Berms and Jumps and Flow

This is huge news for me. I live 10 minutes from that park and wasn't even aware of the new bowl, (I had seen the construction happening) or that the bike prohibition was finally lifted.

And super cool to see Scotty continue coming back from his injuries.

I literally live less than a minute by bike from the new skate park they built in Brick. I could pretty much throw a rock and hit it from my house but of course NO BIKES ALLOWED! :mad: Ironically they have a learn how to ride your bike path there for the kids though. SMH

So crazy how versatile modern bikes are.

Could cross post this with the car spotting thread with the Pivot on top of the RHD 911 ;)

Bernard Kerr is awesome, great rider he's in some of Sam Pilgrims videos too every now and then. Sam is a great all around do it all rider too! I love the manual to jump dip the front end tweak thing Bernard does at 1:23 in that video.

I literally live less than a minute by bike from the new skate park they built in Brick. I could pretty much throw a rock and hit it from my house but of course NO BIKES ALLOWED! :mad: Ironically they have a learn how to ride your bike path there for the kids though. SMH

Bernard Kerr is awesome, great rider he's in some of Sam Pilgrims videos too every now and then. Sam is a great all around do it all rider too! I love the manual to jump dip the front end tweak thing Bernard does at 1:23 in that video.

No bikes is the definition of discrimination :( I'm fine with not being allowed in skateparks but how about a pump park like in the first part of the Kerr vid?

I like those manuals to jump a lot! I also the nose manual hop he does at the pump park at 0:41. Really small but so cool looking.

No bikes is the definition of discrimination :( I'm fine with not being allowed in skateparks but how about a pump park like in the first part of the Kerr vid?

I like those manuals to jump a lot! I also the nose manual hop he does at the pump park at 0:41. Really small but so cool looking.
Love me some nose stuff.

the company that built brick is local to me and the same one that built the park 5 min from my house. The skate scene is really heavy and includes some pros. Anyways, while this park allows bikes (plastic pegs), the bike hate is present and often comes up on IG as "look at the damage the bikes did". The main thing I noticed is that bikes have basically zero presence in the planning of this stuff. The skaters are driving it on the approval / planning / fund raising side and bikes are just an after thought and hence, get left out. I would say it is 15/1 skater/bikers that are involved. Sound familiar? Seems very reminiscent of mtb presence compared to hikers and other trail users at many parks. One thing we all can agree on is scooters should be banned ;) here is my son mowing one down

Yes, he asked if he was ok (scoot kid was cool) and yes I am joking.

All that rant just to say, it would surprise me if one of these paved pump tracks showed up as no bikes...

Love the feebles!

I do see that the skaters do most of the planning work. I don't know what it is but a lot of BMX'ers are parasitic. It seems that people that ride from a surfing/skating background have a better idea on how to keep spots quiet and want to help keep it up/appreciate it more.

That place looks pretty sweet too! Eleven hour drive isn't horrible about the same as going out to Ray's in Ohio.

Reactions: don
We need a jump/bike park like the one at 9:45 around here either that or I need to move to England LOL!
yes - at first that place looked a little funky (what do they use on the lips?) but once those guys were riding it, it looked really fun.

I'm not sure if I posted my new favorite looking place but Sapwi in California looks so well done. http://sapwibikepark.com/

One of the guys behind it was from the old RideMonkey DJ forum and has had trails (Jeremy Combs) and the planning of this place shows. Plus they do a weekly work session every Sunday morning. I wouldn't want to show up Sunday afternoon for the heckle session.

That does look cool. The closest we have in the US seems to be the Riveter sports center down in NC. https://www.riveternc.com/

I really want to get down there some day. It's cool they also have a covered set of lines.

Riveter looks like another really good one. I like the pavilion they have and think that might be a good model if something like this ever could be done in NJ. A location like central/shore where the weather is pretty decent all year 'round. Combine it with a climbing wall and some other outdoor activities and maybe you could cover the insurance.

That place looks pretty sweet too! Eleven hour drive isn't horrible about the same as going out to Ray's in Ohio.
11 hours - I want something with an 11 minute drive haha! I saw something on IG that Cranx in Syracuse might be rebuilding. Not sure the scope but the last Cranx had a great jump line and it was a 4-5 hour drive.

I went to Cranx once the indoor part with all the bermed walls and rollers was fun the outdoor part wasn't finished yet when I was there. It would be awesome if they open up again still a long drive though so yeah something 11 minutes away or at least in this state would be perfect LOL

IMG_20121208_143935.jpg

IMG_20121208_142927.jpg

aww Cranx. I miss that place. Small but fun and not THAT far. Like a mini Ray's (though i've never been to Rays). Would be cool if they came back. There's a place in Pittsburgh too that has an indoor rhythm section i think, Wheel Mill maybe? Slightly closer than Rays.

Definitely make the trip out to Ray's one weekend if you can it's well worth it! That place is a blast! Got to experience Pimp Fest one year at the hotel I stayed at...and yes it was an actual for real Pimp Fest!! LOL I actually think the drive out to Ray's was far less annoying than the drive to Cranx was. I just went straight out Rt. 80 instead of the PA turnpike to avoid a ton of tolls. Didn't get the chance to stop at the Wheel Mill when I went to Pittsburgh a couple years ago for the Farm Aid concert but that place looks fun and worth a trip too.

Cranx was a lot of fun but by far the best line was the first straight of the jump line. The middle was a lot of work and the last box was good but just pretty wore out by that point. My buddies and I said they could cut half the stuff out and have 2 really good jump lines and it would be just right. It will be interesting to see what they come up with this round.

WheelMill in Pittsburgh is really well done. The main jump room flows well and is good for various levels. You think you have it wired until you see Potozny go thru it! :oops:

I haven't been to Ray's in years and it's probably completely different. Ray's is great in that it has sooo much under one roof.

Semenuk destroys again.
When you drop 2-3+ 1-2 min parts a year, some times they all seem the same, but so many bangers in this. Not necessarily jaw dropping huge stuff but mixing some manual + trick tech + semenuk classic style...awesome. only a handful of filler tricks smashed between this:
That back flip with inches clearance to start
Alley oop foot plant: 8 foot out
Nose bonk to tail whip
Nose press scrub to manual @ 1:09
Fast plant 360 x-up @1:15
360 lookback to manual landing@1:25
long manual to flatdrop backflip
straight fire

Semenuk destroys again.
When you drop 2-3+ 1-2 min parts a year, some times they all seem the same, but so many bangers in this. Not necessarily jaw dropping huge stuff but mixing some manual + trick tech + semenuk classic style...awesome. only a handful of filler tricks smashed between this:
That back flip with inches clearance to start
Alley oop foot plant: 8 foot out
Nose bonk to tail whip
Nose press scrub to manual @ 1:09
Fast plant 360 x-up @1:15
360 lookback to manual landing@1:25
long manual to flatdrop backflip
straight fire

yup

In my old age I really like and appreciate his riding. Tons of style, smoooooth as silk and he'll add a little something extra to things (like the X-up to the 360 foot plant drop or the can can on the cab 180 of the back flip). That fact that I love nose bonk stuff helps too :D

Loved hearing that screaming freewheel and the spokes working hard haha

Side note: it would be amazing if places like Mtn Creek add features like that big swell and triple roller. That big swell banked to the left would be so fun before the big right hip at Creek.

Back
Top Bottom