Allaire Conditions

i would say 75% or more that i found were lone star, which from what im reading isnt a bad thing since they are much less likely to transmit lymes than some of the other types.

But lone star ticks are the ones that carry whatever bacteria/disease can make you 'allergic ' to red meat.....

A few weeks ago I had a lone star, found him about an hour after the ride. It was attached but came off with a slight tug. Saved it in a jar, that thing was alive for 5 days!
Was there yesterday and loaded up with off.
Trails were pretty darn good for this time of year. Gonna change after the rain event.

But lone star ticks are the ones that carry whatever bacteria/disease can make you 'allergic ' to red meat.....
Just looked into this a little and seems like, although sample size is still small, they believe only a small percent of the population is at risk for the red meat allergy. A 2017 article quoted 1-2% of the population is at risk...(That may have changed since then but I need to get back to work instead of researching lone star tick statistics)

Just looked into this a little and seems like, although sample size is still small, they believe only a small percent of the population is at risk for the red meat allergy. A 2017 article quoted 1-2% of the population is at risk...(That may have changed since then but I need to get back to work instead of researching lone star tick statistics)

even if thats so (im not able to do the research right now to confirm/deny), im not interested in being part of the people that cant eat read meat, steak and potatoes for life. are you willing to take the change your in that group?

even if thats so (im not able to do the research right now to confirm/deny), im not interested in being part of the people that cant eat read meat, steak and potatoes for life. are you willing to take the change your in that group?
Oh definitely don't want to be part of that group, just putting it out there to help ease the mind if you do get bit by a lone star

I was out in Allaire this morning off of the Brisbane trail and found an orange Teton backpack near the water tower.
came back about a half an hour later and it was still there....
Trails were good except for a couple of new trees/branches down.

Attachments

• 7B44504F-855E-46DF-AB58-506AA1DF093A.jpeg
    7B44504F-855E-46DF-AB58-506AA1DF093A.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 126
So....I was out riding in Allaire...very dry but still great. Ran the River Trail for the first time, that trail is great except for that climb!

Decided to ride all the way out to the "Swanky Mistress" trail, out by the power lines. As I'm making my way uphill, I spot an older man walking towards me about 200' away....with no shirt....and no pants. Awesome. He's carrying shorts and a t-shirt in his hand.

I stop.

He stops.

We make eye contact....I swear, just eye contact, which, in and of itself was awkward...for me.

He takes his shorts and places them in front of his junk. I look down to give him a second thinking that he is going to put the shorts on and we would pass by each other exchanging a chuckle. When I look up, he's gone.

I pedal forward...and up. I approach a hard left turn in the trail and spot my fellow adventurer laying down, right next to the trail, with his hands behind his head and his legs bent at the knee.......COMPLETELY F'ING NAKED.

I don't look or say anything, but pedal as quick as I can up the loose sand!

How weird is this?

I have no problem if you want to be naked, in the woods, by yourself, but there's plenty of kids and families and women that ride bikes and horses or hike or jog out there... Maybe find a better spot!!!

So....I was out riding in Allaire...very dry but still great. Ran the River Trail for the first time, that trail is great except for that climb!

Decided to ride all the way out to the "Swanky Mistress" trail, out by the power lines. As I'm making my way uphill, I spot an older man walking towards me about 200' away....with no shirt....and no pants. Awesome. He's carrying shorts and a t-shirt in his hand.

I stop.

He stops.

We make eye contact....I swear, just eye contact, which, in and of itself was awkward...for me.

He takes his shorts and places them in front of his junk. I look down to give him a second thinking that he is going to put the shorts on and we would pass by each other exchanging a chuckle. When I look up, he's gone.

I pedal forward...and up. I approach a hard left turn in the trail and spot my fellow adventurer laying down, right next to the trail, with his hands behind his head and his legs bent at the knee.......COMPLETELY F'ING NAKED.

How weird is this?

I have no problem if you want to be naked, in the woods, by yourself, but there's plenty of kids and families and women that ride bikes and horses or hike or jog out there... Maybe find a better spot!!!
I'm not sure which emoji I want to use to react to this post.

I stop.

He stops.

How weird is this?

Ballsy to be laying naked in Allaire in late July just as the chiggers are starting to wake up.

Not at all.... curious if it is a crime in a state park though...
It was his behavior that was concerning....
Pretty sure it’s not legal but probably just a misdemeanor. I wouldn’t worry about it unless he was being aggressive. Probably just a “naturist”.

Went for the first time today...absolute madhouse...we got there at 7:30 too thinking it would be early enough.

Anyway, we almost got taken out by a kid and his dad flying down Tiger Woods today probably over 15mph. Was pretty pissed, should've said something to the dad...completely irresponsible riding. Kid went into the woods a bit so he didn't crush right into us climbing.

Went for the first time today...absolute madhouse...we got there at 7:30 too thinking it would be early enough.

Anyway, we almost got taken out by a kid and his dad flying down Tiger Woods today probably over 15mph. Was pretty pissed, should've said something to the dad...completely irresponsible riding. Kid went into the woods a bit so he didn't crush right into us climbing.
I'm tellin ya! The past 4 months, some of the rudest riders ever. Gonna come to fist fight soon enough.🔨🔨🔨
Oh and the jump line took a hit, major wash out. The pipe that was laid under is fully exposed.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions