Allaire Conditions

Karate Monkey

Quick report: rode some of Brisbane/main park last night. Overall okay, even down by the river.

Lots of ticks, though. LOTS. Despite not having any exposed skin, I pulled three off me (two deer, one lone star), and brushed off several more.

DEET/permethrin are highly encouraged...

EMago

This is a long shot but, I picked up an expensive watch off of the fire road by the power lines on Saturday afternoon. Most likely not worn by a biker or even a regular hiker. Probably a woman and her family taking a walk since everything is still closed. If anyone hears about a woman missing a nice watch let me know I’d love to get it back to the owner if possible.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is a long shot but, I picked up an expensive watch off of the fire road by the power lines on Saturday afternoon. Most likely not worn by a biker or even a regular hiker. Probably a woman and her family taking a walk since everything is still closed. If anyone hears about a woman missing a nice watch let me know I’d love to get it back to the owner if possible.
Maybe put a note about it on the Kiosk?

Zaskar

Big old tree down near the start of Wasteland/bridge crossing. Not a local but I think that was the location.

Rogers

Maybe call park office and notify them.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's perfect now but I here Thunder in the air.
Cleared the low leaner on Glass today some guy I picked up in lot. @SmooveP
20200620_095959.jpg
20200620_100351.jpg
20200620_101242.jpg

mwlikesbikes

Conditions today typical summer. Dry with sandy curves.
Looks like the most of the heavy crowds have moved on to the beach & stores.
I noticed that the concrete “monument” by the bench is gone. Anyone know how long it’s been missing?
520335EA-0F36-42EA-A744-534346F5A35B.jpeg
B8DA60CE-C70A-4618-BF65-76A84C2A5785.jpeg

NCHLS.mrz

I heard someone in another thread mention the absence of the parkway line. Anyone know about this. I’m going there this weekend and it’s my favorite part of the park so I’d hate for it to be gone.

02camaro

I heard someone in another thread mention the absence of the parkway line. Anyone know about this. I’m going there this weekend and it’s my favorite part of the park so I’d hate for it to be gone.
it got washed out the last time it rained like 3 weeks ago but it was back running in less than a week. they guys that tune it up wasted no time, and added some drainage to prevent future damage.

NCHLS.mrz

it got washed out the last time it rained like 3 weeks ago but it was back running in less than a week. they guys that tune it up wasted no time, and added some drainage to prevent future damage.
Glad to hear it. Btw thanks for working on it, I wish I didn't live an hour away other wise I'd be there more often.

Reactions: don

JuniorT58

Found my first tick in one of my legs today after 3 years of riding ! Luckily it didn’t bite me (not that I’m aware of)... Dropping this post as a quick reminder to watch out for them ticks!!!

02camaro

Found my first tick in one of my legs today after 3 years of riding ! Luckily it didn’t bite me (not that I’m aware of)... Dropping this post as a quick reminder to watch out for them ticks!!!
i did a 50 mile ride there 2 weeks ago, i stopped every 15 or so miles to pick off about 6. some of the biggest ticks ive ever seen.

JuniorT58

i did a 50 mile ride there 2 weeks ago, i stopped every 15 or so miles to pick off about 6. some of the biggest ticks ive ever seen.

lots of ticks for sure this year in at Allaire. More than usual I would say. The one I found on my skin was a lone star too...

02camaro

lots of ticks for sure this year in at Allaire. More than usual I would say. The one I found on my skin was a lone star too...
i would say 75% or more that i found were lone star, which from what im reading isnt a bad thing since they are much less likely to transmit lymes than some of the other types.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions