Berms and Jumps and Flow

don

The manual Garrett Reynolds does at 14mins in this video is unreal, I don't know how far he went but it was faaaaaarrrrrr! The fakie manual the kid after him does is pretty nuts too!
That was crazy long and no brakes either! I've done maybe one of those blocks and I start seeing sideways I can't imagine the concentration it takes to go that long!

Agree that fakie manual was impressive as well!

don

This is one of those vids you need to watch a couple of times and I think the producers could do an extended edit with him sizing up/planing each piece.

Lots of thread the needle stuff which reminds me of a some big mountain snowboarding/skiing but Remy is riding roots, rock and loam not powder!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

This is one of those vids you need to watch a couple of times and I think the producers could do an extended edit with him sizing up/planing each piece.

Lots of thread the needle stuff which reminds me of a some big mountain snowboarding/skiing but Remy is riding roots, rock and loam not powder!

yeah, this is wild AND doing it with an open face helmet

Reactions: don

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Whoa whoa whoa.... I created a new thread because of this video. Don’t steal my glory! There are zero berms or flow in the gnar!

don

Whoa whoa whoa.... I created a new thread because of this video. Don’t steal my glory! There are zero berms or flow in the gnar!
My apologies!

I came into this thread from a link on my notifications and didn't see your thread until just now.

But like stb222 said it is FLOW and it is so good I think 2 spots for it are justified ;)

BTW - I like the new free-ride thread :thumbsup:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

Remy Morton - ice pick on a picnic table, Greg Hill tucks, tire taps and tire slides, WOT thru rough stuff, chainless.

So good.

I am trying to find the video part where Taj break's his chain and then does a chainless run through Section 8 (maybe section 8). Nate Williams also does a chainless manual on a huge rail in one of his street parts this year.

Anyways, all these things are super impressive, most people don't realize how strange a bike feels without a chain, let alone doing stuff like this on them.

Last edited:

don

So good.

I am trying to fixed the video part where Taj break's his chain and then does a chainless run through Section 8 (maybe section 8). Nate Williams also does a chainless manual on a huge rail in one of his street parts this year.

Anyways, all these things are super impressive, most people don't realize how strange a bike feels without a chain, let along doing stuff like this one them.

I've never ridden without a chain but can imagine it feels strange. Even hitting DJ's where you can just roll in on - I do a little ratchet crank every now and then and not having that would throw me off.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
That chainless kiwi vid was sick but i stumbled upon this vid and these may be the best trails i've ever seen (and i've been to Posh and Catty). Everyone riding in the vid were on mtbs, but he wasn't specific about the main builder guy and if he was mtb or bmx. If these are strictly mtb trails i'd be surprised. It's a little long on the talking but walking through the trails really shows how ridiculous they are. Work of art.

don

That chainless kiwi vid was sick but i stumbled upon this vid and these may be the best trails i've ever seen (and i've been to Posh and Catty). Everyone riding in the vid were on mtbs, but he wasn't specific about the main builder guy and if he was mtb or bmx. If these are strictly mtb trails i'd be surprised. It's a little long on the talking but walking through the trails really shows how ridiculous they are. Work of art.

Those Leatherhead trails look amazing. It's Jimmy Pratt's (who has been on DMR for a long time) spot.

I like how they have a lot of green/plant life in them. A lot of trails will just open things up and it's just a wall of dirt with the big trees here and there. I also like how Leatherhead has that home made wooden fence and frames out the walk up. Catty is like a free for all getting back to the start. Catty is amazing in it's own right but I love when places have that little extra bit with a nice walk back and greenery added.

Another vid of Leatherhead:

Ian F

I like the water retention ponds, although I wonder what they do to mitigate mosquitos. Dump a gallon of bleach into them once in awhile?

Top Bottom