Any Jam Band fans

Andypowerful

Levon Helm passed away. My very close friend started up the Mid Night rambles for him back in the day. They were very close friends till the end of his life. My first experience meeting The Band dates back to 1995 at the Electric Factory in Philly. We were on stage for that one.

Levon on Robbie Robertson... " I wouldn't piss in asshole if his guts were on fire"

This is what you see first when hitting up a Ramble. They are at Levon’s home. If you havent been then certainly worth looking into.
The irony is hilarious...
View attachment 118434
My brother used to do the posters for Levon's Midnight Rambles. I have the last one he did before he passed away. Levon was cool. My brother also passed away last year.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
anyone give this podcast a listen? some fun trips down memory lane, and also some great stories about stuff i missed out on while raising young-uns!

i highly recommend!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/long-may-they-run/id1479120204

View attachment 118990
Yeah this podcast is awesome. Listened to the Phish series back in November or whenever it was. Loved it. Also brought back a lot of great memories.

Speaking of... Got Tickets to all 3 nights of Phish in AC., Trey Anastasio Band in Asbury Park and Trey with the Philadelphia Orchestra at the Kimmel Center!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah this podcast is awesome. Listened to the Phish series back in November or whenever it was. Loved it. Also brought back a lot of great memories.

Speaking of... Got Tickets to all 3 nights of Phish in AC., Trey Anastasio Band in Asbury Park and Trey with the Philadelphia Orchestra at the Kimmel Center!
No intrest in oysterhead? Curiously interested as they are headlining one night at peach.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
No intrest in oysterhead? Curiously interested as they are headlining one night at peach.

Saw Oysterhead back in 2001. Was a blast! They don't take themselves seriously at all. They are a little rough around the edges but lots of fun. Ran in to Les Claypol in new hope a few years ago. Him and Deaner were filming some kind of fishing show on the river.

Have fun at Peach, Lineup looks great! I can't do music festivals any more though. For me it's just sensory overload. Way too many bands without any kind of palette cleansor. Too many people for too long of a time. I can handle hanging out with a bunch of spunions and wooks for a few hours but all day and all night with music blasting 24/7 drives me crazy.

Used to go to lots of festivals in the late 90's / early 00': Gathering of the Vibes, All Good Fest, Berkfest, Camp Bisco among others. Had fun back then and would always roll deep with a crew of friends. I must say that Phish's festivals were always the best though. I think it was mainly because there was only one band and not 1,075 bands. You could wander the grounds during the day and check out all the art installations, have some quiet time, socialize then blow your load at the main event later in the evening.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Levon Helm passed away. My very close friend started up the Mid Night rambles for him back in the day. They were very close friends till the end of his life. My first experience meeting The Band dates back to 1995 at the Electric Factory in Philly. We were on stage for that one.

Levon on Robbie Robertson... " I wouldn't piss in asshole if his guts were on fire"

This is what you see first when hitting up a Ramble. They are at Levon’s home. If you havent been then certainly worth looking into.
The irony is hilarious...
View attachment 118434
Kicking myself for not making it up there while he was still around.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
While its no surprise peach fest was canceled, sad face, its been rescheduled for next 4th July weekend. I can carry over my tix and get a bonus day to boot next year. Canceled my airbnb today.

I am keeping my eye on the lockin page as they moved their fest to Oct. Details are soon to come. I want search out campgrounds and biking near arrington, Va.

MMuller

Hope the weather holds. May be moist/cold/snowy? I'm doing my first shows since March indoors this weekend. Count Basie's new performance space holds 600 but venue limiting to 150. Sunday sold out, still tix avail Sat. Relieved not to have to dress in layers to do a gig but pretty terrified playing indoors. Basie super strict though. Fingers crossed. https://thebasie.org/events/vogel-dead-on-live/

Last edited:
Top Bottom