Allaire Conditions

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
??? where on the map? I hit it both ways around 7:45p, and didn't see anything.
The tree was across the trail a few turns from its entrance, just past all the glass on the ground.

Odd for the tree to be gone already by the evening, but that would be a good thing.

Last edited:

choop

I saw the tree down at the top of glass too on Monday at lunch time. Yesterday at lunch it was gone. The tree in the dips behind the lot has been cleared out too. Thanks to whoever did the work

wonderturtle

So what do y’all think about tomorrow (Saturday) morning?

we’ve had a good amount of rain this week but also a good amount sun

looks like we have one more round of storms this evening

bringing a noob tomorrow morning and was hoping to make a “go” or “no go” call this evening

(Obviously all bets off if raining in am but doesn’t look that way at this point)

SLug

Was out this morning on the orange, blue, and white trails. The ground was wet, but there was very little mud. I thought the conditions were pretty good.

Side note: I’m sure it’s been said, but the ticks are out. Found one crawling on my arm while out there.

Last edited:

02camaro

bringing a noob tomorrow morning and was hoping to make a “go” or “no go” call this evening

(Obviously all bets off if raining in am but doesn’t look that way at this point)
Go.

choop

I got caught out by the power lines when it started raining and by the time I got back to the lot 10 minutes later Steelman and the fire road were flooded. Its been raining heavy since then for 3 hours. Stay away tomorrow.

rmap01

Also worth pointing out that the lower lying trails by the river do not handle rain nearly as well as the rest of the park. What may be perfectly rideable in some areas shortly after a rain could be a sh!t show on other trails. While seasoned riders know this those new to the park/sport may not.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Yeah, tomorrow isn‘t looking too good for Allaire. It's been raining steadily for hours in eastern Monmouth County.

02camaro

There is always Brisbane.
Brisbane fares worse after rain imo. Around the hospital is fine but the trails to the right of the entrance trail and some of the sections that are parallel to 195 get mucky after alot of rain. The hospital Rd side is always fine except by the river.

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
So went out this afternoon to clear this tree off Blind Trail and did about 15 miles. Main park was OK but lots of water run off damage across the street. Be careful on your approach to any downhill, might be missing a big piece of the middle.
20200606_132824.jpg
20200606_130054.jpg

02camaro

So went out this afternoon to clear this tree off Blind Trail and did about 15 miles. Main park was OK but lots of water run off damage across the street. Be careful on your approach to any downhill, might be missing a big piece of the middle.
View attachment 130903View attachment 130904
yep ALOT of errosion on nearly every down hill. hospital road side was fine and dry except for a few random HUGE like pond size puddles of standing water. some deep enough to get your shoes wet. they will probably gone by tomorrow though. otherwise bring your fat/plus size tires because it is loose and sandy.

SmooveP

yep ALOT of errosion on nearly every down hill. hospital road side was fine and dry except for a few random HUGE like pond size puddles of standing water. some deep enough to get your shoes wet. they will probably gone by tomorrow though. otherwise bring your fat/plus size tires because it is loose and sandy.
Rode “main” area of the park today. Zero mud anywhere. Usual dry and sandy spots were dry and sandy. (So, you know, stay away!)

MMuller

View attachment 130903View attachment 130904
This is from years ago, but came around the bend into the downhill and was met by this. Lost control and crashed face first into this. It even looks like some sort of demonic face! I shoulda given up riding then. If I did, I'd probably still be riding today.....(?)

therut.JPG
faceplant.JPG

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions