340-01.jpg

Back to eating pie...

#cameraadds10lbs

Last edited:

Fat Trout

I did two hours onceon the Kurt Kinetic, when I was racing, training and working for the Man, got off and said "Well, that sucked." and never did 2 again.

My go to on the trainer was binging series (e.g. The Wire) or race videos (Pantani ftw)

Your results and discipline are impressive. Congratulations.
Thanks.
The smart trainer is a lot more tolerable at least for me. I had a mag trainer a number of years ago. I used it one winter because I had to after committing to do a stage race over my head. I watched Dexter while on that trainer. I got rid of it as soon as the snow melted.

After blowing through magazines and Youtube videos. I'm thinking of digging out an old Miami Vice DVD box set I somehow ended up with years ago. Cheezy 80's TV show should help lol.

jklett

I weighed myself this morning and I am indeed back to square one with my weight. Life has been beating the shit out of us lately(not going to get into it here) so my focus hasn't really been on dieting. I am eating healthier and not drinking anywhere near as much(I have had maybe 4 or 5 beers since Christmas) so it's not been a total loss. I feel like I've turned the corner with the whole covid thing too where I can push a bit without killing myself so there's hope that I can turn it around and still at least come close to my goal even if I don't quite hit it. Once I get through this latest crisis I'll try to focus more on the whole diet and exercise but now's not the time for that, there's bigger things at stake for my family that require my full attention.

Top Bottom