Allamuchy North Conditions

xc62701

Rode there yesterday, it’s pretty dry throughout the park with normal water crossings higher than normal. There are a lot of blow downs all over the park though, so keep your head up on descents.

Agreed the one coming down from lumpy bumpy out(green) to Cranberry ledge caught me by surprise on that downhill. I’m glad my brakes were working well.

Fat Trout

Agreed the one coming down from lumpy bumpy out(green) to Cranberry ledge caught me by surprise on that downhill. I’m glad my brakes were working well.
The ones on green right by cranberry ledge after the lumpy turn off are good as quad blockers for quads coming in from cranberry ledge. In past years the quad access has been bad. This year not so bad so far.

Last edited:

Fat Trout

I've seen quad tracks recently in the vicinity of where waving willy and white meet. I've seen some moto also but those tracks are more subtle....as you said, big difference. It seems like they are coming from the boyscout camp and / or the 517 side from the 7th day Adventist property.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Definitely 7th Adventist, I wandered down there and they have blown out race track and trails everywhere that are fresh. Noticed how they drop in right at the white switchback re route. Also fresh coming from tranquility lake neighborhood. Anyway you slice it there are always kids and quads surrounding the park system.

Fat Trout

Definitely 7th Adventist, I wandered down there and they have blown out race track and trails everywhere that are fresh. Noticed how they drop in right at the white switchback re route. Also fresh coming from tranquility lake neighborhood. Anyway you slice it there are always kids and quads surrounding the park system.
On the plus side there have not been any quads coming in from Cranberry ledge entrance on the cranberry lake side for the last few months.

xc62701

I did a nice loop yesterday and aside from the cranberry lake stuff that’s still down, candy ass has trees down all over it. That might take some time to open up. There’s a big one on the end of orange switchback that’s awkward to get through. A couple at the end of freakin middle. Theres a few more on the trail marked below as well.
6E2AE80B-F458-42E4-B2D8-E70F6E29E6D6.jpeg

pygmypony

hey all,

i'm looking for somewhere DRY to ride this weekend!...

any chance allamuchy north will be rideable Sat or Sun AM? i have never ridden there, so not really sure about it's drainage etc...

thanks in advance!

joe c

roc

hey all,

i'm looking for somewhere DRY to ride this weekend!...

any chance allamuchy north will be rideable Sat or Sun AM? i have never ridden there, so not really sure about it's drainage etc...

thanks in advance!

joe c
It drains great, you should be fine.

goldsbar

...not afraid of climbing or tech...thanks!

Good thing. You'll get plenty of both. Routes are really hard to describe as not all trails are marked. White runs through the park in one direction. Green in another and they do intersect. That will get you your bearings, but they're not the highlights of the park. You won't go that wrong following parts of the Lucky's Revenge race from last August if you can find it on Strava.

Robin

Parked at Tranquility lot. Lots of ATV activity on white and green back up Ice Cream. Few small trees down and face slappers. Some soft areas but overall ok.

Was a last minute decision to ride here today but will try to get back next week with hand saw and clippers.

Flowers are just starting to pop up at Schilling Rock.

xc62701

I haven’t had my handsaw with me either but there are definitely a few small trees that need to be addressed in these spots.
746878C4-6ADE-4ECA-8C1B-CFAA91FC0193.jpeg

Fat Trout

I haven’t had my handsaw with me either but there are definitely a few small trees that need to be addressed in these spots.
View attachment 121330
FYI....someone got the big pile on purple near white....not sure who. I cleared a few on Dan's trail this past weekend. I have your bottom circle on my list to check out. The top one is passable but any hand saw help on either would always be appreciated. The info is helpful so thanks!

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions