Votes: 1 7.7%
  • january 6th

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • january 13th

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • january 20th

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
I need something to motivate me, and while this is more scaring me then motivating me, I'M IN.

I'll be in British Columbia the first two weekends in January so I can't make it on those dates if that's what's chosen.

I could be in for December 2nd only (As I voted). Will the race still be on if there is snow on the ground?

What's wrong? Trying to find things to whaaaa about?

I am not about to get more snow on the Truth than mud. I still have to get the bike muddy. For the record, I was referring to 6"+ of snow. I don't think studs would work too well on UST tires.

Date is now (un)OFFICIALLY December 23, 2007!!! it will occur wether there is snow on the ground or not, though if conditions are truly horrible, or there is more than 6" of soft snow, it will be a very modified course.

Date is now (un)OFFICIALLY December 23, 2007!!! it will occur wether there is snow on the ground or not, though if conditions are truly horrible, or there is more than 6" of soft snow, it will be a very modified course.

Wohoo! Sounds awesome! Welcome back buddy!

should be a good festivus race

:rofl:
A Festivus for the rest of us!!
BERKSHIRE VALLEY BUZZARDS FESTIVUS BASH
festivus.jpg

i refuse to have any event i (un)organize related in any way to the horrible, pathetic excuse for comedy that is the jerry seinfeld show. worst show ever.

i've added a start time and location to the main posting. details below.

start time: there is a mandatory riders meeting/check-in at 7:30AM. the clock and the sport class starts at 8AM. experts leave at 8:30, pros at 8:45. the finish will likely close at or around 5pm. i would really like it if volunteers could meet up with me prior to the event so that we could go over where they will be stationed and for how long. plenty of time for that between now and the event.

location. i've chosen the pathmark shopping center in jefferson township. park in front of the bikeshop/diner. this provides a convenient location for food, stocking up, bike parts if necessary. i'm gonna try and see if i can get one of the guys from the shop to come in early(they normall open at 11 on sundays). the shopping center has a bagel shop, pizzaria, nail salon, bike shop, diner and bank. there is also a shoe cobbler just in case, though i doubt he'll be open at 7:30 on a sunday. pathmark is across the street. dunkin donuts and a large playground/ballfield complex is across the highway(2 lanes). mcdonalds, a liquor store, a ski/snowboard shop, and a health food store are about 1 minute away in adjacent shopping centers. rockaway townsquare mall is about 10-15 minutes away. finish will be in the bike shop, back door, where we can consume alchoholic beverages in warmth, safety and good company.

this will require crossing the northbound side of the highway to start and finish. there is a distinct pattern to the traffic though, with a light about 1/2 a mile down the highway. i will probably bring each group over across the highway to start. racers will then be on their own crossing it on the way back, with a firm warning to observe the pattern and wait for the large break in traffic, which WILL come.

Last edited:
i will be preriding a large portion of this trail tomorrow immediately AFTER brettbrett's 8am mahlon ride. so, probably around 10. probably in the realm of 30 miles or less. we might get freezing rain toward the end of it. price you pay if you want to have advance knowledge of where you'll be going during the hunt. i would like it to be no longer than 4 hours. so, B pace, A+ terrain. there will be some absurdly technical descending and some big(for new jersey), absurdly technical and/or steep climbs. we will not be visiting any of the locations of the time bonuses, but will be riding a good amount of the course in the direction it will be ridden in the hunt.

10am wait if noone is there when you arrive.
rock rill lot at mahlon dickerson(check the trail directory)

Last edited:
if the weather is that rotten, i might cancel this....

edit: the preride today, that is. the hunt is on come blizzard, forest fire, earthquake or alien invasion.

Back
Top Bottom