Allamuchy North Conditions

Fat Trout

Prickers/faceslappers are gone! Time to ride the fun section that everyone avoids this time of the year (the area by 517)!
Hey thanks.
As a general shout out to anyone who's interest has been drawn to allamuchy for this race. It would be awesome if any of you could join in on any of the scheduled JORBA trail maintenance events. Turnout has been very sparse and we are really just fighting back the tide at this point. It would be great to make more progress on messy areas and making more fun ridabe features through them. Ive been doing what i can to keep some less used trails rideable as the limited resources keep the organized TMs on the main trails and more significant connectors.
Thanks for the consideration

xc62701

So last night I was there when it got dark and monsooned. It may need a few hours to drain. Rivers were everywhere.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Six of us hit up Allamuchy from the 517 side today on the fatties. Nice coating of snow, a few icy spots and some navigating around bent-down trees that put a cramp on our flow and mileage, but it was a great time and sure was purty. We cleared what we could with our pack saws but there are some massive blow downs that will require chainsaw work in the spring.

2AEFACFB-C5A6-4E9A-8795-2538E63E5011.jpeg
5E34A100-1B26-4381-BF9E-D2893F1C2095.jpeg
6D4B609A-FD40-422C-82AD-96FB4A6185C7.jpeg

Last edited:

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Without a fattie, would it be worth it? thinking of mooch or ringwood tom.
@icebiker
Yep it would be fine with regular tires. Just watch for the icy spots on some of the large rock faces and on the blow downs across the trail. Get out early as it may warm up to low 40’s by early afternoon

roc

Yep it would be fine with regular tires. Just watch for the icy spots on some of the large rock faces and on the blow downs across the trail. Get out early as it may warm up to low 40’s by early afternoon
Thanks for the feedback. Decided on a hike.

Fat Trout

Six of us hit up Allamuchy from the 517 side today on the fatties. Nice coating of snow, a few icy spots and some navigating around bent-down trees that put a cramp on our flow and mileage, but it was a great time and sure was purty. We cleared what we could with our pack saws but there are some massive blow downs that will require chainsaw work in the spring.
Tks for the handsaw help. As long as the weather allows, I'm trying to clear one trail section per weekend through the winter doing point to point hikes. Waving Willy (green) and White from Waterloo Road up to where it intersects green are good as of yesterday. Hopefully mother nature eases up a bit with the heavy snow and Ice crap.

Reggie

Formerly ReggieHammond
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not much. Some here and there, but I wouldn't classify it as enough to constitute a "snow ride'

goldsbar

You guys did a great job clearing the trails. There's still a tree down in a couple of spots, but it's mostly clear (not sure about 517 side).

Robin

Rode Waterloo side trails. Soggy in some spots. Few large trees down on yellow and white. Lots of branches hanging on blue.

phillychris498

Rode north today from the Sussex branch trail side. Did the white trail to lumpy bumpy, then up the switchback white climb, to ice cream via unmarked trail, down to wheeler pond, back to white on memorial and descended down red. There were smaller branches and blow downs all over the park... I cleared what I could.

Big shout out to the team that put in this rock bridge over a perpetually muddy/wet hell spot on the white trail right after the intersection with the yellow trail. It’s a really nice technical feature to do away with that wet spot rather than simply rerouting the trail.
CF65188D-3276-4FC3-875A-233C13444F21.png

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions