Berms and Jumps and Flow

don

I tell younger kids I come across that ask about riding to just watch Chase Hawk videos. He can ride a bike.

His tables are text book perfect and how he can manual in and out of tricks is incredible. Then you add in his power and transfer/carve capabilities.

And I absolutely love watching people that can really crank at a jump or feature. The comment he made about having a starting gate before that loading dock table had me smiling. Kids should start off learning how to really haul ass down the first straight. That one clip at 9:44 where he has to pedal uphill for that natural 1/4 - not sure most of the new school riders could get that speed for that.

Also crazy is how time flies. I remember seeing pics of Hawk as a young gun riding 9th street on his race bike and clips and doesn't seem long ago. Dude is 30 something years old now. Man I'm old.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I tell younger kids I come across that ask about riding to just watch Chase Hawk videos. He can ride a bike.

His tables are text book perfect and how he can manual in and out of tricks is incredible. Then you add in his power and transfer/carve capabilities.

And I absolutely love watching people that can really crank at a jump or feature. The comment he made about having a starting gate before that loading dock table had me smiling. Kids should start off learning how to really haul ass down the first straight. That one clip at 9:44 where he has to pedal uphill for that natural 1/4 - not sure most of the new school riders could get that speed for that.

Also crazy is how time flies. I remember seeing pics of Hawk as a young gun riding 9th street on his race bike and clips and doesn't seem long ago. Dude is 30 something years old now. Man I'm old.
Definitely one of my favorite riders.
He made a comment somewhere that he can manual so well because of racing. I’m not sure that is the only reason, haha. Everything he does is so effortless.

don

Definitely one of my favorite riders.
He made a comment somewhere that he can manual so well because of racing. I’m not sure that is the only reason, haha. Everything he does is so effortless.
Being a grom and riding with Joe Rich, Taj, Reuben and all the other heavies that swung thru Austin, TX at the time may have had helped him a bit too 😉

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Whoa whoa whoa.... I created a new thread because of this video. Don’t steal my glory! There are zero berms or flow in the gnar!
They mentioned this on the Pinkbike podcast. They’ve ridden some of those lines, but described how mortals roll into them slowly and carefully. The precision need to snipe the landings is apparently pretty insane.

Reactions: don

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Damn - all one line! That Cab drop in was smooooth!

Filming is great too. I saw something recently on IG of a drone racer (didn't even know that was a thing) following Steve Peat and it looked awesome.
*Nollie cab (man, the skaters brains will explode with that name)

The filming was insane, i wonder how many takes they did since they had at least two-three people for the different sections. I figure there were a bunch of collisions

FastFreddy

That video popped up as an ad for Haro bikes while I was watching a Scotty Cranmer video, gotta say it has to be the best ad I've ever seen! It would be cool if there was a behind the scenes video with outtakes and stuff.

FastFreddy

It's amazing some of the god awful noises Josh's poor bike makes in this video but wow so many cool, fun looking jibs\lines!

don

Relic with heavy duty NorthEast spots. Clint riding his bowl - damn. Ever has become amazing. That nac to t-down at 9:30 :0 Long video so you could skip to the stunt section at at Clint's house for a quicker watch (starts around the 10:00 mark)

Hallahan Boys riding to Devo is well worth the watch.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Insane.... When one of the top DH riders in the world, uses that much body English to maintain control of his bike, I could only imagine how truly difficult that line really is.
I wonder how big that jump at the bottom is, he was in the air for a loooong time

a.s.

Mr. Chainring

Relic with heavy duty NorthEast spots. Clint riding his bowl - damn. Ever has become amazing. That nac to t-down at 9:30 :0 Long video so you could skip to the stunt section at at Clint's house for a quicker watch (starts around the 10:00 mark)

Hallahan Boys riding to Devo is well worth the watch.

Soundtrack on the Hallahan Video was way better. 🙂

Top Bottom