Bad Driving

rick81721

Lothar
It's like a different planet from Naples and Palermo. You probably didn't do much driving in Rome and drove from Fiumicino to Florence maybe, Rome can be pretty bad.

We did a driving tour of Italy many moons ago. Driving from city to city was fine. Driving in Rome, Florence and other cities was a nightmare. Never again!

serviceguy

We did a driving tour of Italy many moons ago. Driving from city to city was fine. Driving in Rome, Florence and other cities was a nightmare. Never again!
Were you the guy I rescued in Florence once ? He was driving the wrong way on a roundabout on one of the main traffic roadways, Clark Griswold style...

rick81721

Lothar
Were you the guy I rescued in Florence once ? He was driving the wrong way on a roundabout on one of the main traffic roadways, Clark Griswold style...
Rome was the worst. We flew in, arrived in the morning jet lagged, and had to drive through rush hour to get to our hotel.

BPaze

You would have had a blast in Naples and Palermo!
Never went into Naples, but Palermo is insanity. I didn't do any driving there was on a tour when younger with a bus, but just watching the anarchy of the roads was traumatizing. There were a few roads that we wouldn't even stand on the curb for fear of a scooter clipping you and knocking you down let alone cross it. Red lights apparently have a totally different meaning there than in any place in the world, not sure why they even bothered installing traffic lights.

walter

Fourth Party
As someone who primarily drives for a living, is a cyclist and motorcyclist, Im convinced that driving laws no longer exist.

Reactions: Tim

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was such heaven during COVID when I could literally commute to work and see no other cars. It definitely sucks with the traffic back to normal.
Came here to say this- during the ban on non-essential travel, it was a dream. Then everyone came back more maniacal than ever. I saw some damn lunacy during the early transition back.

BPaze

Came here to say this- during the ban on non-essential travel, it was a dream. Then everyone came back more maniacal than ever. I saw some damn lunacy during the early transition back.
Complaining is tough since I am one of those worse than ever. I never would go over 75 mph now I am often around 80+ mph of course that is when the left lane squatters actually let you. I do spend most my time under the speed limit.

I am also shocked at how often I pass a cop doing 80+ and they don't bother with me, but at least I am not one of those that weave in and out.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Adaptive CC is da 💣, doe.
On long road trips it's definitely da bomb.
But that's the essence of NJ driving. Anyone slower is an IDIOT, anyone faster is an effin MANIAC. Except slow drivers in the left lane, theyre goddamn true-bred war criminals.
I'm in NY and we have the same idiots and maniacs. If you ain't going my speed, you suck. 🤣

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Stress and being angry at everyone and everything is the new normal in the area Post COVID.
So true.

On topic, I've been involved in a fatal car accident and witnessed/responded to more than my fair share of carnage on the water. As a result, it's pretty rare these days that I find myself reacting or caring much about other drivers; it's simply not worth my time.

Louis CK's take on driving is great:

Top Bottom