Bad Driving

Seems like a thing.

I've got two that drive me nuts.

The person that can't hold their speed constant. Uphill, below speed limit. Downhill out of control. Set the damn cruise.

Or the person that comes screaming up behind you, and you've been watching. Move over and they slow down and trap you in the middle lane.

I tend to only speed on the highway. Too much can go wrong if there are driveways
We think alike. I literally drive with my cruise control buttons and always 10-15 above posted speed limits. That's the secret to never getting a ticket!

I also can't stand when everyone is cruising nicely at 80 mph on the interstate and some ass hat is still trying to pass all the cars like we're going slow.

Don't understand why slow drivers are so attracted to the left... passing lane.
In my opinion, it is because there is a shoulder on the left which means nobody to watch out for merging from the left (generally). All the “action” happens to your right. Same cannot be said for any other lane in a 2-20 lane highway. So basically I think people feel most comfortable and safe there.

No matter which lane I’m in, or speed I’m traveling at, I constantly find myself being tailgated. Usually by a full size pickup.
And don’t get me started on the right highway lane (exiting and merging lane), I get a lot of drivers who get upset that a car is trying to merge while they use the lane to pass at 80mph.

I generally have a short fuse when it comes to inconsiderate driving. Thankfully my wife has done a good job of coaching me to let it go. I drive a lot for work so it’s been good for me to just ignore it.

My experience on the 3lane roads is the idjits who should be in the right lane, driving the speed limit or under, and PASSING NO-ONE, are afraid of the right lane, and clog the middle lane. Move TF over if you're not passing anyone. In general, however many lanes there are, You won't crash if your texting drifts you to the shoulder.

1 - I learned how to drive like an asshat in Philadelphia. It is a mindset of you MUST push everything to the absolute limit...no mercy on zippers. But everyone does it, so no offense (akin to ski lift lines in Europe)
2 - The left lane is inherently the "safest" lane because you have traffic on only one side and anyone entering your lane is "at speed".
3 - It amazes me how much chaos one car driving 55 mph on the highway can cause.
4 - maybe I am old fashioned...but cruise control still freaks me out
5 - can we discuss people doing 80 mph on a donut ?
6 - I would be much happier if there was greater acceptance of flashing the high beams to pass. No offense, just GTFO of my way.

The asshats on Rt18 in East Brunswick that pull out onto the 3 lane highway right into the middle lane and I have to pass them on the right cuz they can’t accelerate.

Slowing down on the highway so they can be at ramp speed when hitting the deceleration lane?

Blowing horn from behind when coasting into a red light cause you are trying to time it.

Freaks me out on a bike when someone passes me on a blind turn or approaching a rise they can't see over.

They'll go around a garbage truck or farm equipment, but don't feel they can cross the center line for a bike or pedestrian

You all should go and try driving for a day in Naples or Palermo, you would come back with a renewed appreciation for any US driver.

It overlaps with 208 North...
driving in italy was on of the best things about our honeymoon. Fiat 500 manual. Wring the piss out from Rome to Tuscany to Florence.

My mind is blown you guys can use Cruise Control in NJ. I kind of get it with the new radar units that will slow you down and brake, but classic cruise control???

Only time I've ever really been able to use it was 287N in the early AM going to Ringwood/Sterling/Etc as it's empty enough and enough cops out in the stretch before 208 that I don't want to speed.

Otherwise everywhere I find I'm actively driving to deal with all the issues listed above.

I love cruise control and on road trips keep it on as much as possible but once I hit NJ or PA near NJ I have to turn it off.

My mind is blown you guys can use Cruise Control in NJ. I kind of get it with the new radar units that will slow you down and brake, but classic cruise control???

Only time I've ever really been able to use it was 287N in the early AM going to Ringwood/Sterling/Etc as it's empty enough and enough cops out in the stretch before 208 that I don't want to speed.

Otherwise everywhere I find I'm actively driving to deal with all the issues listed above.

I love cruise control and on road trips keep it on as much as possible but once I hit NJ or PA near NJ I have to turn it off.

I rarely use cruise control.

The radar cruise control is garbage in NJ, it leaves a good gap so people go around you and it keeps slowing down to maintain a distance. You can actual tell cars that are using it because they have a huge space and people keep going around them and it maintains it and clogs the left lane.

We think alike. I literally drive with my cruise control buttons and always 10-15 above posted speed limits. That's the secret to never getting a ticket!

I also can't stand when everyone is cruising nicely at 80 mph on the interstate and some ass hat is still trying to pass all the cars like we're going slow.
But that's the essence of NJ driving. Anyone slower is an IDIOT, anyone faster is an effin MANIAC. Except slow drivers in the left lane, theyre goddamn true-bred war criminals.

Don't understand why slow drivers are so attracted to the left... passing lane.
A lot of them go to the left lane when they get on the highway and sit in the left-most lane until they need to exit.

Ostensibly, they don't want to deal with people merging on and off the highway. They can set their cruise control and they only have to deal with the vehicles behind them flashing their high-beams and riding their bumper.

driving in italy was on of the best things about our honeymoon. Fiat 500 manual. Wring the piss out from Rome to Tuscany to Florence.
It's like a different planet from Naples and Palermo. You probably didn't do much driving in Rome and drove from Fiumicino to Florence maybe, Rome can be pretty bad.

Back
Top Bottom